It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas can ban Planned Parenthood from health program

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Texas has been very vocal lately.

Its refreshing.

Its called the United States of America, not the Federal United States of America.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

It's not my contract. And the state of Texas has not yet rejected anything. There is a TRO against PP being prevented from being excluded. What happens remains to be seen. I don't live in Texas. I have no stake in it.

edit on 10/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by badgerprints

Great to see you again!
Just as you can purchase something you can also divest yourself of it.
Texas also still gives permission for teachers to beat children in schools.

Homosexual behavior is a misdemeanor offense.

One must acknowledge a supreme being before being able to hold public office.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

In Austin you cannot carry wire cutters in your pocket.

Dumb laws in Texas
edit on 26-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

I'd say you have a conflicted set of feelings about Texas.

You ought to come down and visit. I'll show you around Houston.
By the way, I was in Austin just a few weeks back visiting a gay friend who was giving me a recipe for home made beer. Austin's catchphrase is "Keep Austin Weird."
We were shooting the bull about getting swats for being tardy in back in grade school and looking through the encyclopedia Britannica for the racy pictures of Tahitian natives. I guess I should have called somebody because I had a pair of wire cutters in my pocket. We didn't get arrested but maybe that's because all of the cops are out searching for people in sky blue kelvar helmets.

I divest not.
The alternatives are infinitely worse.

edit on 27-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I must say people seem to get really heated up over this issue! I live in Texas (an hour from Houston). In my area there have always been clinics that offer free or reduced price family planning services. However these services have never included abortion or the governmental subsidizing of abortions. If a woman wants an abortion it is readily available to her, but at her own expense- not at the expense of the taxpayers. The cost is cheap (cheaper than the price of the full yearly female examination plus bloodwork) and is not government funded. The local doctor who performs the procedure is able to keep the cost low because he has a thriving gynecological practice. He was my gynecologist for 20 years.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
How can you be happy for stupidity and oppression?

How can you think killing people is a good way to exercise population control?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join