It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Wants Its Gold Back From The Federal Reserve In New York

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
I'm still wondering how they got this much Gold?

Is this pre-WWII Gold or after ?

Germany's gold was shipped to the USA just after the war, (WW2) where they got all there present gold from beats me. Unless its payment for goods.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mrgone
reply to post by Trapjaw
[more

$7,680,000,000
Based on$1600/oz

Very rough

That's what I came up with as well. 7.5 billion dollars. Not that much money at all when you're
talking about a country's wealth or GDP....but I still wouldn't want to have to load it into a truck.....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Weren't there some tungsten bars found that should have been gold in Fort Know ?

Some Gold bars purchased by China were supposedly found to have small Tungsten cores. Also, some Gold purchased from Russia recently had "Rust stains" The Questions I have, if you're referring to Fort Knox, Is there really ANY gold still there or as much as believed still there?
edit on 23-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Weren't there some tungsten bars found that should have been gold in Fort Know ?

Some Gold purchased by China was found to have small Tungsten cores. The Questions I have is if you're referring to Fort Knox is, Is there really ANY gold still there or as much as believed still there?

My thought exactly........ive been reading a lot of this.....

Thers a lot of fake gold coming in and out, even more then there use to be..........so where the hell did it go and who has it?

I would say this would be really bad for America, but since were are bound and determined not to be on the gold stardard anymore, im not sure what hte implications would be........

That is unless all these countries wanting their gold back, got none cause we dont have it, or fake gold in return......

That would be very very bad for us

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

That's what I came up with as well. 7.5 billion dollars. Not that much money at all when you're
talking about a country's wealth or GDP....but I still wouldn't want to have to load it into a truck.....

Thats their stash in one country. Multiplied by ___?___ countries it probably goes into the trillions. If the Gold is still there...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
I'm still wondering how they got this much Gold?

Is this pre-WWII Gold or after ?

I hear some of it came from the Jews after they killed them. I.E. gold fillings, gold watches, jewelry etc.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
The last time a foreign country asked for gold from the US was back in '72 when Nixon closed the gold window and took us off the gold standard.
This looks bad and is likely the result of reports of gold bars being filled with tungsten. Now, everybody is going to be doing some very close inspection of exactly how much gold they have and how many fakes have been pawned off on them.
The gold market used to be extremely reliable and precise. The phrase "good as gold" actually meant something up until recently. Now we're having our doubts about the entire basis of our world economy?
This may send tremors through world markets making them weaker than ever.
Currency wars are going in to full gear shortly, hang on to your hats people.

What you are saying sounds really scary .
edit on 23-10-2012 by Caltrops because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Panning for gold is only one way of getting the stuff, then there's mining, dredging, and a few other methods. In most cases, you get maybe an ounce or less per tom, and often times it IS less. Panning for a day, you can fill a vile if you hit it big or discover a nugget or two. The point is, you usually get in very small amounts for the amount of work you do. But still it's a lot of fun for hobby prospectors. Have you ever thought how much work it would be to get just a pound? How about a hundred pounds. Then a tons worth........ And we are talking one hundred and fifty tons here..............

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trapjaw
Can someone do some quick math? I'm driving currently for my job, but what does 150 tons of gold work out to in USA or Canadian dollars?

You can check the internet and post a reply while driving but can't do a calculation?

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Gold is the only thing that gives our failing economy any value these days. Without gold, our paper currency is worthless. Our dollar is fragile enough as it is, and Germany thinks we're just gonna throw the gold at them?

Wow.
We have a name for people like you where I come from.
Thief.

You do realise they just want their property back?
edit on 23-10-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My mind goes all over the place with this one.

First, I wonder if this has anything to do with the newest Executive Order I just read where if any one including foreign entities were to help Iran then all their assets here would become ours

The I wonder about that ATS thread a while back where we discussed how the Federal Reserve had a 100 year contract with our government to handle our money which would conclude this December.

Either way, doesnt look good. Not sure I blame them though. I dont trust our banks either.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trapjaw

For purpose of calculation I assumed metric tons. Not sure if that is correct but it seemed right to me. The spot price of gold today is $1780.68 per troy ounce. So the value in USD is $8,240,300,672.16

There goes the deficit again...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Gold is the only thing that gives our failing economy any value these days. Without gold, our paper currency is worthless. Our dollar is fragile enough as it is, and Germany thinks we're just gonna throw the gold at them?

Wow.
We have a name for people like you where I come from.
Thief.

You do realise they just want their property back?
edit on 23-10-2012 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

I doubt it's theirs to begin with. They probably stole it and killed for it.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I doubt it's theirs to begin with. They probably stole it and killed for it.

What makes you say that Germany was bankrupt after the war 2... So who did they steal it off and kill...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
After WWII America loaned a lot of money out to different countries. Most told us to kiss their ass. I think it is time for payback. Germany caused so much destruction around the world that i believe nobody owes them a damn thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
After years of Ron Paul clamoring for the Fed to be audited only to fall on deaf ears,...... Germany to the rescue
classic!

Watch the spot price of Tungsten mysteriousssssllly rise LOL

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
After years of Ron Paul clamoring for the Fed to be audited only to fall on deaf ears,...... Germany to the rescue
classic!

Watch the spot price of Tungsten mysteriousssssllly rise LOL

Ya you are right .I have heard repeatedly about Federal Reserve . I heard they are very dangerous . So this simple step by Germany will give much severe headache to Fed

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
What makes you say that Germany was bankrupt after the war 2...

Most of their industrial, cultural centers and infrastructure were gutted by the end of the war.

So who did they steal it off and kill...

Austria (1938)
Sudetenland (1938)
Bohemia and Moravia (Czechoslovakia) - (March 1939)
Memel (part of Lithuania) - (March 1939)
Slovakia was set up as a German puppet state (1939)
Poland (1939)
Denmark (1940)
Norway (1940)
Belgium (1940)
The Netherlands (aka Holland) - 1940
Luxembourg (1940)
France (1940)
The Channel Islands (UK depencencies) - 1940
Greece (1941)
Yugoslavia (Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Bosnia) - 1941.
Soviet Union (Russia - part only, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) -1941
Egypt (- part only) 1942
Linky here

That's not counting all the wealth stolen from the visiting or permanent residents of their numerous and notorious country clubs, I mean Camps
edit on 23-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Most of their industrial, cultural and infrastructure was gutted by the end of the war.

That photo is prophetic.

When I look at it, I see the White House....

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Most of their industrial, cultural and infrastructure was gutted by the end of the war.

That photo is prophetic.

When I look at it, I see the White House....

HHHAHA ...That was the most hilarious sarcasm

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join