It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta: US sends forces to Jordan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Panetta: US sends forces to Jordan

news.yahoo.com

BRUSSELS (AP) — The United States has sent military troops to the Jordan-Syria border to bolster that country's military capabilities in the event that violence escalates along its border with Syria, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Awesome!

Really as if Afghanistan,Pakistan,Yemen,Uganda,Somalia,Libya was not enough.

Then the rioting on over 20 countries of last month. He we are once again.

Memory serves aid to the FSA from the current administration earlier, and now the "instability" has created yet another "solution"

There were reports that Saddams WMD's were moved to Syria and now they are going to "monitor" chem bio sites in Syria.

Panetta should be saying get the hell out of the middle east.

MY prediction those troops will monitor for a month and then the real escalation.

What are they thinking this close to the election?

Political suicide or a hail mary play for another 4 more?

news.yahoo.com
edit on 10-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Political suicide or a hail mary play for another 4 more?

news.yahoo.com
edit on 10-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

That is what I see myself. The political thinking in DC is that a sitting "wartime" president never loses his seat, for eight years at least.

I'm starting to lean towards Romney as it has the Middle Easts panties in a wad.
They know what they have in Obama...pretty much a WEAK politician.

Romney is making them think twice and is even possibly escalating thing from their end.

Aaaand it's a race to the finish Folks!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can't help but wonder if there will be a pipeline of small weapons and 'advisors' flowing from Jordan....

Sort of like how the peaceful protestors in Libya suddenly found themselves armed to the teeth.

Granted the Syrian people (like the Libyans) began with peaceful protests... and then 'ex-military' supporters of the dissidents turned it from civil protest into civil war....

Well.. it's too late for that now... 30,000 dead since the "Arab Spring" reached Syria.... and we are still counting.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I looked at this and wondered if there was another reason. Obama says he is not backing Israel strike on Iran, so what if Israel attacked and Iran retaliated and it just happen that a missile strikes those troops guarding the Jordan Syria border. Or perhaps a false flag where a missile just hits the troops on the border. Whichever the reason I find it strange that a president would risk USA soldiers whilst Israel and Iran diplomacy is at an all time low. They are sitting ducks if anything at all kicks off.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Thats exactly what "they" want to happen.Mortars and shells going to and fro between turkey and Syria isn`t enough., putting u.s. soldiers in the dangerzone on the Jordanian boarder(and it will become a dangerzone) and the chances are a mortar or shell (of N.A.T.O design) will hit `em and give the green light for the U.S. gov to send in the big guns!!!. Like throwing a child under a bus then blowing up the bus `cos it killed your baby!! Disturbing logic I know, but hey, it is TPTB we are talking about.
edit on 10-10-2012 by Ranong because: (no reason given)

top topics

join