It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween and Terrorism... are you concerned ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
With the annual celebration of the little ones and some big ones, dressing as thier favorite super hero, villian, etc, running from door to door, reciting the all too famous

Trick or treat, smell my feet give me something good to eat...

does the thought of terrorism come to your mind ?

I know that there are always the cases of the razor blade and other tamperings with the candy that is passed out to our children, but what about on a bigger scale...

Do you wonder or worry that someone "terrorist" or other "scum bags" who want to be like the "T" word.. would try something to get our children ?

Just a thought that came to mind today.

what do you think ?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm no more concerned of terrorists than the plague, on any given day of the week.

On halloween, I'll be no more concerned of terrorists than of sweet old ladies putting razor blades in apples.

It just won't happen.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I am lucky in two ways my kids are to old for this but my grandbaby isnt.

We live in a very small town and as far as I know we do not have any Jihadists here

Its really hard to get away with something when EVERYONE knows EVERYONE else

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I live in New York City and last year at Halloween I went to the store and bought numerous types of halloween wrapped candies/choclates Hersheys etc and tried to distribute it to the local kids. Never have I been scooted off by parents with more vigor than that day. I felt like a pedophile on parole. So i think there is very little chance that anybody could pass these kids "bad candy".

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mynaeris
I live in New York City and last year at Halloween I went to the store and bought numerous types of halloween wrapped candies/choclates Hersheys etc and tried to distribute it to the local kids. Never have I been scooted off by parents with more vigor than that day. I felt like a pedophile on parole. So i think there is very little chance that anybody could pass these kids "bad candy".

Not like those little sugar bombs are bad enough as it is, right?

I think the sweetest things I enjoy in life are raisinets and coca-cola.

I drink my coffee black, and like my paper at 7am. I'm just plain as folk, and sweets are usually bad for you.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Every year since 9-11 I have heard that something will happen, be it candy with razors or a bomb at a mall, All I can say is your as safe has you are any other day.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I hate Halloween, call me a kill joy if you want but around where i live the only people who trick or treat are thugs and yobs

They wear the cheapest plastic mask they can find and grumble trick or treat when you open the door..... responding with trick is dangerous as they do carry eggs and silly string

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Did it ever occur to you terrorism is a huge part of the Fear/Control system?
The best way to combat "terrorism" is to live your life fearless and not acknowledge it, that only feeds the fear machine that makes yuppies and soccer moms pee their pants at night thinking terrorist are lurking around every corner.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
mynaeris:

I am curious as to why people would scoff at you for handing out
candy to the little ones?? Were you dressed up as Bin Ladin or what?

ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
ZOOMER: I was dressed as myself (see avatar), which I guess is kind of scary. I love children and they were parading the streets working the stores. In NYC the kids' parents only seem to allow them to trick or treat stores. After walking around looking for a kids to give tooth decay to I finally found a mother who allowed me to give her little girl dressed up as a fairy all my candy, her brother dressed up as Superman immediately threw a tantrum that it wasn't shared equally. I have decided to make this halloween a stress free day and to eat the candy myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Thread Author's Note :

My belief is not that there will be a terrorist attack on Halloween...

I do not think that at all.... I was mainly speaking on a smaller scale of "terrorist wannabe's".... etc...

end note.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yes, I'm always the pundit for elimination of stress.

In any way possible.

Stress and fear are the enemies...we need to address those that propagate them...

You all should REALLY fear:

Government Officials,
Hollywood Ideals,
Day Spas of any type (these pander to and reward those who have bad self-esteem.),
Fox News,
Bally 24 hr. fitness commercials.

OBL don't scare me much.

Sure, I'd shoot him if I saw him, as I would any mass-murderer...but I'll take the president's position on this one ( The post-flip-flop position, in case you're wondering. )

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
I'm no more concerned of terrorists than the plague, on any given day of the week.

On halloween, I'll be no more concerned of terrorists than of sweet old ladies putting razor blades in apples.

It just won't happen.

I ain't afraid of terrorism either...that is some USA alerts to scare people and get controled of the population by fear...you should never have fear of things like that, that's what THEY want!!!! Just enjoy Halloween and every other day of your life without that fear of terrorisme that is total illulsion!!!! U wanna be

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Nope not concerned in the least. I just moved back from Manhatten a few months ago, I lived there for 2 years and not once was I ever scared of terrorists.

You cannot live your life scared all the time, no matter how many billions of dollars we put into U.S. security...it will never be perfect, there will be some slip thru's. To some extent it is out of our control...while I don't think there will be another 911 anytime soon...I doubt that will be the last time America will be attacked...especially if we keep going in this same direction regarding foreign policy.

If I were a parent I'd be more worried about those other types of crazies on Halloween...the murderers, pedophiles, kidnappers...you know the American bred ones

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
mynaeris:

I think I would be more aware of businesses than residential.
Just my thought.
My wife and I bought a couple of bags of chocolates to hand out
this year, and wouldn't you know it, we have eaten it all.
I have found that in the last two years especially, the amount of
trick or treaters have gone way down. I don't think we had more than
a dozen last year. As far as I can remember, we have had at least
a hundred or so every year. Wonder what is going on with this?
Are people spooked about halloween?

ZOOMER

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Since Halloween is a celebration of death and the Islomfacists are death worshippers, why not strike on this date.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
Since Halloween is a celebration of death and the Islomfacists are death worshippers, why not strike on this date.
that was genius (cant even spell islam) Is islam a death worshipping religon? I wasnt aware of that...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch

A perfect example of a poster who does not know what they are talking about.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I know that there are always the cases of the razor blade and other tamperings with the candy that is passed out to our children, but what about on a bigger scale...

Actually, that's never really happened before...ever. It's just a Halloween story, concocted to scare people. No, I'm not worried about terrorism. If Moore was right, there have only been two cases of candy poisoning, and those were done by the kids' own mentally ill relatives. It's just a fable. No razor blades have ever been found in any apples or candy.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Damned]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm exceedingly worried about local terrorism that will MOST CERTAINLY occur anytime between now and Halloween. I'm not sure when it will strike, but I know it WILL occur. The perpetrator will be my six year old daughter and the attack will come when I tell her that the Wonder Woman costume that we ordered online is on back order until AFTER Halloween. Yes, there are many Wonder Woman costumes available, but they are 'ugly', and the only 'beautiful' (and age appropriate) one that we could find will not be coming via Fed Ex before Halloween as we planned.

If you are in the Southern California area I would highly suggest purchasing earplugs immediatly. The wrath of Haelee is coming .... or if you want to help thwart this attack U2U me and help me in my mission to find another internet site that has this costume.

Jemison

top topics

<<   2 >>

join