It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Sister, The Conservative Christian

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It is definitely hard to break out from conservative culture once you are in it, it is something about the way that it's structured. I went to a liberal arts college for five years, came back to live with my parents and am finding myself having conservative thoughts again...

So I'm moving.

Oh, if you want to change her, just forget about judging her, accept her for who she is and hang out with her. It should be rather easy if you try it that way.

Since I've lived in both cultures, I would have to say that the judging part gets in the way the most - conservatives and liberals fear each other because they think that one side or the other is going to decimate their way of life.

The solution to this, I think, is to embrace the other culture - they are polarized at the moment, so if the fear of becoming conservative through interacting with her can be overcome, there is a lot of opportunity for positive energy flow between you two.

I was dating a religious girl for a while and she seemed to really like me when I was more liberal - I think girls especially want to have a chance to be more open-minded, but guys too, like me, but it is hard when you have people like your parents in an authoritative position.
edit on 23-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

If I'm to communicate with her about her beliefs, I'm fairly certain it would be similar to speaking Chinese in Russia.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join