It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook 'friends' are lame!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
So I usually don't get political or preachy on FB. I will on occasion post things to try to get people to think. Like, a video, a quote, or just something "on my mind". I always hold out hope that one of my 300 friends' light bulb will turn on, and they will 'like' or comment, but no. I get the same 4 or 5 people, who I already know, know what the hell I'm talking about, 'liking' and commenting.

BUT If I put up some stupid mindless dibble... It gets like 25 likes and a huge list of comments???? REALLY You people 'like' "Yabba Dabba Do" ??? COME ON (I didn't really post yabba dabba do on my fb, its just a hypothetical)

Today I posted this:
You've seen those neat little tricks here on the internet? Like the one with the3 lines that are all the same size, but your perception of them is skewed by other things‘ and it makes them appear to be different lengths? It’s simple to trick the eye, and other senses. Our abstract senses are also easily tricked, such as: Our sense of security, Feelings of love, trust, beliefs, wants and desires, other emotions….
Our human brain spends so much time on auto-pilot that sometimes we don’t “see” the things for what they are.

Critical thinking. Think twice or even 3 times about what it is you want, need, and believe when you're absorbing your daily dose advertisement and news. Their purpose is to make money and/or push an agenda, and they don’t care about you or your family. Ask questions.

I bet I get nothing!! Tomorrow I will think of some off the wall stupid statement to make or a picture of a kitten or something and see if that inspires anyone....pfft

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Ive been in social media and networking for about 12 years, i find its taking too much of my time.. .and what is it giving me in return?? nothing... I have a feeling i will be deleting all social networking in the near future. ATS? i will continue to monitor this site..

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

I agree, it is a waste of time, just like television. BUT Sometimes I need to waste a little time, blow off steam, and not think about everything. It's not a problem for me in small doses. To each his own!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

small doses is the key to everything here on earth, in moderation! But im soo tired of hear all the drama and bs that everyone has to say, The way i see it, the more people, the more problems, same goes for networking on social sites, more friends you have the more drama, i got about 100 friends on my fb, about 15 of those are family... i may just drop my friends to that number today

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Yep, same with me. I have tried time and time again to invoke a response from my mainstream friends with articles about current affairs, atrocities, political idiocy etc but no-one, out of 460 people has anything to say, not even a like or an insult, nothing!

I'm surrounded by zombies. Yet I post some gibberish and suddenly everyone shows up!

I feel your pain dude, it's frustrating.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have been Facebooking for years and it got to the stage yesterday that has been coming for a long time and took a lot of balls and courage!!

...I Deleted my Account!!

I have around 400 friends on it and i spent waaaaaay to much time on it....

past friends and social circles from school etc....

we dont actually talk on the phone or in person .... just the general likes etc....

but its always for the same old stupid messages posted.... likes here... likes there

post something about todays current issues in the news, technology, or some other important topiced theme or something like lets go for some drinks ... go climbing.... anything that friends do.... one, two , or a few replies

always the same people i actually speak with outside facebook , but never the old timers i've known for many many years.

But when i post something stupid like an image or video thats way stupid and childish... for example i shaved my hair to a number 4... but for the finishing touch i forgot to put the blade cover back on and it was bald in one patch and i get untold amounts of likes and comments

They are now all that seems are digital online friends living in a comedy driven world.... nothing more nothing less

it upsets me to think i class them as friends....

they arent real friends, and never will be again.... they're just somebody that i used to know

thats lame , and pointless.... i have better things to focus on and do in my life....

Delete Account ???? Yes godamn please
Its time to live in the real world!!

edit on 18-10-2012 by the2010apprentice because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I feel your pain dude, it's frustrating.
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Thanks

It's been an hour since I posted it, and It has 1 like, from my bff lol!! UGH I hope she read it, cause she needs to open her damn eyes to....almost 40 years old fallen in and out of love every damn year...thats another story

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
People don´t have reality anymore, no real friends they could spend their time with and grow in good balance , i also had a facebook account ( basicly for playing game tho ) when i stopped playing in facebook i deleted my account. I didn´t find anything worthy for me being there, feed was so boring and meaningless. Some of my relatives phoned me why i said its nice to hear your voice

I do still use twitter, mostly for the news tips and what´s happening in realtime.

Do we really need facebook?
edit on 18-10-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Oh the woes of being a facebook addict.

I cannot understand at all.. lol..

It's good if you have to 'like' something to get a discount from some store, I guess.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You know I am going to HAVE to post yabba dabba doo on my FB now just to see what happens.

Maybe alot of your 300 friends are like me, I only use FB for amusement. I only accept people as my friend if they have a sense of humor and can make me laugh. I really don't see the point of being all serious on social media. If I want to have a serious discussion about something I do it in person or on the phone.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

That's what I figure. Don't get me wrong, about 90% of my fb page is in good fun, but a little seriousness never killed anyone...that I know of??

BTW I like fb. I do not like talking on the phone. I DO like making plans with my friends and family and we DO do things together and/or hang out. Most of these weekly plans are organized via FB.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by the2010apprentice

Did you close it or actually go through and delete all posts and pics.

I would go in phases and close it off and on. All the pics and posts are still there unless you do a million clicks to delete everything.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I always liked original thoughts over all the quoted crap people put up.
Then they veered away from quoting to putting the strange thoughts people have on those odd looking Ecard things.
Some are funny but most of the ones I see seem to reflect a demented mind culture.
The ones that portray all moms as drinkers as soon as the kids are in bed.
Just stupid crap.
I post at a minimum about myself, but I put up info about fluoride, GMO, and current events. I get the same reaction you get. Likes for something stupid, like a pic. Anything with substance ignored.
People are idiots.....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine

That's what I figure. Don't get me wrong, about 90% of my fb page is in good fun, but a little seriousness never killed anyone...that I know of??

BTW I like fb. I do not like talking on the phone. I DO like making plans with my friends and family and we DO do things together and/or hang out. Most of these weekly plans are organized via FB.

Yabba Dabba Doo got one reply and a like from my cousin........thats it.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

LMAO okay okay...I'll post it too and see what I get.

BTW In 6 hours my op on fb got 2 likes, 0 comments.

HERE WE GO, these people are gonna think I'm a loon....lol...yabba dabba doo

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I am totally posting yabadabadoo on my FB. I will update as and when I have some feedback.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Okay hehehe

My Yabbadabbado got 4 likes and 4 comments...one of which is of course "Scooby Dooby Dooo!"

Not excatly drasticly different results from the more serious post, but I still stand behind my OP!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
All I ever do on Facebook is post the most random or shocking things I can think of, off the top of my head, anyway. Whenever somebody actually "likes" anything I've posted - it kind of creeps me out.

I get all "What the Hell did I say that was agreeable???"

That probably explains why even the fake pretty women from Russia who are actually guys from Ohio disappear from my friends list after a week or two.

Being crazy is it's own spam protection.

~Heff
edit on 10/19/12 by Hefficide because: abusing the word actually - again. FFS I don't even say it unless I'm typing. I'm a type based Val?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

dont you think that fb post was a bit condescending?
people dont go onto facebook wanting to learn thing's.

although, everyday i learn how far one of my friends has run using a nike gps thingy.
i havent spoke to him for yrs, but it's good to know how far he run's.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I go everywhere to learn. I can see how it may be interpreted as condescending, but that wasn't my intention. I am still learning about EVERYTHING, and want to share. Also even knowing myself how people are trained to manipulate me, I still like to be reminded... I don't post long things like that often. I'm more of a one liner.

Her shoes have a pedometer in them? That's cool, not that I'll ever own a pair, but still cool! I need one of those, I bet I walk 6 or 7 miles at work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join