It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if you vote for Obama or Romney you're an idiot

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This topic is basically a playground for self-righteous libertarians to flex their ego-centric 'enlightened' muscles, talk about how they 'figured everything out' and claim everyone else is just voting for dummies. It's so amazing to see so many people convinced in their views. They see an illusion and just replace it with another one. Our nation isn't perfect, but it has become a world power in a shorter time than any other country - time will go on and the system will sort itself out. If there is an inadequacy it will be fixed, Darwin at work. You're all not as knowledgeable or smart as you think, and neither am I - the sooner you all realize that the sooner this bull# will stop.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Here are some of the idiots the OP is talking about:

Obama Supporters Unknowingly Actually Hate Obama's Policies

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
hey...a new look at the crux of this thread, you'll like this...

I trade currencies and I do the exact tactic we speak of in this cool thread s...flaggg.....I pick the worst probability and take it out of the equation.....I get to strategize against one hated probabilty....and blow it out of the water....hail...that makes me a pirate!!huh!!
so I vote mormon ....spits on the ground disgustinglylike

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

Sure, all those lefty bankers and stock brokers ruined the economy. Let's not forget those radical lefties that started two wars.

You think the radical left has only started two wars?

Where did you learn to count? Did they not teach you to count past two?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

The faster an empire bloats, the faster it will fall. Empires never last, why would this empire be any different? Empires are not sustainable in the long run.
edit on Tue, 30 Oct 2012 16:43:20 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious

Originally posted by Dishonored
And this is what we get when we do vote.

Solution:

Sit on the sofa, stuffing your faces with Cheetos playing the quintessential armchair politicians.

'

Well hey hey hey, got one of my own for you.

Originally posted by LiberLegit
This topic is basically a playground for self-righteous libertarians to flex their ego-centric 'enlightened' muscles, talk about how they 'figured everything out' and claim everyone else is just voting for dummies. It's so amazing to see so many people convinced in their views. They see an illusion and just replace it with another one. Our nation isn't perfect, but it has become a world power in a shorter time than any other country - time will go on and the system will sort itself out. If there is an inadequacy it will be fixed, Darwin at work. You're all not as knowledgeable or smart as you think, and neither am I - the sooner you all realize that the sooner this bull# will stop.

It is a shame that some of you appear to be engrained with stubbornness (or idiocy, not quite sure which one fits the bill) that you are unable to perceive reality. But I guess the one statement you made

If there is an inadequacy it will be fixed, Darwin at work.

Yes, eventually it will work, but you and the rest of the world won't be happy with the consequences.
edit on 30-10-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You think the radical left has only started two wars?

I was just seeding the notion...

You are right, though. The left is most apt to start a war, and fight it with other people's children.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Besides being extremely vague and condescending do you have anything to actually say? I can't really get a grasp on what you're trying to say here.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

The faster an empire bloats, the faster it will fall. Empires never last, why would this empire be any different? Empires are not sustainable in the long run.

I see two reasons for collapse of empires !
1-weak, wrong leaders !
2-arrogancy !

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
It is kind of a pointless vote.....

Unless enough people decide to go cast that pointless vote

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

It is astonishing people don't see WHY we are stuck with this duocracy. The media has a majority convinced that voting for anyone but who they have chosen for you is a "wasted vote", or a vote for whoever you want to win the least. People convinced by them continue parroting that absurd logic and maybe convince a few more people of it, who also start parroting it. Tell a lie over and over, dumb people will actually start believing it just because of the frequency in repetition....
edit on Tue, 30 Oct 2012 18:22:08 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by girlofmountain1

Flat out don't care. I don't make enough money to be a republican; though I might after I finish my PhD.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

I see two reasons for collapse of empires !
1-weak, wrong leaders !
2-arrogancy !

Power corrupts. There is no other reason other than greed and corruption. And that humans don't learn from history (both the common people and the elite). If they had, the "elite" would not continue to do the same thing over and over since the dawn of man and still expect to win.

Empires will never work because dictatorship doesn't work. You could put the best emperor in charge, one that does the right thing and makes all the right decisions, and somewhere down the line, you will get an idiot that screws it all up.

The fact is, man can rule over himself. Government is obsolete.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

It was sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

Don't know which state you are from; but it was not and still is not like that in Alabama. I'm not old enough to remember it, but my father told mr that the people in Alabama were dancing in the streets when JFK was assassinated because of his stance on civil rights. I do remember that people began switching to the republican party because they felt that the democrats had betrayed them by embracing civil rights.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

It is astonishing people don't see WHY we are stuck with this duocracy. The media has a majority convinced that voting for anyone but who they have chosen for you is a "wasted vote", or a vote for whoever you want to win the least. People convinced by them continue parroting that absurd logic and maybe convince a few more people of it, who also start parroting it. Tell a lie over and over, dumb people will actually start believing it just because of the frequency in repetition....

It's mind boggling isn't it
My boss and I came close to a knock-down drag out today because I told him I was voting for Gary Johnson and he tried to brainwash me with that "wasted vote" crap. I feel helpless when I look around and see so many people clinging to this twisted logic.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think the crux of the matter comes down to personal responsibility and that does not entail following the crowd to the lesser evil, just like recently, everyone buying a house because the status quo puppets and banksters tell us to do so.

Are people to be held responsible for who they choose to vote for is the question?

If yes, then voting for either scumbag bankster backed puppet thrown for us to elect from is an irresponsible thing to do.

Just as everyone with a pulse buying a house was required because the Wall Street Maggots required it to keep their derivative scheme going.

You people that vote for Obama or Romney are enabling the criminal maggots to continue thier nefarious games and are not being responsible.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Spot on Points!

Those that knew they could not afford the house they bought, enabled the Bankster scum and were being irresponsible.

Those that vote for Wall Street Backed, Anti American, Anti Freedom Obama and Romney are being irresponsible AGAIN

Originally posted by Dishonored
reply to post by seabag

No, but the idea here is stop playing their game. I choose not to partake because it is an illusion of choice and the more you go along with something that you don't agree with, the more you give "them" permission to continue doing it. I look at both candidates and I see the same person: more war, more restrictions on the 2nd amendment, more restrictions on speech and more restrictions on you and I as sovereign citizens. More surveillance, more TSA, more Patriot Act and NDAA. Absolutely none of the issues that I feel are important to a free nation are even being discussed, so what's the point in voting for either? Call it placing my head in the sand all you want, but the fact remains: we have no choice.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Exactly!

Those falling for Obama and Romney via the MEDIA are the same people that fell for the housing scam, listening to the media how prices will keep going up and up, and then it all comes crashing down.

Keep picking the "Lesser Evil" but don't be shocked from your irresponsibility when the system comes crashing down because you continued to listen to them and play their stupid games.

Originally posted by SGTSECRET

The news also tells us that a third party candidate doesn't really count. Which is why most Americans cant even name two candidates other than Romney or Obama. Thanks to the medias downplaying of these candidates Americans will never get a president that actually supports and represents his citizens.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

That is who I went with as well. I was going to write in Ron Paul, but I am now pretty convinced he doesn't really want the job. I am almost certain he was only using the national election platform to spread some enlightenment, and hope people get the picture and become the change so to speak.

It has to be a systematic change, from local all the way up to the president, if we can even hope to win. As it is now, it really doesn't matter who is president, we need to start local, then get congress,senate and even the supreme court cleaned up first. I would love to see Gary win, he is the only one in the race still that I can agree with on a lot of different subjects, so he got my one vote this time around.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join