It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you vote for Obama or Romney you're an idiot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
To the OP,

Basically, we're all idiots unless we do what you say?

And you have the audacity to rail against authoriatism???

M'kay!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

edit on 29-10-2012 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by lapi7

If you wish "to win" the battle a great general will always deploy tactics which the opposition is not expecting.

I would hardly call sitting on your arse a great tactic.

This isn’t a card game!

Nowhere have I advocated sitting on one's "arse".
You are simply looking to pick a fight where there is none. (and if there was one you would lose BADLY tough-guy !!!)
Anybody who does not have the ability to see the advantage of utilizing proper strategic planning when in combat is either a complete dope or is simply too dumb to be actively involved.
My reply to your posts seems to make perfect sense to the majority of others...go pick a fight with one of them Rambo as (being an adult) I prefer not to come outside to play.
For me this matter bears no further discussion as only an insane mind would attempt to reason with an insane mind.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The really sad part is that if all the people that decided to sit at home on the couch got off there buts and voted let’s say 3rd party then they would be the majority and would change Washington. Yup there so smart siting there complaining how nothing changes.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dishonored
Can someone just come out and say it already? I know I'm not the only one that thinks that WE THE PEOPLE have no choice in this election. Stay home folks. A vote for Gary Johnson or writing in Ron Paul is a vote for the 2 party dictatorship. Stop playing their game. STAY. HOME.

I really have nothing else to say. This "election" is a complete joke. You have no choice.

So, if you don't like the rules, don't play the game? The problem with that is we are in the game, whether we play or not. You need to participate and vote for the most electable person that can work towards your gaols, and if that person fails, the country moves right or left. Less than half of potential voters don't vote, so in essence, not voting is the problem. If you voted for obama and your not happy with the direction he has taken the country, maybe it's time to admit defeat and give the other guy a chance. Or just say "confound it all" and throw your hands up in the air and don't play, but this last four years happened because people stayed home and didn't vote.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dishonored
Can someone just come out and say it already? I know I'm not the only one that thinks that WE THE PEOPLE have no choice in this election. Stay home folks. A vote for Gary Johnson or writing in Ron Paul is a vote for the 2 party dictatorship. Stop playing their game. STAY. HOME.

I really have nothing else to say. This "election" is a complete joke. You have no choice.

Stay home, huh? Just ignore the fact that there are probably 15-20 other elections, bonds, or other issues on the ballot for you to vote on depending on where you live? Why not go vote, but not vote for President if you so choose? Why not let everyone make their own decisions.

When you don't vote, will you be the first one to complain about the results?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dishonored

You know, I would say this is the best thread on the elections that I've seen in the past month, except for one small problem:

If all the smart people who recognize the truth in what you say stay home, that means we're giving all the idiots in America complete control over our future. Three guesses who they're voting for...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I will say this if Obama whoops Romney in this election and wins easily then we know the world is getting all screwed up.Obama has made terrible rude comments and has shown He has no experience at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Third Party has no chance of winning this time around maybe later down the road.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I completely agree with you , its such a freaking joke ..
quit falling for it people

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You know, I would say this is the best thread on the elections that I've seen in the past month, except for one small problem:

If all the smart people who recognize the truth in what you say stay home, that means we're giving all the idiots in America complete control over our future.

Exactly! Historically speaking, half of all Americans sit it out already. Sitting out an election doesn’t fix problems anymore than debating on an internet forum. Who you vote for is a personal decision but voting (IMO of course) is a patriotic duty. I’d rather everyone vote and let the chips fall where they may.

Three guesses who they're voting for...

According to the OP it doesn't matter which candidate wins, which in itself is ridiculous. In 2008 @46% of American’s did what the OP suggested and sat it out. That didn’t work out so good for the country. I'd bet the turnout will be the same this time though the party turnout will be reversed. Obama has done a better job of inspiring the republican base and demoralizing the democrat base than Romney ever could!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostangel818
I completely agree with you , its such a freaking joke ..
quit falling for it people

Good deal!

Just sit back and let me and my friends decide it for you. It will be better for you (and the country) in the long run if I chose.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Ha! And you think going to the polls to play their rigged game is the way forward?

Besides I have another reason NOT to vote... It is immoral... Voting is saying, "I want this (insert demand) now you guys with the guns go get it for me! And if you find anyone that disagrees with me, lock em up!" That is what voting amounts to! If the majority/mob wants what you want too then its supposed to be okay... Well it isn't!

Not voting isn't sticking your head in the sand, it is just the right thing to do!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I believe all votes should be counted because if you live in a blue state or a red state, there's never a chance to get your vote to really matter. This is a federal issue, it should be done through the unity of all citizens in the united states of america. I guarantee you that it would be a game changer if this were the case. Count each and every ballot of every American and see where this goes. It may take a few extra days but it would be worth it. Meanwhile don't publish the results until the votes are tallied. There should also be a list of voters online "anonymous" but viewed as "voter id" which the ID changes every election for everyone. If you want to see if your vote was counted, then go there and verify.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You cannot make the stuff up that the E.U. and the Feds have done to totally bankrupt their own people and they still think they are correct and people still vote for them.
Look what they have done to the people in Greece and tried to do Iceland and the U.K. and Spain and Portugal and Italy.They still think they are correct even after Iceland and Nigel Farage proves them wrong.

The U.S. will head to 20 trillion dollars in debt and the Feds will still say they are correct and I'm sure they will head to 30 trillions dollars of debt and somehow they still will be correct.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jobeycool
You cannot make the stuff up that the E.U. and the Feds have done to totally bankrupt their own people and they still think they are correct and people still vote for them.
Look what they have done to the people in Greece and tried to do Iceland and the U.K. and Spain and Portugal and Italy.They still think they are correct even after Iceland and Nigel Farage proves them wrong.

The U.S. will head to 20 trillion dollars in debt and the Feds will still say they are correct and I'm sure they will head to 30 trillions dollars of debt and somehow they still will be correct.
edit on 29-10-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

Exactly. It would be beyond awesome at this point if our nation gave a damn about the Fed's idea of QE3. That should have been top news for a week in my opinion. I don't think we're that stupid. Blinded, yes. Stupid, kind of but we'll get it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by meeee

Ha! And you think going to the polls to play their rigged game is the way forward?

Rigged or not….at least I’m in the game.

Besides I have another reason NOT to vote... It is immoral...

It’s not the honorable, prosperous, equitable system that communism is, huh?

Voting is saying, "I want this (insert demand) now you guys with the guns go get it for me! And if you find anyone that disagrees with me, lock em up!" That is what voting amounts to! If the majority/mob wants what you want too then its supposed to be okay... Well it isn't!

Like I said…..just sit it out and let me and my buddies decide your fate. I’m cool with that!

Not voting isn't sticking your head in the sand, it is just the right thing to do!

Sure it is! Whatever makes you feel better!

Sometimes I think people who claim to be independent (and people who refuse to vote) simply do so to maintain their ability to bitch about everything while taking no responsibility. If that isn’t a sad I don’t know what is.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I exceeded my 4 hours to edit my post and I don't know how to do this properly but please watch dunk the vote! No one is getting my vote ever again.

www.youtube.com...

Scratch that at least no president will get my vote again. Sorry

edit on 29-10-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I know you are, but what am I?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm definitely voting for Gary Johnson.

A waste of a vote? Nope. A waste of a vote is voting for someone I do not feel anything for or do not like at all. THAT would be a waste of a vote. I walk to the beat of my own drum and my drum beats to the rhythm of Gary's name.

As they say in Fallout 3: "Gary! Gary! Gary!"

some will get that, others won't

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join