It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mayan Calender/2012, explained by a Mayan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I was listening to a story from a friend about his trip to the Mayan ruins. He told me that his tour guide was a Mayan himself. He told me that he invited him out to dinner because he wanted to know what the 2012 theory was really about.

He asked the Mayan "Your calender ended in 2012, is the world really going to end?".
The Mayan simply replied "No. The world will not end. We stopped making the calender because the Spaniards came in and killed us all."

That sounds like a really logical answer to me, especially since it is stated that the Mayans disappeared. My friend then further explained to me his dinner session with the Mayan. He told me that Mayans believed that the Earth was alive. That when it gets hurt, it heals up...just like an animal. When we get a wound, it slowly heals through a process. He told me how the Mayan said that the Mayans predicted that the Earth got really hurt very long ago (Think of the meteor that killed alot of life (dinosaurs)), and that it went through a process and healed. In other words, the Earth changes over time. The Mayan also said that in December 21, 2012 they also predicted that the Earth is going to change.

Hmm, sounds very reasonable if you take note all of these weird climate changes, and the peek solar activity (due to the sun's cycle) so far.

One thing my friend never got to know was how exactly did the Calender come into creation and how did all of these predictions and astronomical knowledge come into being. What i believe and, it's also been theorized in many places like in the documentary "Ancient Aliens", is that many the Mayans had an Extraterrestrial encounter that helped them out with their creations. Sounds reasonable....all the things we learn, we are learning with technology...they didn't have the technology we had. I mean, they knew planet orbits and when events would occur.

I'm not expecting the world to end in 2012. But what i do know is that on December 21st, chaos will be global. Massive suicides and people going insane because they think the world will end on that date. Maybe the Earth got hurt, and its healing.... all these weird events are part of the healing process of the Earth.

Before any of you, me, us make any insane threads of the end of the world... why don't we go to the actual source to seek the truth...

If you want, post any of your Opinions, thoughts and ideas...and theories. This is what i heard from my friends journey when he seeked truth, and some small theories that are out there.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Mayan have writings past 2012.

However - - predicting cycles is a possibility.

edit on 13-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
now explained by me :

in 2 months the big 26000 yrs cycle will end
Age of Pisces will be over (the last cycle of 12 cycles)
then a new 26k cycle will start with the Age of Aquarius !
1 cycle is apx 2000 yrs but the Pisces cycle is the shortest one of all cycles

edit on 10/13/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo

He asked the Mayan "Your calender ended in 2012, is the world really going to end?".
The Mayan simply replied "No. The world will not end. We stopped making the calender because the Spaniards came in and killed us all."

Now if THAT'S not the ultimate definition of irony, I don't know what is.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The Mayan's didn't see their own demise, so how can we trust them to predict what is going to happen on December 21st 2012?

It seems logical that it came to an abrupt end because the Spanish wiped them out. I guess they had the last laugh, with everyone trying to decipher why the calender ends on the above date and what the ramifications will be for the human race.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
The Mayan's didn't see their own demise, so how can we trust them to predict what is going to happen on December 21st 2012?

It seems logical that it came to an abrupt end because the Spanish wiped them out. I guess they had the last laugh, with everyone trying to decipher why the calender ends on the above date and what the ramifications will be for the human race.

How in the World do you expect the Mayans to predict when a 'Civilization' will come in and kill them? Something like that is literally impossible to predict because there's no reference to use to predict when other groups of people will come in and kill you. The stars was their reference, and who knows what other kinds of reference they used to predict cycles but I know astrology, math, and god knows what else is what they were really good at using to predict the cycles.

I HATE it when people say, 'How can Mayans predict the future when they can't even predict their own demise' because it clearly shows how much of an idiot people are. We know how long it takes to go around th sun by observing which is how we came to 364 days. As a matter of fact, the Mayans predicted it closest even with all the technology we have today. Now, predicting when somebody is going to break into my house to kill me is impossible. Same goes for predicting civilizations that invades others, it can't be predicted. The Mayans got screwed, simple as that.

So please, stop using that stupid excuse.
edit on 13-10-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I understand what you are saying and to be honest it was a rather foolish thing to type.

However, no more foolish than people saying the Mayan's have predicted the end of the World right? Their calender came to an end simply because they were wiped out by the Spanish.

I appreciate they were far more knowledgeable about the universe than some people would give them credit for, but nothing is going to happen on the 21st December.

If I'm wrong, you can come back on here and castigate me!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Not being funny but when I went to Cancun and did the various tours to the old ruins, the same old story came to the surface.

That old ancient culture died a long time ago, replaced by an urge to follow a new religion. The old teachings died out long ago and the 'living Mayans' have little or no knowledge of their ancient ancestors, beyond what we in the western world know of them today.

Numerous tour guides explained how the 'uneducated' 'Mayans' were and are seen by main stream Mexico , even though they were part Mayan themselves.

'Stupid people' what was kept being brought up. Though, to the less stupid person, all that lacks is opportunity to educate themselves.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

I'm always a little wary about people putting more stock into a Mayan's opinion on the Mayan calendar than in the opinion of a non-Mayan expert.

- I have Cherokee blood. I could not tell you what life was like for us before the plague and the settlers decimated our nation.
- I have Pictish blood. I could not tell you what it must have been like to be hunted and killed by the Christians.
- I have German blood. I could not tell you what it must have been like to be a Nazi, fight a Nazi, or hide from a Nazi.

My point is my blood makes me no more of an expert than my text books do. I have learned more about the past through Tarot and ritual than I ever have through my living ancestors and their stories.

edit on 13-10-2012 by Cuervo because: gramer grammer grammar!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong but...
Its my understanding that the Myan's didn't make a "Prediction" of any kind regarding 2012 or the end of the world.

The calendar ends on 2012 because thats the end of the current age and the beginning of a new one. They probably didn't add to the calendar because it is probably complete.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
i watched a Documentary the other night about 2012 and the guy doing it went right into the descendants of the mayan people and through an interpreter asked about 21st of dec and guess what?not 1 of them knew what he was talking about.....surely the descendants would be the first to know about it?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
now explained by me :

in 2 months the big 26000 yrs cycle will end
Age of Pisces will be over (the last cycle of 12 cycles)
then a new 26k cycle will start with the Age of Aquarius !
1 cycle is apx 2000 yrs but the Pisces cycle is the shortest one of all cycles

edit on 10/13/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Pssst it ended spring 2011...when Ophiucus could be seen again...Orion's Twin...

Western Calendars date afterwards...like we are in the 21st century, but not using 2100 yet, when we are done the 21st we note it. 2012 is over...the new world has begun we are in 2013...not to say an big change isn't coming this Nov-Dec...change is inevitable...I am just the messenger, don't be angry

PS the huge Japan quake was right before...I am willing to be wrong about this, but I time will tell...keep following mainstream and see where it gets you...blind leading the blind
Want a global threat that could end life as we know it...nuclear power has to be stopped and the fallout will kill millions...it has no prejudice, rich and poor alike...Novus Ordo Seclorum or die...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Kuroodo

I'm always a little wary about people putting more stock into a Mayan's opinion on the Mayan calendar than in the opinion of a non-Mayan expert.

- I have Cherokee blood. I could not tell you what life was like for us before the plague and the settlers decimated our nation.
- I have Pictish blood. I could not tell you what it must have been like to be hunted and killed by the Christians.
- I have German blood. I could not tell you what it must have been like to be a Nazi, fight a Nazi, or hide from a Nazi.

My point is my blood makes me no more of an expert than my text books do. I have learned more about the past through Tarot and ritual than I ever have through my living ancestors and their stories.

Exactly

People really do need to realize that the past Mayans before the Spanish came in to kill them off are a lot more knowledgeable to the Mayan decendants that are living today. For all I know, what they know or don't know could be all for talk and would take what the Mayans have to say today with a grain of salt because I honestly don't believe they know the whole picture of what they are talking about.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Western Calendar is messed up, like a virus got into the program
Here's some clues to the messed up machine...rudimentary Latin...Sept is 7 not 9, Oct is 8 not 10, Dec is 10 not 12....2 months out. The ides of march is the end/beginning of a year..."Fear the Ides of March" the Sibyls would say...

the birds sing and the flowers spring in the beginning...Backwards bu//sh't

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Kuroodo

Exactly

People really do need to realize that the past Mayans before the Spanish came in to kill them off are a lot more knowledgeable to the Mayan decendants that are living today. For all I know, what they know or don't know could be all for talk and would take what the Mayans have to say today with a grain of salt because I honestly don't believe they know the whole picture of what they are talking about.

They are quite clear when they say a bearded white man from the north taught them...and he promised to return...North of what?...follow the native peoples prophecies to where they stop saying this, even Native Americans say the same...so north of them will be a good clue where the guy is from
Sounds like Santa lol...gifts are coming for the good boys and girls lol...

The blood is important though...the song in the blood...genetic memory...we already know how to fix this...
edit on 10/13/2012 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

castigate you, your real funny. It sounds like some kind of catholic priest is going to tell you off for even talking about the Mayans. Just because someone Mayan makes a passing comment about the Spanish (church and royalty not the people). I wouldn't give them so much power, sure they wanted to destroy anything that made them look inferior. But the real truth is they were unable to dismantle the ancient American legacy. 2012 I am open for a surprise!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This is gonna be a very annoying site to read after the new year. there will be loads of people saying it was a slight miscalculation but the end of the world is still coming right up after these commercials. then a few saying that was just when the end starts and will point to any terrible things in the news to prove that we are in the middle of the armageddon,winter is a great time for natural disasters so any of those will be seen as proof. it suits a lot of agendas for people to believe this stuff, politicians, churches, new age sites and shops. luckily all will give you the solution for a small donation.

hopefully there will be at least one or two people who after yet another date goes by with nothing happening will think actually perhaps i shouldn't really keep peddling doom and gloom and perhaps its usually the people that insist they have all of the answers that actually have none.

"The trouble with having an open mind of course is that people will insist on putting things in it." Terry pratchett

i can say for certain that the world will not end this year. okay mostly because i know even if i'm wrong there'll be nobody around to act smug about it :0)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So your friend asks all these questions but doesn't ask the most important question: HOW is the earth going to change?

Really...are you serious. What a wasted opportunity.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

As a matter of fact, the Mayans predicted it closest even with all the technology we have today.

No they didn't. Like every other ancient culture with a solar calendar they measured years in 365 day cycles. Every few years they had to recall rate their calendar because the months started falling outside the appropriate season.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Perhaps your friend might have asked this 'Mayan' how the Spanish killed all the Mayans two to three hundred years before they ever landed in the western hemisphere?

Most Mayan cities were long abandoned before the year 1000. The only people living in the land of the Mayas when the Spanish arrived were in small farming villages and the cities were already long covered by jungle.

Info

<<   2  3 >>

join