It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and the Pentagon's 'Defense Intelligence Agency'.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Mostly withheld due to national security concerns, the documents talk about many UFO sightings and events from many different countries.

This sentence says it ALLLL. IF it were NOTHING, it would NOT be a "SECURITY CONCERN"! And that's the bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UFO's can be national security concerns without being extraterrestrial.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Mostly withheld due to national security concerns, the documents talk about many UFO sightings and events from many different countries.

This sentence says it ALLLL. IF it were NOTHING, it would NOT be a "SECURITY CONCERN"! And that's the bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UFO's can be national security concerns without being extraterrestrial.

Exactly. The interesting thing about these documents (and others) is not that they necessarily imply that UFOs have anything to do with extraterrestrial intelligence. That is a completely separate question. The interesting thing is that they demonstrate that UFOs are recognized by parts of the U.S. government as a national security concern, this despite consistent and repeated public denials of this fact by that very same government - more specifically by the United States Air Force.

What is amazing to me is that nobody has questioned them about this discrepancy in a serious, public way since these documents came out three decades ago. I would be very interested to hear their answer.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

What is amazing to me is that nobody has questioned them about this discrepancy in a serious, public way since these documents came out three decades ago. I would be very interested to hear their answer.

If you were the president of the US, you would probably only get the run-around.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well UFOs if they exist,

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesThomas

If you were the president of the US, you would probably only get the run-around.

No doubt. I would like to see a "reputable" mainstream news show - something like a 60 Minutes - air a segment presenting the Air Force's official line on UFOs alongside the U.S. government documents that clearly contradict that position. The Air Force would be put into a position in which it would have to either respond to questions about this situation in a national media forum or refuse to respond. Either outcome would be a win for people who follow the topic.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect
reply to post by The Shrike

There is a small secret section of the military, let's call it the Water Closet, that works hand in hand with the aliens on a daily basis. They know exactly what is going on and have known for years. And they keep an eye on their comings and goings.

The only question now is how many alien species they are working with [only Grays?] and how many have actually been here [57?].

You are free to believe any fantasy you so desire.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

This is excellent, thank you a Ton for this learning experience.

Exactly why I came to this website was to read up on interesting threads like this!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was just reading through some of the documents and came across something rather disturbing.

It said :

"UNUSUAL DISCIPLINARY MEASURE [BLACK BAR] OVERHEARD TWO SOVIET MICHMANI DISCUSSING A SPECIFIC SAILOR WHO WAS A DISCIPLINE PROBLEM. FROM IDIOMS USED AND THE TONE OF THE CONVERSATION, THE MICHMANI INFERRED THAT THE TROUBLESOME SAILOR WOULD BE SODOMIZED AS A PUNISHMENT. THE SOVIET TERM USED WAS TO CLEAN HIS WHISTLE. THE ADMINISTRATION OF SAID PUNISHMENT APPEARED TO BE A COLLATERAL DUTY OF ONE PARTICULAR MICHMAN. THE TONE OF THE DISCUSSION SUGGESTED THAT, AT LEAST TO MICHMANI INVOLVED, WAS AN ACCEPTED DISCIPLINE TOOL."

What the heck is wrong with those soviets. I found this particularly disgusting and strange. I knew sailors were a little friendly, but really?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by karl 12

What does it matter if there is or are govenment agencies that process UFO information? All that they are processing are the boring reports that we are all familiar with regardless of who submits them; you, me, pilots, cops, priests, children, whatever and whomever. Nothing new is being learned as no one has yet presented any information out of the ordinary sighting. This is all that is being sent to the DIA, CIA, IBM, IRT...

No government agency is ever going to do anything about UFOs 'cause they don't have an inkling as to what they're dealing with. It's as big a mystery to them as it is to us. It used to be that filing cabinets would be crammed full of paper records which would then be transferred in boxes to warehouses. Now we have digital "clouds" that will eventually "fall" to earth when their hard drives are overextended and no more data can be stored.

I'm glad there's someone out there who knows what the government knows and doesn't know about UFOs. Here I've been thinking all along that it is possible "they" know more than "we" do. If I may ask, how did you come upon this information about the level of knowledge the government has which they don't share openly with the rest of us?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

I assume that whatever is under the almost entire pages of black ink is what "they" know that "we" dont. Sorry I know this.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by karl 12

What does it matter if there is or are govenment agencies that process UFO information? All that they are processing are the boring reports that we are all familiar with regardless of who submits them; you, me, pilots, cops, priests, children, whatever and whomever. Nothing new is being learned as no one has yet presented any information out of the ordinary sighting. This is all that is being sent to the DIA, CIA, IBM, IRT...

No government agency is ever going to do anything about UFOs 'cause they don't have an inkling as to what they're dealing with. It's as big a mystery to them as it is to us. It used to be that filing cabinets would be crammed full of paper records which would then be transferred in boxes to warehouses. Now we have digital "clouds" that will eventually "fall" to earth when their hard drives are overextended and no more data can be stored.

I'm glad there's someone out there who knows what the government knows and doesn't know about UFOs. Here I've been thinking all along that it is possible "they" know more than "we" do. If I may ask, how did you come upon this information about the level of knowledge the government has which they don't share openly with the rest of us?

It's really not difficult. Have you ever seen any sign that shows that not only the U.S. government but any world government knows any more about UFOs than any member of this forum? Sure, there are unreleased documents but in my opinion those documents do not contain any secret knowledge. All they have are reports and some of those reports contain sensitive information but nothing that is not in the public domain.

Do you really think that if anyone had secret knowledge about UFOs and alleged aliens our daily life would not have changed by now? The military is still using weapons developed as we go along and all aerial vehicles still use old-fashioned motors, wings, etc. And the moment the engine(s) fail, they drop like a rock.

Yeah, we know about UFOs!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

i think you're missing the point a little...
it doesn't matter if ufos are extraterrestrial, or even if they exist at all;
what is relevant is that the government has been telling us that they stopped looking into all that nonsense 50 odd years ago
when clearly they didn't...... it doesn't matter what they found, they are lying to us.
when their entire purpose is to serve us.

"Don't worry about those UFO thingies! we'd tell you if there was anything to worry about! we're not even bothering to check anymore!.......... No, you can't read that report, it involves a risk to national security!"
how transparent can you be? these are the sort of lies you expect from furtive teens hiding drugs from their parents, NOT from the so-called leaders of the free world.

--
on the positive side, i don't think this is really anything we were previously unaware of..... it's just confirming suspicions. we're reaching the point where a lot of reasonable people are taking this whole thing quite seriously and there are only more of us every day. sooner or later something has to give.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It alway's makes me laugh when I hear 'Pentagon' and 'Intelligence' in the same sentence. This is the same place that apparently forgot to turn on all the camera's on 9/11 !

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

do you think they also pressure third world "most favored ally" countries to squelch U.F.O. reports?

do you think they also pressure them to hoax U.F.O. incidents as part of misdirection just like a magician?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
When the cracks eventually split open on this whole story, I certainly hope the media gets the kick in the huevos it deserves for dropping the ball.

Was it dropping the ball, or following orders just as they do about most things?
It's not news, it's propaganda.

Great thread BTW!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Appreciate the replies and I think it's pretty apparent the U.S. Government has been caught telling porkies when it claims it has 'no interest in UFOs' since the termination of Project Bluebook in 1969 - according to USAF Secretary Robert C. Seamans Jr, the reasoning behind the closure was "because further funding cannot be justified either on the grounds of national security or in the interest of science." - sounds fair enough in principal but there seems to be plenty of UFO documents (and UFO incidents) out there which completely contradict that.

For folks who haven't seen them before, below are two of the military pilot interviews from incidents as described in the DIA documents - they really do involve incredibly strange object descriptions and in both cases the pilots attempted to open fire on the UFOs..

Peruvian UFO DIA Report

"At this point, I came within about 300 feet of the UFO. It was about 30 feet in diameter. It was an enameled, cream-colored dome, with a wide, circular, metallic base. It had no engines, no exhausts, no windows, no wings or antennae. It lacked all the typical aircraft components, with no visible propulsion system."

Video Interview

Iranian UFO DIA Report

"I approached the object which was flashing with intense red, green, orange and blue lights - four other objects with different shapes separated from the main one at different times..whenever they were close to me my weapons were jammed and my radio communications were garbled."

Video Interview

Originally posted by xpoq47

And NORAD's exemption from the FOIA is based on being not exclusively a U.S. organization, as John Greenwald expained when telling how he ended up getting NORAD documents from Canada..

Absolutely my friend and you've really got to salute the persistence of John Greenewald Junior and other researchers in accessing all these declassified UFO documents through the FOIA - I realise it's been posted before on these boards but this presentation is an absolute classic and basically shows they're lying through their teeth just by citing their own documents (for people who haven't watched it the part where he nails NORAD about CIRVIS Military pilot UFO reports is around 0:15:00).

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Playing devil's advocate here but have we (the US and allies), or any other western nation, demonstrated the capability of jamming weapons and garbling communications technologically?

I know this is a subject we haven't really delved into but just wanted to know if this has been documented anywhere. Also, have we shown the ability or knowledge to (1) bend light waves and (2) stall mechanical engines, at will?

Just some of the things I see prevalent in many of these UFO cases but has been absent in human to human warfare, over time.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

unless it was a secret military craft

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Awesome thread so far, it's given me lots to read, so thank you!!

The irony is that it's probably the agency that is seemingly transparent on the surface is actually the one keeping many of the real secrets!

People talk about secret 'anon' agencies with no name etc etc and they may well exist, but it's all a game of deception and misinformation...

On the subject of Donald Keyhoe, I posted a thread about him awhile back with an awesome interview on the Mike Wallace show, it's really worth watching.

He references 1947 toward the end of clip 1 and then goes on to say that after that there was no doubt of alien existence or 'interplanetary spaceships' - (not in those exact words)

I found that little part of the clip very interesting as this was from the mid/late 50's and it was only in the mid eighties that Roswell and the date 1947 was revived and re-investigated.

Here is Part 1 of 3 - enjoy

Major Donald Keyhoe - Interview on the Mike Wallace show (1958)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Proof of a 99% chance of existence of aliens assaulting our planet:
www.nsa.gov... message from 2004 from ET it was made public in 2011

This is an interesting video www.latest-ufo-sightings.net... interview with the creator of the black vault site. If there is no such thing as UFOs or alien threats why so many classified and top secret documents on UFOs- and why are reports sent to Norad including from Canada. Yes, I believe our government knows they exist and other governments the question becomes can we defend ourselves against obvious alien threats?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join