It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Third and Final Presidential Debate Thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

A lot of people think the image is tainted and disrespected under Obama.

He "Lectures" policies and people in general are insulted. The general public has lost faith in the "Educated" sounding rhetoric.

This is the same rhetoric that I hear from the NeoCons and talking heads on FoxNews. For every person that thinks the way you described, there are just as many people that believe the opposite.

While that may be how you and some other people think, it is disingenuous to paint the American voters with such a broad brush.

So I would be grateful if you would not try to talk on behalf of the "general public" or myself. Because you happen to be wrong.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Truthfully, I'll just be glad when it's all over....

It doesn't matter who wins, neither are awesome and wonderful. We're in for a rough four years regardless of the outcome :/

This may very well be the one point, politically, we totally agree on Chiten....

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I am here... hoped for more than the topic layout.. but it is what it is..

here's the proposed format...

1) America’s role in the world

2) Afghanistan and Pakistan

3) Red Lines – Israel and Iran

4) The changing Middle East and the new face of terrorism — Part 1

5) The changing Middle East and the new face of terrorism — Part 2

6) The rise of China and tomorrow’s world

Some things missing depending on your position.. but hopefully, this moderator will maintain control enough to get to the meat of some global concerns...

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

edit on 22-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

edit on 10/22/2012 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I expect the Potus to tell our largest foreign creditor to go take a hike, going off crying to the WTO is the eptiomy of running to a teacher cause some boy pulled a girls hair.

So in other words you are all for telling people to be responsible for their debts when it is the American consumer trying to get out from under their debt, while at the same time advocating that the American Government doesn't. Going through the WTO is in fact the legal procedure, an agreement we willingly joined. If you want to make an argument for pulling out of it fine, I would even agree with you about it. But as it stands it is clear neither candidate has any will to do that. Until then it is incumbent upon us to play by the rules we in fact helped establish.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
For those who would like to know a bit more about Bob Schieffer our Moderator tonight. Here is some background data...

Bob Schieffer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
J
Bob Schieffer

Face the Nation moderator
(1991–present)
CBS Evening News 2005–2006
60 Minutes 1973–1996
Title Chief Washington Correspondent; Anchor, Face the Nation

CBS News Bio

Bob Lloyd Schieffer (/ˈʃiːfər/; born February 25, 1937) is an American television journalist who has been with CBS News since 1969, serving 23 years as anchor on the Saturday edition of CBS Evening News from 1973 to 1996; chief Washington correspondent since 1982, moderator of the Sunday public affairs show Face the Nation since 1991, and, between March 2005 and August 31, 2006, interim weekday anchor of the CBS Evening News. As of 2011, he is one of the primary substitutes for Scott Pelley.

Schieffer is one of the few journalists to have covered all four of the major Washington national assignments: the White House, the Pentagon, United States Department of State, and United States Congress. His career with CBS has almost exclusively dealt with national politics.

He makes Candy look like a pussy cat....

On October 13, 2004, he was the moderator of the third presidential debate between President George W. Bush and Senator John Kerry in Tempe, Arizona. On October 15, 2008, Schieffer moderated the third presidential debate between Senator Barack Obama and Senator John McCain. Schieffer is scheduled to again moderate the third debate of the presidential candidates in 2012, between President Obama and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, on October 22 in Boca Raton, Florida.

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The fact is a dead Us Ambassador and 3 other Americans in Benghazi shows the image of the Us has not improved none what so ever.

That attack only proves that Al Quieda doesn't like us. Right?

It was a terrorist attack, not an uprising of regular people that hate the US......Right?

The is the same rhetoric I always hear by those who throw around the neocon label so often around here they have yet to ever to get it right.

Naa, I got it right. The definition of the term doesn't change whether Obama is included or not.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks Jack...I did do a crappy job on the layout...Mea Culpa, I spank myself soundly.....

Fill in all the pertinent parts I missed, you do a great job on that, I don't. This is why I hardly ever start a thread.

Des

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I'll enjoy reading the debates that happen right here in this thread.

That in itself will be very entertaining.....

Just switch from live streaming to reading the latest comments here.

Oh damn, Monday night football. Hmmm, use the TV for that.

That's called "multi-tasking"....

link   

link   

No worries.. It's started now...

Let's concentrate on the debate

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Let's get ready to rumble!!! It's like watching the WWE. Scripted arguments and cheap tactics. Like watching Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan. Wooooooooo!!!!!!

link   
Romney with the same old drivel about the Middle East. Nothing specific.

link   

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Obama says Al-Quida's core leadership has been decimated.

Who really believes that ?

He is Lecturing again too.

He just repeating.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join