It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts, Time Lapse??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was watching some TV show from the UK I downloaded called Ghost Hunters.

Anyway.. It got me to thinking, That we actually have many reasons for ghosts, but I started thinking about this one guy who was talking about seeing roman legion men walking from one wall thru another. During this he noted a point in seeing this whole thing he noted that when the ground was higher than the original sidewalk or road or whatever, He wasnt able to see thier feet. Now when it got level to this road or whatever he was able to see thier feet.

I am thinking these people we see, that we think are dead, and or whatever... Maybe its some type of Time Lapse..

Think about it, we see people from years and yeard and years ago, yet we dont really see many cases where people are recently killed or died and seeing them...

Only older periods of time, like the story above, or gettysburgh or down south where alot of cases of slaves and such huant the areas down there in New Orleans..

Anyway I am wondering what you guys think ghosts are, or are not and tell us here.. I think it would be very interesting to see what people think.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
yea well i heard when things are trapped inside a warphole or warpgate when it closes....you can still see the things but you cannot interact with these objects....sort of like ghosts

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure what they are...but I know they exist! I was brought up in a very active home where not only all of us in the family saw them and their high jinks, but friends, and people who attended the parties my parents had, saw them too. I have had something with me all my life that helps me and I wonder sometime how I would managed some things in my childhood without it. There is a theory that when a person passes over that had a very strong personality....that a type of "recording" in imprinted in that spot....add that strong personality with an untimely death, or a violent or sad death...and it imprints...people that are sensitive to such things can see that recording....the only problem with that theory is that it doesn't account for people who communicate with the dead, or those that help us, as I have with me, or those that are told of a disaster, such as don't get on that plane, something of that nature......

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   

There is a theory that when a person passes over that had a very strong personality....that a type of "recording" in imprinted in that spot....add that strong personality with an untimely death, or a violent or sad death...and it imprints

I think that this theory may be true it makes sense leaving a strong imprint in space-time possibly due to powerful emotion.

However that would not explain visions of people randomly walking around....

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeyC

There is a theory that when a person passes over that had a very strong personality....that a type of "recording" in imprinted in that spot....add that strong personality with an untimely death, or a violent or sad death...and it imprints

I think that this theory may be true it makes sense leaving a strong imprint in space-time possibly due to powerful emotion.

However that would not explain visions of people randomly walking around....

I think that is how the time lapse may come in.
Like that roman story above i stated.. the guy was there fixing plumbing or something and he seen this.. he seen about 20 people dressed up in old roman gear, say a horse, and alot of axiliery troops, I believe this might be a time lapse..

Why:
1) the guy was on there a few hrs
2) he didnt have no connection to the house for this type of thing to happen
3) He didnt know anyone who lived there on a personal level...

I think this was just like a VCR playing a favorite hit from the past... ala Time Lapse.

I cant exsplain it better, its just a thought I came up with...

And LadyV about your statement,
"people talking to and or helping ghosts."

are we talking on a real level or astral level???

I believe people who are stuck in the astal repeating thier last few monutes, hrs of thier death and Us as AP'ers can help them, But i do not think we can directly interact with them as is???

Altho I am not possitive on that.. I am just trying to learn about this ghost thing like everyone else..

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think people often confuse various separate phenomenon, and lump them all as a "ghost"...

As far as I can tell..we've got the following....

1. Phantasm - often called a haunting. This is a repeated scene or image of someone, usually in period clothing, going about their daily lives and not seeming to notice the viewer. This is often believed to be a "rip" in time of a sorts, and this image is not an actual entity..but just that, a phantasm. (such as the Roman example above) Sometimes, sound is also a component of this, but not often...

2. Ghost - this is an actual entity. Most do not take a visual form other than shadowy, but there are exceptions, especially in the cases of stronger entities. Usually this is more sound related, and cold spots, etc. are found. Such entities would respond to the viewer, and sometimes (though not often) be able to even manipulate objects, etc. Often, there is no history of the entity, as it came in through the "rip" of the cold spot, but some are linked to places, as are phantasms above.

3. Poltergeists - More common than the above...this is actually telekinetic activity being manifested by a young person in the house (occassionally older, especially if mentally ill, but rare). The adolescent is unconsciously projecting psychic energy, and moving objects around when particularly emotional...

new topics

top topics

join