It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthrax Gene code unravelled.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Gonna stick this heer because it has a direct impact on the level of threat posed by anthrax but if you feel it should go somewhere else....

"The complete genetic sequence of the feared bacterium which causes anthrax has been de-coded by scientists.

The breakthrough could help doctors come up with better ways to protect people in the event of a bioterror attack"

news.bbc.co.uk...

Although there are many other means of Bio attack I`m sure that progress like this will only serve to make people feel more comfortable or does it? Will such a revelation force people in possesion of anthrax search for even more nasty things to use on us?

[Edited on 1-5-2003 by cassini]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
"Will such a revelation force people in possesion of anthrax search for even more nasty things to use on us"

Absolutely....

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Anthrax seems to be "the public face" of bio terror. Now I know some people will argue that SARS is indeed such a thing, but given the fact that it seems to be following a quite natural course for such diseases, I`m not prepared to accept that theory on present evidence.
(can see myslef getting into trouble for such an assertion but...)

It worries me that we are pushed in to seeing and thinking about only one such potential bio weapon. The true scope of the development of such weapons seems limitless. Does anyone out there have any info on any other types of BW (bio weapon)???

VzH

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
US sold anthrax to Iraq during the 80's...

Why did we do that???

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
"US sold anthrax to Iraq during the 80's...
Why did we do that??? "

Because, at the time...he was going to use it against Iran...(who wasn't exactly our good buddy at the time...nor are they now).

join