It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Walk 2012: Bloody success! (Photos inside)

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sunday, October 28th was the day the dead walked the streets of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

The Zombie Walk attempted to raise social consciousness, asking people to donate food for the Sol Naciente Foundation and encouraged blood donation.

I hadn't prepared a costume because I only intended going as a spectator, being my first Zombie Walk, but when we got there we saw special effects artists set up shop to zombify visitors:

At first, there weren't many people there, so we simply walked around taking pictures and talking to the few zombies that we found but then we came across the Resident Evil Fan Club:

Some Walking Dead fans...

I was surprised to find Minecraft fans there:

When we took that picture, someone walked by making a "sssssssssssssssss" sound and we all turned, alarmed

Sure enough, we didn't have to walk far to find... thisssssssss:

This guy followed me, stood in front of me and started moving closer to my face...

He was HUGE. It doesn't look so much in the picture, but he was. Dressed in black, leather mask, clown nose and baseball bat in hand he looked straight in my eyes... and I froze. I was terrified and started backing away but I had nowhere to go, there were too many people behind me. I know it's stupid because it was just a costume but I was scared to death! I was shaking and my legs felt like butter... pfft, I'm such a coward

Everyone was really nice and posed for dozens of pictures with anyone who wanted them:

(cont)
edit on 3/15/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

This guy was the other big scare I had, he looked so REAL, the way he walked, the noises he made. It was terrifying:

We came across killer food...

Political zombies:

Ponies. Really. Yeah, I don't know either

And two different free hugs campaigns. One a few blocks from the park where the Zombie Walk was held. The group was really interested in our looks and congratulated us on the costumes. And then this one, with zombie hugs:

Well, those were the most interesting pictures of the day. I hope you like them. We all had fun and are already making plans for our costumes next year, when we'll go in a bigger group.

Thanks for stopping by

edit on 28-10-2012 by Casandra because: Pictures added

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Explanation: S&F!

That Is STAGGERING!

Personal Disclosure: Awesome Pictures!

Congratulations and OL hopes his fellow members pick your brains about every detail.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thats awesome I really looks like everyone was having fun and for a good cause to boot. First post up with pic eagerly awaiting the second post. MORE PIC MORE PICS MORE PICS lol

Edit to add after second post:

Those are all awesome shots you got there some of the costumes are really good. Thanks so much for sharing.
edit on 28-10-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
more pic : Worldwide Zombies

great thread thanks for sharing all these pictures

people really really really like zombies .. way to much
imagine if real one where to take part of the zombie parade
oh wait !

Walking dead episode 3 is tonight

let me share a thread that you will certainly like :
Happy Halloween ATS : 25 Creepiest Places On Earth!
edit on 10/28/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The numbers are out. There were close to 14000 people present and 7000 kg of food were collected. I can't believe it grew so much over the years, the first Zombie Walk only had about 60 people now they're in the thousands.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Braiins!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Awesome stuff

Beautiful country in the backgrounds of the pictures, seems like you're having a blast

oooh! Zombie Dance!

SS

join