It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voter Suppression Effort Targets Transgender People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Voter Suppression Effort Targets Transgender People

A training manual for a group called True the Vote “features a transphobic image that claims transgender people are fraudulent voters and should be denied the right to vote,” says a press release from the National Center for Transgender Equality.

The image itself can be seen here: Tea Party Group Trying to Deny Transgender Voters

I'm not going to spend a lot of time arguing in this thread. If you have never had a friend or relative, someone you love, experience the reality (as opposed to the cartoon, uninformed image) of the condition, perhaps you simply can't understand. If you have and you rejected them anyway, they are better off without you. So I don't have much to say here. I'll just end with this quote:

"Trans people are resilient," Keisling said. "For trans people, voting is not just a right and a responsibility, for us it is also an important part of how we are winning our equality. Scare tactics like this won't keep us from that."

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oh, puhlease! How many "transgendered" people are there? Who are they exactly? Frustrated males who think they are women, grow boobs by hormone therapy, cut off their privates, create a false orifice and pretend they are women, complete with X-chromosome and muscles to match??? Only a knot hole aficionado could dig it. You think you have he equivalent to a labia majora and labia minora and a G-spot? (Snork!!!)

And what of the opposite. Some macho butch who wishes she had a (ahem) and has to pretend a bit of plastic counts as the real deal? It's completely pathetic.

And to think you demand special rights is laughable. So go vote already! Nobody gives a damn that you are completely psychotic! Half the population is with you anyway! Hint: It's not about your psychosis.

edit on 11/6/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Sorry, I just don't see it. It doesn't look like a transgender issue, it's pretty clearly is saying if a guy in a dress, with hairy arms, a different body shape and hair, comes in with a lady's ID that doesn't really look like him, you should question it.

I know transgendered people have a tough time, but this doesn't seem to be an example of it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Anyone who looks at that image and thinks its about transvestites is either a complete moron or trying to pick a stupid fight.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

this is nonsense transgender folk know what there getting into when they proceed with there transformation, people are gonna hate. so instead of bucking up and dealing with the consequenses\end results, there like poor me im discriminated aganst i need to be treated special. we live in the real world, deal with it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
OP, you've reached a new low of ridiculousness, even for ATS. Go ahead and close your account and go back to Reddit.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

join