It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I Were a Murderer... [CTPWC]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Let me ask you something. Is it because I put pressure or emphasis on the good, that you're now desiring to put an equal counter-pressure on the evil?? Why do you want to keep the knowledge and experience of evil alive?
reply to post by dontreally

Not at all...It's simply that I enjoy pushing boundries, and taking creative influence whenever it arrises. As to keeping the knowledge and experience of evil alive...It simply exist...It is the nature of existence. I use darkness to create just as much as I do the light. We don't live in a world that is bound only by good, and that reflects in the art that we as humans create. I would love to live with only rainbows, butterflies, and unicorns, but evil presents itself in the material world, so we use it...we learn from it...and strive to understand it.

Not using evil in arts is like taking religions on blind faith alone. It not accepting what is around us, and what we know about existence. In short...When butterflies are an inspiration, I write of them, when evil has inspired my words, I embrace what I have learned.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Not at all...It's simply that I enjoy pushing boundries, and taking creative influence whenever it arrises

Wouldn't murder be the ultimate pushing of boundaries? Or does your pushing of boundaries have 'boundaries'?

As to keeping the knowledge and experience of evil alive...It simply exist

It isn't the nature of existence at all. It's a consequence of human action. Of course, events beyond our power, such as death, illness and natural disasters are an evil we have to come to terms with. But events within our power, for example, murder, are things we should not do, nor should we pay homage to them in poetry or prose. Unless of course an important lesson is being conveyed through such prose, as in Dostoyevsky or Tolstoy (each in their own way)

It's a failing to live up to the challenge of morality that murder happens. There's also a challenge not to succumb to the wicked desire to write a poem such as this, which, apparently, you fail to notice. On the contrary, I imagine you see the challenge to be "not" writing this sort of poetry. As if writing it you have now conquered your 'evil' side. When in fact, and logically, it's precisely the exact opposite.

People who flirt with darkness tend to bring it upon their selves, their loved ones, and others who have the misfortune of encountering them.

I use darkness to create just as much as I do the light.

Ah, so boredom is your muse.

I would love to live with only rainbows, butterflies, and unicorns,

I would personally hate a world with only butterflies, unicorns and rainbows - although butterflies and rainbows are beautiful, and unicorns don't exist.

My concern is this interest in pushing it to grotesque limits. So, again, why impose any limit if you're willing to go so far as to fantasize about murdering someone? Why not do it? What's to stop you from doing it? What makes you think that you're fantasizing doesn't inure you to the act?

I enjoy comedy like the next guy, and I personally enjoy satire (to an extent; for instance, I find joking about genocide to be repulsive, period; people should at least have the decency to hold such areas out of discussion; but again, the relativist cannot resist the temptation to defile every area of human existence. Nothing is held away, left alone, and ignored for the sake of decency), but we have to put limitations upon ourselves. Limitations, after all, are an essential ingredient of existence.
edit on 2-11-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join