It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet pilots fear 'chemtrail' attacks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Thanks to the folks over at Metabunk for finding this.

A lot of chemtrail beleivers like to make comments about shooting down planes, attacking pilots or various other violent acts, and it is unsurprising that it has reached the ears of those against whom the threats are being made.

Article from The Australian:

The conspiracy theorists are part of a global "chemtrail" movement that claims jets are spraying toxic chemicals over heavily-populated towns and cities around the world.

"Threats to shoot down aircraft or harming pilots are becoming more prevalent, overt and alarming," says Mike Glynn, a current airline captain and former vice-president of the Australian and International Pilots Association.

While most can be discounted as empty threats, there remains the possibility that some unhinged individual or group may act. It is beginning to cause consternation in pilot ranks.

*** (Comments regarding members of another discussion board removed. Please see note below.) ***

For examples of threats against aircraft by chemtrail beleivers see here

Admin Edit: Referencing articles on other discussion boards is probably not a problem, as long as we're not cross-posting content (see 15d of the terms & conditions).

We do need to avoid discussing the members of other discussion boards or their actions, lest we incite "board wars" and import unnecessary drama (see 16g). Thus I've removed the paragraphs related to that, but do not in any way want to discourage discussion of the topic itself.

As always, if anyone should have any questions or concerns regarding this action, please don't hesitate to send me a private message. -- Majic
edit on 11/1/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't really believe in chemtrails but the dirt is that they are done from commercial flights more often than not.

SO

IF chemtrails on commercial flights were a reality, the pilots would not likely be in control of the spray apparatus.
Big secret chemical conspiracies don't need a pilot to press the big red chemtrail button while in flight.
It would be based on altimeter readings, gps or remote triggering so why attack the pilots?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

This phenomena needs to be emphasised and exposed as much as possible.
People really need to stop and think where their addiction to the thrill they get from believing in thrilling and sinister dramatic conspiracies (the ones that aren't actually true I mean) is leading them, in the exact same manner of the 'unawake sheeple' they so love to despise.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I think he is trying to point out that some individuals are psychotically dedicated to stopping these supposed "Chem-trails" by any means necessary....

I do not believe the point of this thread in to repress the truth as you have insinuated, but to inform us that some people take these theories very seriously and are ready for violent action as a result.

Denying ignorance also applies to knowing when the truth is being twisted in the mind of a mentality unstable person.

I still never subscribed to the chem-trail theory, but I find it interesting people still grow cautious when they see a plane pass over head with contrails following.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Mike Glynn is an ex fighter pilot, means part of the military industrial complex.
I don't know about the whole chemtrail thing, but one thing I do know is; this thread stinks.

I'm out, cos I'm not a witch hunter general.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Yes this thread stinks - it stinks of the potential death of hundreds of people because of a myth that some people just will not let go of.

whether Mike glynn is an ex fighter pilot or not is utterly irrelevant to the death threats, and also the the fact that the chemtrail myth is a fantasy.

edit on 1-11-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Admin Note

Certain disgusting and patently ignorant posts have been removed from this thread, and the posting privileges of the member who made them have been suspended. Some of the replies to those posts have also been removed in the hope of avoiding unnecessary thread-drift.

When you see such posts, please don't repond to them or otherwise "take the bait". That only makes things worse. Instead, please alert us to them and give us an opportunity to take appropriate action.

With that, I ask that we return to the topic, respect the rights of all ATSers to express their views on the subject of Geo-Engineering and Chemtrails, whatever they may be, and try to be patient while we take care of some much-needed housecleaning chores.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Admin Note: I'm not going to argue with you in the thread. We'll discuss this via PM. -- Majic

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I read through that whole article, and funny enough they never source a credible threat made, or any threat at all for that matter. A couple of people waiting to question a pilot is hardly threatening especially when they are doing it in a public place like the airport. This was poor wording for a story title by the writer IMO, because his own article does nothing but talk about the different possibilities of chem/con trails.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It's a damn shame that pilots have to fear for their lives and well-being due to a MYTH that is perpetrated by people with less-than-adequate education in the science field, specifically meteorology and chemistry. Simple science classes that were required in the schools I went to, but apparently not every school, which is very sad.

I personally haven't witnessed these threats against pilots from the "chemtrail" proponents, but if it is true, then this MYTH has now turned into:

TERRORISM.

The U.S. Dept. of Defense defines terrorism as:

“the calculated use of unlawful violence or threat of unlawful violence to inculcate fear; intended to coerce or to intimidate governments or societies in the pursuit of goals that are generally political, religious, or ideological.”

The key words here are "violence", "fear", and "intimidation".

* Violence - "Chemtrail" proponents have threatened violence against pilots and planes for being a part of the conspiracy, and now pilots fear for their lives and well-being.

* Fear - "Chemtrail" proponents attempt to instill fear in people by claiming that planes are spraying us with toxic chemicals (all while forgetting that pilots are spraying themselves and their families as well, and without a shred of scientific evidence).

* Intimidation - "Chemtrail" proponents attempt to intimidate others that disagree with their non-evidence.

I believe that with these threats of violence, the "chemtrailers" have gone from a civil discussion about contrails at one point, to descending down a dark road that ends in flat-out terrorism.

All because of a MYTH with zero scientific proof or evidence.

edit on 1-11-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: Punctuation -tion -tion

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

The article notes that most threats are almost certainly "empty", and does not actually acuse the Aussie chemmies mentioned of threatening anyone - they are ther illustrating the nature of the belief.

It is about the fear that pilots are feeling - as is clearly indicated in the title and the text - due to the multiplicity of threats occuring all around the world.

However that said there have been threats made on PeeKay's videos by people commenting on them - he has responded with "please do not advocate violentce" or similar - but still leaves those comments up, whereas he is happy to delete comments about science and aircraft characteristics.

Eg see here, and here, and here where he finally starts to say "don't advocate violence"

I have linked to a forum where many threats are recorded (specific messages also just above) - there is no way for you or I or any given pilot to know how serious or credible the threats are and that is what creates fear - a lot of threats, of which it only takes one skillful/dedicated believer to carry through. And given that some of the messages are about "identifying" pilots and "visiting" them why wouldn't they be concerned?

and that is jsut PeeKays channel - pretty much evey chemtrail video on YT has similar comments threatening or wishing to shoot down "chemtrail" aircraft or attack the pilots. And ther are hundreds if not thousands of them.

I am sorry that you don't like where the chemtrail myth has led people's behaviour in this respect - but if you (the "royal" you) keep going on about how it is depopulation, poisoning us, warfare, etc., then how can you NOT expect some people to be taken in to such an extent that they behave like this??

Pretend it isn't happening or attacking the message that it is a real concern won't help it go away.

If you don't like the entirely predictable direction your belief is sending some people then that's a problem with the belief - not with me!!
edit on 1-11-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I am neither for or against the belief in chem trails simply because I have enough irons in the fire so to speak with other real world issues. My point is that since there are no credible threats IE no arrests have been made with people prepared or in the process of making preparations to carry out an type of attacks, or even credible police reports that are followed up on for that matter. This brings me back to my original point that it is IMO the author made a poor choice of a sensational headline for a writer who brings nothing to the table with his article.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I don't see that arrests have to be made to generate fear.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I read through that whole article, and funny enough they never source a credible threat made, or any threat at all for that matter. A couple of people waiting to question a pilot is hardly threatening especially when they are doing it in a public place like the airport. This was poor wording for a story title by the writer IMO, because his own article does nothing but talk about the different possibilities of chem/con trails.

It's probably already been pointed out to you but there is a collection of threats against airlines and pilots at metabunk.org
It's an active thread, so it'll show up on the front page.
They are usually recorded with screen capture for proof, as they are often removed.

It's a reality.
People are using this fantasy to give expression to their suppressed inner anger, violence and resentment in the face of an impassive universe. They should take up role-playing instead.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
For example, in this fan promo for the film "Why In The World Are They Spraying" (picked as the winner of a contest by the film's makers), people "jokingly" mime shooting at chemplanes.

Then a kid appears and says they were silly for only using BB guns.

Eventually someone will do something very stupid.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thos people pointing firearms at planes, surely that is some sort of offence? If a laser pointer can be classed as a weapon because it can be used as one, and it's illegal to point at planes... i dunno, I see the difference in that lasers can cause damage to the eyes, and potentially cause an accident.. these people just strike me as idiots.

And the problem with arguing with people like that is that no matter how many times you bring forward facts and figures, official statements, unofficial statements from ex-pilots, aviation experts or whatever, the veracity of their argument relies on personal opinion and a lot of assumption.

And they can never be wrong, because every ex-pilot is in on it, or a dupe, or what have you.

(*** Gratuitous rudeness removed. ***)

Admin Edit: It's possible to comment on the subject without injecting blanket insults of other members into the discussion. Try it. You might like it. If that's a problem, don't post. -- Majic

<<   2 >>

join