It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting reported at Fresno workplace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Mass shooting reported at Fresno workplace

news.yahoo.com

Multiple people have been shot at a Fresno, Calif. industrial plant, according to a number of news reports.
As many as four people have reportedly been rushed to area hospitals. One report says the alleged gunman may be dead at the scene.
KMPH-TV reports the shooting took place about 8:30 a.m. at Apple Valley Farms.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
This is still breaking, so not much information just yet.

Police have not confirmed the reports but it appears the shooting happened at or near Apple Valley Farms in the area of Blackstone and Olive.

Looks like the gunman is dead at the scene. My heart goes out to those affected by this tragedy!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
They say it was a lone gunman, an employee, 42, clocked into work and 3 hrs later he pulled out hand gun and opened fire on his co-workers. He then went outside and shot himself in the head after shooting at least eight people. Some victims are confirmed dead, they say. There were 30 witnesses and 62 employees working on site.

Police have confirmed that at least eight people have been shot during a mass shooting at the premises of the Apple Valley Farms plant in Fresno, California. Two of the victims have reportedly died.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So sad!

edit on 6-11-2012 by windword because: spelling, grammer and update

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Prayers for the victims and their families.

What a messed up world we live in, where this is becoming commonplace.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow really? How can you shoot people you work alongside?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Guess there won't be any wine for awhile.

Something agitated the guy to go after specifically 8 people. I'm going say this is isolated incident that could of been maybe preventive if those specific 8 people didn't antagonize him. Maybe 1-3 are collateral damage.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyJagov

Same way students can badger, harass, assault or even kill their fellow classmates.

Nothing ruins the wonder and beauty of life quite like having to tolerate other people.

Anyway, workplace incidents are generally one of two things: he was being harassed by coworkers, or he wasnt satisfied with his status (overlooked for promotions, being laid off, felt unfairly compensated)

And of course there's always the "he just went bat # crazy" option.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyJagov

I've thought about it.

But, this is no joking matter. Going to work shouldn't be life threatening. So sad for these people and their families.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Something agitated the guy to go after specifically 8 people. I'm going say this is isolated incident that could of been maybe preventive if those specific 8 people didn't antagonize him. Maybe 1-3 are collateral damage.

MH...I usually enjoy your posts...this one, I don't. I find it sadly lacking in compassion, and empathy, for those who lost loved ones...what's going on with you MH...you are getting pretty dark...

Des

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Was going to say the same thing. If a kid in highschool can be pushed to doing something like this then an adult version of that kid that never learned to let go of what people said can be an even bigger bomb in a mental situation. Just cause he grew up doesn't mean he learned how to deal with bullies, and those aren't just in highschools..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyJagov

Oh man you've obvious never worked with people who you seethe with anger towards because they're such arrogant obnoxious .. gaarrghh!!! you wanna put a hammer in their face... type people..

they're terrible.

make you do bad things..

O.o

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
is this true?? theres nothing on cnn???

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

People don't go on a rampage for nothing. Something set him off. Maybe the boss, maybe the gossip train workers. This stuff happens everyday, and everyday it gets posted on ATS. Lack of empathy. No.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Destinyone

People don't go on a rampage for nothing. Something set him off. Maybe the boss, maybe the gossip train workers. This stuff happens everyday, and everyday it gets posted on ATS. Lack of empathy. No.

Maybe his wife or girlfriend left him...maybe he had severe mental issues that stemmed from nothing to do with work...we...don't...know....

Des

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

i dont agree.
People dont always get along and can antagonise and wind each other up, however i dont think thats any excuse to pull out a gun and start shooting people.
i dont like the managers in my workplace, they are greedy and selfish which really Peeves me off, but i have never wanted to kill them!
edit on 6-11-2012 by christafinias because: TYPO

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias

i dont agree.
People dont get always get on and can antagonise and wind each other up, however i dont think thats any excuse to pull out a gun and start shooting people.
i dont like the managers in my workplace, they are greedy and selfish which really Peeves me off, but i have never wanted to kill them!

You dont think it's an excuse but plenty of others do.

Everyday people are killed over pocket change, sneakers, electronic gadgets, funny looks, wearing the wrong color shirt, etc....

Life is cheap for some. A lot cheaper than most care to admit.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
... and what a messed up world we have, where events like this are met with comments like "who can blame him? Haven't you ever had to work with an obnoxious person before?"

People don't deserve to die because they're annoying, and it wasn't that long ago that even implying such a thing was unheard of and repugnant.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by incandecenttruth
is this true?? theres nothing on cnn???

I know!

I first saw it on Yahoo, and while I was putting a post together, they gave it about 1 minute on MSNBC and then went right back to covering the election.

"A shooting at a workplace, oh well, lets get back to the election."

How dare other news happen on election day and spoil the MSM news agenda!

edit on 6-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
www.fresnobee.com...
Jesus Davila said he was at a bus stop on Olive Avenue when someone from a nearby meat factory ran up and said a gunman was shooting people inside. ...
Davila said the meat factory worker told him that the gunman had just got out of jail.
"He said the guy was in nine years and he was crazy," Davila said.

www.cbs47.tv...
Jones showed up to work about 5:00 a.m. and according to one coworker, did not appear to be himself.

--Why did he wait three hours to start shooting people?

--Did his recent jailing drive him over the edge? Was he facing a 'three strikes' prosecution?

--How did this ex-con get a gun?

/

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Life is cheap for some. A lot cheaper than most care to admit.

And there we have it!
Youv'e hit the nail on the head

the value of life. ... hmmmmmm theres some food for thought.

thanks

edit on 6-11-2012 by christafinias because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join