It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown, Apocalypse (aka the end of the world...well, for one man anyway)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

What if the entire world as we know it was going to come to terrifying end - for just one man?

www.channel4.com...

26th October on channel 4 the end of the world will become a reality for one man. I'm sure many of you here will be extremely interested in how Derren manipulates this latest stunt.

As we approach the date of doom, 21/12/12, as some believe, this show couldn't happen at a better time. The popularity of global doom and gloom and the end of all that we love, hate and know could not be any more of a top topic at this time.

For those who have no idea who Derren is,

Derren Brown (born 27 February 1971)[2] is an English illusionist, mentalist, hypnotist, painter, writer, and sceptic. He is known for his appearances in television specials, stage productions, and British television series such as Trick of the Mind and Trick or Treat. Since the first broadcast of his show Derren Brown: Mind Control in 2000, Brown has become increasingly well known for his "mind-reading" act. He has written books for magicians as well as the general public. His caricature artwork has received gallery exhibition and is available in a single volume documenting his portrait collection.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am going to be watching this latest trick of his.. not just for the joy of watching everything collapse, but to see the reaction of the one individual that this will be affecting, to see the staged sets of destruction we are all so familiar with in many a movie.

I'm sure this is a 'must watch'..
Set your alarms, get your recorders tuned in...the end of the world is coming..

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I love his stunts, pretty much all of them he's a really clever guy!

My favourite past shows using hypnosis:

1) He tricks a women into thinking she's just died in a car accident and is left walking around the scene of what appears to be her body on the floor, ambulances turn up and everything! (Think she needed some kind of therapy after the show...pretty cruel stunt!)

2) He tricks some guy who's mad into his video games that he's actually in a real-life zombie game in some derelict office setting and to see someone's reaction and believing everything they see is real is quite chilling to sit and watch through.

3) He programs a man to have the courage to take over a plane flight which he believes is on the verge of crashing. He actually believes he lands the plane safely until he steps out of a simulator and Derren and a large crowd are cheering him on!

I'm sure this one could be one of the most epic yet!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
He also tested out the MK Ultra stories that people were hypnotised to kill, experts said it wouldnt work.

But he took a guy, and at the end of the show the guy under hypnosis takes a gun and shoots (with blanks) a man. So Brown proved MK Ultra theories are definately possible.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

i believe this was for real too, here's how i think most people will view it,

they will just convince themselves it's all an act, and because of this they will dismiss it and never explore what the other outcomes are that this type of manipulation could be used for or already has/is being used for

or people will believe its real and see the outcome of the guy who was hypnotised and what a positive effect it had on him and then people would begin to consider that it could be used for so much good, not realising at the same time it could be used to terrify people and make them think they have gone crazy

scary stuff

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
What would have been hilarious is if he tryed to go on a killing spree or something

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I enjoyed this show, but it was wrong to make a man come to terms with his own mortality.
He had accepted he was going to die pretty soon at the end.

The Truman Show was a very enjoyable film but the ideas in it are very immoral and it looks like this is the way TV may go, I believe this is the next step in reality TV and will spiral off in many directions, but it is ethically WRONG.

I wouldn't have been surprised if at the end he tried to kill her then himself.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I enjoyed this show, but it was wrong to make a man come to terms with his own mortality.
He had accepted he was going to die pretty soon at the end.

The Truman Show was a very enjoyable film but the ideas in it are very immoral and it looks like this is the way TV may go, I believe this is the next step in reality TV and will spiral off in many directions, but it is ethically WRONG.

I wouldn't have been surprised if at the end he tried to kill her then himself.

I understand what you're saying, but it varies from person to person.
There are those who will submit rather easily, then there are those who will do anything and everything in order to survive and progress.

IMO, programmes and films like these are food for the masses, with a twist.. the twist being a wake up call.
I wonder just how many sat there asking themselves what they would do in such a situation.. then there will be those who sit there and say they'd die if the TV were to ever stop broadcasting.. Some just cannot live without todays gadgets and would be lost without them, but may surprise themselves should such events really happen.

We may be too soft these days.. too accustomed to our creature comforts.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Maybe im giving him too much credit but whatever derren wanted to happen was going to happen in my opinion. If he wanted him to kill himself and leona he could've made it happen

top topics

join