It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spaceships in Russian fairy tales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I wonder why the West is not interested in Russian fairy tales, from the point of view of Ufology and esoterica. There are many interesting directions and information. In Russia, it was engaged Levashov, but first killed his wife and recently killed himself. I do not know who killed him.
In Russian fairy tales have amazing characters.
Kashchei Immortal was out of time. Dragon had his palace and fly freely. He was with three fire-breathing heads. Baba Yaga and now live in Russia.
I met 3 Baba Yaga on Nevsky Prospekt in St. Petersburg.
This was not known to anyone in the West. Traditionally, Baba Yaga lives in a hut on chicken legs in the forest.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by alexandrelois

You always write the strangest threads.....

How about a link for a little more info. that would be nice,,,,

Des

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

And Baba Yaga flies around in a mortar with the pestle as her rudder. She sweeps away her tracks with a birch broom. If you ask her questions, she ages.

I don't see a UFO connection with her. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that way back when- the store houses in that area of Europe looked like huts on chicken legs, and that older women were connected with passing on shamanistic/magical knowledge, and perceptions of flying, etcetera were actually linked to hallucinogens. Things are often very symbolic in fairy tales, and they've been reinterpreted over time to make positive things negative and whatnot- especially when it comes to the changing of cultural norms for women. Fairy tales were the perfect venue to pass along knowledge or to discourage older ways in lieu of accepting newer social norms.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It is not fairy tale, but I personally like Mikhail Bulgakov's The Master and Margarita where the devil comes to Moscow.

A German version of Baba Yaga is the Hansel and Gretel story.
The Golden Slipper is a variation on the Cinderella story.
The Frog Princess is a reversal of the Frog Prince with some variation.
Western culture tends to ignore Russian stories because there are so many similar stories already in the Western culture.

Here are some links to Russian Fairy Tales from wiki for those interested.

As far as UFOs and spaceships go in fairy tales of any culture, it's all up to interpretation.

Religion is a Fairy Tale, and there are some that believe many acts of miracles describes in texts like the Christian Bible, are the work of aliens.

It's all up to interpretation.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

You always write the strangest threads.....

How about a link for a little more info. that would be nice,,,,

Des

russian-crafts.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeSigh

And Baba Yaga flies around in a mortar with the pestle as her rudder. She sweeps away her tracks with a birch broom. If you ask her questions, she ages.

I don't see a UFO connection with her. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that way back when- the store houses in that area of Europe looked like huts on chicken legs, and that older women were connected with passing on shamanistic/magical knowledge, and perceptions of flying, etcetera were actually linked to hallucinogens. Things are often very symbolic in fairy tales, and they've been reinterpreted over time to make positive things negative and whatnot- especially when it comes to the changing of cultural norms for women. Fairy tales were the perfect venue to pass along knowledge or to discourage older ways in lieu of accepting newer social norms.

English just is not material.

translate.googleusercontent.com...://relax.wild-mistress.ru /wm/relax.nsf/publicall/F910C80D7E5D3B7FC32578CC00376FAC&usg=ALkJrhglbr9l9611CC2w0GdAgekS-jEUlw

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

*Fairy Tales*???
I suppose fairy tales are fantasy...don't know why you people take them as axioms...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My great grandfather on my mother's side came to the US from Russia in the late part of the 1800s. When I was a child he used to tell me many "fairy tales" as he had heard them as a small child. I wish I could remember more about them (it has been many years) but the main thing that stuck with me is that there were differences in some of the minute details of the stories. For example: In the version of Cinderella that he told me the slipper was not glass but was fur. I asked him about the difference and he told me it was due to misinterpretation. I don't remember any fairy tales involving UFOs; you can bet those kind of stories would have stuck out!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It is not so much that fairy tales involve UFOs it is more choosing to look at magical otherworldliness as extraterrestrial otherworldliness. If only things were so simple. To me there is just too much hyperbole and/or too many metaphors in mythology to go mining for any better information than can be found in more current stories of UFO encounters. It is an unfriendly loop for facts that leaves us with just an updated fairy tale.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I do not have an English translation of the video

new topics

top topics

join