It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Students Arrested in Bullying Investigation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This Anti-bullying crap is going too far.

When are kids going to learn how to stand up for themsleves? What are they going to do when they are out in the "real world" and someone starts in on them?. Call their mommies?

Kids need to learn how to stand up for themsleves. That's what I was taught. I was picked on (they call it "bullying" now). I finally got so sick of it I snapped and decked the guy and we got into a big fight. The coach had to separate us. They put me me into a differnt PE class. I was NEVER picked on again. Ever. At the very least, the kids who liked to do the bullying knew that they, at least for a moment, would pay with a punch to the face. In the case of my fight, it was a track cleat to the face. That's what I hit him with.

We're raising a nation of pussies who won't defend themselves. No wonder we let the government push us around. We're busy looking for our mommies to save us.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Your example?

Completely stupid.

A mighty fine example of what bullying is all about. How is it okay to make a remark like this to a person who took the time to reply to your thread, whether or not you liked what they had to say?

Incredible!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
This Anti-bullying crap is going too far.

When are kids going to learn how to stand up for themsleves? What are they going to do when they are out in the "real world" and someone starts in on them?. Call their mommies?

Most normal people would have learned to walk away from people who start in on them. Honestly, why would anybody want to waste their time giving a person who starts in on them the time of day?

Kids need to learn how to stand up for themsleves. That's what I was taught. I was picked on (they call it "bullying" now). I finally got so sick of it I snapped and decked the guy and we got into a big fight.

Yep, you said it right there...you snapped. No child should have to endure to the point of having to snap at school. What the hell was wrong with the coach that he let it get that far?

The coach had to separate us. They put me me into a differnt PE class. I was NEVER picked on again. Ever. At the very least, the kids who liked to do the bullying knew that they, at least for a moment, would pay with a punch to the face. In the case of my fight, it was a track cleat to the face. That's what I hit him with.

Considering that you snapped, they probably thought you were nuts, rather than having respect for you.

We're raising a nation of pussies who won't defend themselves. No wonder we let the government push us around. We're busy looking for our mommies to save us.

Really, are you serious? America is considered the bully of the world, ya know!
edit on 19-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

He was extremely shy, and well, I would never tell him this to his face....a geek. The kid never liked to wear blue jeans, and had an unusual style. He really didn't care what other people thought of him, and would tell them so. He wasn't very worried about fitting in with what the other kids considered as the norm, which to me, means he had very high self esteem. He was just never a people person. He is a twin by the way. His brother being the complete opposite. The other twin was Mr. Popularity, and had, I kid you not an "I Love Greg," fan club in High School with the female student body. Perhaps he was picked on because he was so opposite of his popular brother. Who's to say, but he was also about half the size of his brother.

Your story changed quite a bit from "he was picked on cause he was small".

Not everyone is going to be a people person, but communication has to be learned by everyone, or else they suffer their fate.

And I'm also curious if the popular brother had anything to do with the other's misfortune. What was the sibling rivalry like?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Your example?

Completely stupid.

A mighty fine example of what bullying is all about. How is it okay to make a remark like this to a person who took the time to reply to your thread, whether or not you liked what they had to say?

Incredible!

That's not bullying. Saying that bullies are destined to become criminals is ignorant and has no basis on reality.

In other words, that's a stupid argument. I didn't call the poster stupid, I called their example stupid.

Stupidity, a lack of intelligence

An example, argument, that lacks intelligence.

What do you say to painting a brush to a group of people calling them all future criminals? That's okay though right?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't miss school

kids are cruel

it's sad that it comes down to this, but teachers can only do so much. if it was adult behaviour, it would be called asault and battery

just because they are young is no excuse. they know what they do is wrong, actually that is probably one of the biggest reasons they do it

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

He was extremely shy, and well, I would never tell him this to his face....a geek. The kid never liked to wear blue jeans, and had an unusual style. He really didn't care what other people thought of him, and would tell them so. He wasn't very worried about fitting in with what the other kids considered as the norm, which to me, means he had very high self esteem. He was just never a people person. He is a twin by the way. His brother being the complete opposite. The other twin was Mr. Popularity, and had, I kid you not an "I Love Greg," fan club in High School with the female student body. Perhaps he was picked on because he was so opposite of his popular brother. Who's to say, but he was also about half the size of his brother.

Your story changed quite a bit from "he was picked on cause he was small".

Not really. He was small enough to be, as I said, stuffed in to lockers on a daily basis. I kid you not, he was LOCKED in them for sometimes several hours of the day, until somebody would come along and get the janitor to unlock the locker.

Not everyone is going to be a people person, but communication has to be learned by everyone, or else they suffer their fate.

Sorry? He didn't have to communicate with anybody if he didn't want to. He has excellent communication skills by the way. He is the kind of person who says something only when it's needed, not just because it's expected of him. He minds his own business.

And I'm also curious if the popular brother had anything to do with the other's misfortune. What was the sibling rivalry like?

They never had classes together in Jr., or Sr. High School. Outside of walking back and forth to the bus, they didn't see each other during the day. At home they got along great and they always shared a room. The only fighting was normal stuff about things like who's turn it was to take the garbage out, etc.....They each had very different hobbies, so no real competition outside of hiding the remote control for the television from each other!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Y is this bullying that happens on school yards making news....? Theirs more serious things to worry about than young kids who cant stick up for themselves..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That's not bullying. Saying that bullies are destined to become criminals is ignorant and has no basis on reality.

In other words, that's a stupid argument. I didn't call the poster stupid, I called their example stupid.

Stupidity, a lack of intelligence

An example, argument, that lacks intelligence.

What do you say to painting a brush to a group of people calling them all future criminals? That's okay though right?

Well, what does your definition say? It says lack of intelligence. Now, I think I am done here, because if you meant stupid in the correct form here, you would have told the person that their post was stupid, and not have worded it as you did.

As for his comment about bullies becoming future criminals? I think it depends on where he went to school. Say if it was an inner city Detroit or Chicago public school, then.....perhaps. Why didn't you ask him for more detail, because the answer might surprise you. I'm not a mind reader, but that person might have had a reason for that comment based on their own personal experiences. It was a generalization, and not pointed towards a particular person.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

How is it stupid? You know almost nothing of my personal experience so you have no room to judge. You say a few honor roll students became criminals. However, all of the bullies I knew became or already were criminals.

So your rebuttal is virtually baseless.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

It was a generalization, and not pointed towards a particular person.

It was a argument based on a stereotype or prejudicial view. It's a dumb argument. I make them sometimes too. It's not that big of a deal, nor was I calling the poster stupid. Move on...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by boncho

How is it stupid? You know almost nothing of my personal experience so you have no room to judge. You say a few honor roll students became criminals. However, all of the bullies I knew became or already were criminals.

So your rebuttal sucks.

I was pointing out the fallacy in your logic. So tell us, did only the bullies in school become criminals? Criminality explicitly reserved for only those who participated in bullying? Or did others as well.

In any case, your anecdotal argument doesn't fit in with reality, because many people become criminals, which I can provide evidence supporting. You have a biased towards bullies, and you believe they will all become criminals. It's a very flawed argument.

Remember another poster already stated that their child was 'only picked on because they were small' which eventually turned into many other factors in a subsequent post.

Simply stating, 'every bully became a criminal in my school' is another one of those statements. What about all the kids that were bullies but you didn't know them, or know of their bullying. What about the ones that weren't bullies that became bullies? etc, etc...

edit on 19-10-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I understand what your saying and its ok that you called my post stupid. See, now that was criticism. Anyways, I think we are talking about entirely different things. I am more talking about the bullies that tried to intimidate or incite violence on people for being different, or because they were threatened by the other person.

I welcome criticism and find it an important and necessary part of life. However, its also important to know the difference between the two.

Also, what do I have to gain by being so angered by bullying? Especially since I myself was never bullied. I mean never, I was very much liked by everyone I hung out with at school.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Are you really gonna attack the language I happened to use? Did I say all bullies in existence? No, I meant the bullies that I knew in school became criminals. Of course others who weren't open bullies became criminals. You knew what I was trying to say, dont play stupid.

Also, can we keep this civil? You are starting to sound a little mean. Seriously though, I dont like having people on my bad side, especially you Boncho. I usually look forward to your posts as they are always rather insightful.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Remember another poster already stated that their child was 'only picked on because they were small' which eventually turned into many other factors in a subsequent post.

Excuse me, but why don't you just call me a liar? That is not the case at all. You asked if there was any other reason I thought he might have been picked on in your attempt to turn the tables and lay blame on him for his being bullied. I gave you other reasons why I thought he might have been, but obviously, based on his size alone, he was easy to cram into a locker. I asked him many times why he thought it was happening to him, and he couldn't fathom why either, other than he was different, and small. Even his own brother, the popular guy never had an answer for why it was being done.

Honest to God, you are being very smug and rude. Perhaps you need to back away from the keyboard man...and it's not just in this thread you are doing it!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

I understand what your saying and its ok that you called my post stupid. See, now that was criticism. Anyways, I think we are talking about entirely different things. I am more talking about the bullies that tried to intimidate or incite violence on people for being different, or because they were threatened by the other person.

I welcome criticism and find it an important and necessary part of life. However, its also important to know the difference between the two.

Also, what do I have to gain by being so angered by bullying? Especially since I myself was never bullied. I mean never, I was very much liked by everyone I hung out with at school.

I agree with everything in this post. I found the one I was responding to was ambiguous at best, and stereotyping at worst.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Excuse me, but why don't you just call me a liar? That is not the case at all. You asked if there was any other reason I thought he might have been picked on in your attempt to turn the tables and lay blame on him for his being bullied. I gave you other reasons why I thought he might have been, but obviously, based on his size alone, he was easy to cram into a locker. I asked him many times why he thought it was happening to him, and he couldn't fathom why either, other than he was different, and small. Even his own brother, the popular guy never had an answer for why it was being done.

Why didn't his twin brother get stuffed into a locker? Or any other kids that are small, are they all crammed into lockers?

Does being small automatically ensure you will be a victim of bullying?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

Are you really gonna attack the language I happened to use? Did I say all bullies in existence? No, I meant the bullies that I knew in school became criminals. Of course others who weren't open bullies became criminals. You knew what I was trying to say, dont play stupid.

Also, can we keep this civil? You are starting to sound a little mean. Seriously though, I dont like having people on my bad side, especially you Boncho. I usually look forward to your posts as they are always rather insightful.

I do expect to keep it civil, I apologize if my words have come off otherwise. I think the post I responded to came off implying something, if you were not implying that all bullies will be criminals than it is my error for assuming you meant that.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ya, that was my bad. I get a little lazy with my wording sometimes. I forget that I have not told the full story. You would really have to have been there. I went to an alternative school so many of the kids there were just plain nasty, and I am sure most of them performed a criminal act at some point.

I live in Portland so almost everyone there smoked marijuana and that would be considered criminal, though I dont see it that way.

Edit: Is just mentioning marijuana against the T&C's? If so, then it would be rather hard to discuss conspiracies dealing with such things wouldnt it? Seems counter-productive if one is trying to "Deny Ignorance"

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Why didn't his twin brother get stuffed into a locker? Or any other kids that are small, are they all crammed into lockers?

Can you READ? Because you are repeating questions now. As I said, he was about half the size of his twin brother. He was not always in the best of health, obviously for his size. He weighed about 60 lbs when he was a freshman. Now you know, it is easy to be picked on when you are different for any reason...His brother, meanwhile was normal size. Gee, as for the other kids, why don't you make it a point to survey a school about it? Make it a point to attend a PTA meeting and get all the parents and their children to fill out a questionaires because I can't answer for them..

Does being small automatically ensure you will be a victim of bullying?

Now, that was a stupid question.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join