It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tomorrow is the big day...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I think the reason the SCOTUS had to make the call in 2000 was because they didn't want Florida to recount their votes by hand. Thanks to the SCOTUS interference, that was the first time in American history that a state was prevented from doing what it was supposed to do by law. Stopping a vote count and just saying, "This is your new president, accept it, we have spoken!"??? Utter insanity.

I think the Diebold machines will take care of it nicely this time around. No matter how people vote, it will come out the way TPTB want it to.

However, I will be watching to see how many votes Gary Johnson gets in my small rural county. If they say he got none, I'll know my vote was thrown out, since I will be able to vouch for the fact that he got at least one.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have wondered if we can really count on an accurate count of the popular vote for third parties. Not just the Libertarians, but the Constitution and the Green.

Even if we don't get our 5%, I am hoping there is a strong enough third party supporter turnout that it rattles the "Ivory Towers" of the two parties. That in itself is worth something.

But...I want to see that 5%! As another thread is discussing, the rise of the Libertarians will be the fall of the Republicans. Perhaps the rise of the Green will be the fall of the Democrats...it is time for the "old" parties to follow the Whigs into extinction....it is time for new ideas and new philosophies.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I hope the libertarian party has a good turnout. I problem I see is the voting public. For GJ to get 5% of the votes tomorrow, you're assuming more than 5 out of every 100 persons voting 1) Knows who GJ is AND 2) will be voting for him.

With regards to our voting population, do you really have that much faith that they are aware and willing to vote for GJ. It's sad because 5% is not much at all, especially with regard to the circus that is the democrats and republicans.

We'll just have to see.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join