It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless Former Crip Saves Officer in Fight (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I'm actually surprised the cop didn't take his gun out and shoot the pcp'd up attacker, or at least taser him.

But anyways this vid just shows why cops should have to be in shape in order to keep their job. The homeless guy had no problem taking the guy, while the cop who is overweight, didn't even have the strength/agility. whatever else to take him down with a baton.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Looks like a few porky pigs in that video . Yes cops should be fit to do their job that porky pig shouldn't have a job with the police force how would be catch a person resisting arrest , guess he prefers to police the local doughnut shop . Sad

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
I'm actually surprised the cop didn't take his gun out and shoot the pcp'd up attacker, or at least taser him.

Right. And if that had been done the cop would have been portrayed as someone that was using excessive force. No win situation. Good thing Chuckie stood up. There's another thing. Just because someone was affiliated doesn't make them a "bad" part of society. I know many Angels that are damn fine members of society. You won't read about that in the papers often though.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Or wasn't willing to go to the lengths it would take to incapacitate the person. Some are just not cut out to do serious bodily harm.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
What a sick stupid world.

This homeless man put his life on the line for a cop that in most cases would give him a dirty look and this man is homeless and received no reward, meanwhile some lady on a bus who's job was to monitor kids got teased by them received 500,000 dollars in donations. mashable.com...

Sick world, you bastards out there, why not donate to people who need it instead of some old lady who will spend her money in Vegas and trips around the world. At Least the hero who saved the cop would buy a small home or something.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

Sorry correction, she has been donated over 700,000$. She better open parks and donate 99 percent of that or I wil be the one calling her names.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Maybe you should have listened to the video. He wanted no accolades but he's getting them anyway from the city.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Maybe you should have listened to the video. He wanted no accolades but he's getting them anyway from the city.

Not only did I listen to the video but watched it too, hence video.Accolades and donations of money to get him a job and off the street are two different things.

$700,000 dollars? Doubt it. Wheres the reddit fundraiser?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Where's your point?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Where's your point?

Maybe if you read my post more clearly you would of understood.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I am finding some positives in all this. We are humans. We are brothers and sisters - individuations of spirit consciousness, if you will.

This is a display that it matters not who you are, what your background is, or where you come from. We can all be of help to each other, one way or another.

Maybe this changed this cop's life! And others who see it!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

If anything they need to be in better shape than soldiers. He's lucky the guy was there because I don't think they would have been able to take that guy down without deadly force.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by 3chainz

If anything they need to be in better shape than soldiers. He's lucky the guy was there because I don't think they would have been able to take that guy down without deadly force.

You're right. I've seen people on PCP. It's frickin scary what a 120lb person can do on that drug. Let alone a full grown man. That is my contention. Not that the cop was out of shape but wasn't willing to use the force it would take to put that person down.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by 3chainz

You're right. I've seen people on PCP. It's frickin scary what a 120lb person can do on that drug. Let alone a full grown man. That is my contention. Not that the cop was out of shape but wasn't willing to use the force it would take to put that person down.

Its quite possible the cop didnt want to use deadly force since he probably identified the man as being on something and was in a temporary state that did not merit death. He had his baton out and not his gun.

This is a good example of the fine line cops have to walk daily.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Exactly. It's a no win situation in today's world.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

I was root'in for the guy on PCP !

Just kidding, But why did the cop simply comply with being taken over by this guy ? I didn't see him do anything to defend himself.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

It seems to be a common problem in the US that too many cops are fat, out of shape, old or just really not trained at all to be able to manage these kinds of situations. It's good to see an instance where the officer didn't automatically start firing bullets everywhere though - that's definitely a good thing. Too many cops rely on shooting first and asking questions later. Perhaps that's another symptom of them having almost no adequate training?

Also interesting that this deserves so much publicity and praise. Why is the fact that the guy is a former gang leader, and currently homeless, such an issue? To me that says that too many people automatically deem these people worthless, so the idea that a homeless person would be a hero is so "out there" it has to be a big deal?!

This shows that there is a major problem with how people view the homeless, as though they're not Human or incapable of feeling empathy for others.

I definitely agree with you OP, I think there should be a weight limit on cops. If they're too fat and out of shape they should not be doing that job. Desk job maybe, out on the street? No.

I do believe we have fitness tests in the UK, and I don't think I have ever seen a fat cop here. I used to work closely with the Police in my own job, and all of them were well built, healthy and active. That's how it should be for people doing that job.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

But the guy was not armed, the cop had a weapon, and he SHOULD have had adequate training to take down and restrain a man like that.

This comes back to the pathetic training US cops seem to get. They seem to have almost no self defence training at all, and I suspect the only self defence training they get is being trained how to kill someone with a bullet.

This cop did the right thing by not shooting the guy straight off, too many cops would have. If he had received proper training, he could have taken that guy down within ten seconds, no weapons needed.

Cops should have self defence training, which would allow them to stun, restrain and take down an attacker like this without using anything but their hands, their feet and some cuffs. They should use a gun when the other person has a gun or when there is genuine and immediate risk to life. US cops are not doing that.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

But the guy was not armed, the cop had a weapon, and he SHOULD have had adequate training to take down and restrain a man like that.

This comes back to the pathetic training US cops seem to get. They seem to have almost no self defence training at all, and I suspect the only self defence training they get is being trained how to kill someone with a bullet.

This cop did the right thing by not shooting the guy straight off, too many cops would have. If he had received proper training, he could have taken that guy down within ten seconds, no weapons needed.

I was thinking that maybe the cop saw that the attacker was not that serious of a threat as the attacker looked frail. If I had the baton I would think, man, do I club him down in front of everyone? Or do I try a move on him and risk him biting me with a more than likely chance the attacker could of had HIV or someother unwanted infection?
Or do I try to talk him down?

Charles (hero) kknows these kinds of people and saw this man as no threat to him but to the cop so he found it know problem to put the frail meth-pcp head down.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So now if the guy molesting innocent people who was taken out by the former gang member was injured will a lawyer look to $ue him? I doubt it. For one the public outcry would be to high and the lawyer would be too afraid...amongst other things.

top topics

join