It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US I 44 mo. Closed down for an indefinate time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Just saw on the news where Hwy I 44 is closed due to possible power lines across the road, both east and west bound lanes they said will be closed for an indefinite time.

For some odd reason the first thing that came to mind was how there has been an increase in UFO sightings in this area recently.

It would be a trip if that was what this is about.

Any members 6 miles west of Rolla or in Doolittle mo.? That is a pretty long run to have shut down because of downed power lines.

Interstate 44 shut down in both directions at mile marker 178.4 due to downed power lines KSPR staff

9:37 p.m. CDT, October 10, 2012 A traffic heads up on Interstate 44. MO-DOT says power lines have fallen across westbound I-44 at mile marker178.4. That's about six miles west of Rolla, near the town of Doolittle.

IT may turn out to be nothing but it would still be great to know about it.

****Ah news just stated power lines have been cleared and traffic will be resuming.

edit on 10-10-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hmmm...... I'd say if we check the Rolla paper in the morning (Do they have a daily?) We might see something. Close enough to bother them would be close enough to report for that relatively little city. That is interesting... I'll have to look at Google Earth and see what's at 178.. I've been up that road enough times. lol..

Ahhh... The glorious little town of Doolittle. I knew that mile marker rang a bell. It comes between Doolittle and the Rolla rest areas. A whole bundle of lines crossing between residential areas almost on top of 178. Good catch!

(You can see the wires in Google Earth, if you wanted to look... I'll bet that backed things up awhile.
)
edit on 10-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Reminds me of the book Strangers, by Dean Koontz, when you mentioned the UFO thing.
In the book a stretch of highway and the land surrounding it are closed and evacuated due to a "toxic waste spill".
It's a very good read and is really insightful on government cover ups.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Maybe the New Madrid "big one" is coming? (is that near there)?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I live near there and would love it if some ufo knocked down some power lines.
I promise I would be the first on the scene if it were true.

Unfortunately, downed powerlines happen all of the time, all over the planet.
It is part of the price we have to pay for not spending the money to bury the god damned things the way the good lord intended.

I am going with natural causes on this one my friend.

Maybe next time.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Well, getting the power lines off the road should take all of about 30 minutes, then the rest of the repairs, restringing etc can be done with the road open. So it will be interesting to see how long the road stays closed.

Great excuse to close a road. Other ones to frighten the curious public away are "blasting" and "chemical spills".

new topics

top topics

join