It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I eat this 15 hour old hamburger that's sat out all night?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Have been reading the play by play and am glad that you are still alive. Please update again soon

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

after seeing this video, if we assume that the composition of burger king and mcdonald's ingredients are similar, I would say 15 hrs is ok, I'd destroy the burger

the above video shows some of mcdonalds food decomposition throughout an 8 week period

and here is a lady who has kept a double cheese burger for 4 years, no mold or mildew!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Ahh, you should be ok then.
I wouldnt have eaten it but I dont think itll make you sick.

There was no mayo on it or ketchup or pickles..

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lurker007

That video of the 4 year old burger and fries was amazing. Thanks for sharing.

I have eaten half the burger and so far feel fine. I will refrigerated the other half either to eat later or give to the hospital if I need to get my tummy pumped. LOL

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

yes, unless it was tainted before it sat out same bacteria and other bad things can devolpe fast, but if it is relitivly clean u should be fine

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It is from BK. Throw it away. Fast food is garbage.

I knew a guy that left raw beef out on the counter and would eat it raw or cook some as he needed. He said that because he did it for most his adult life and that his body was used to it. He was built like a tank and other than passing out each night from getting drunk he seemed healthy.
edit on 10/6/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I've been dumpster diving for quite a few years.

By now I am probably considered a "certified diver."

I'd toss the hamburger in a frying pan, adjust the burner to a maximum flame, standing with a fire extinguisher, cook it until it has a nice charcoal texture.

You should be good to go, honestly.

Bon Appetit

edit on 6-10-2012 by seasoul because: surf or die!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Fast food is so loaded up with chemicals that you could probably let it sit for 5 years then eat it and be fine.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
During my years at college, living in a dorm with no money to buy food, my room mate and I would probably be fighting for that 15 hour burger.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

sure i was on a train once and found a half eaten hot dog and drunk can of coke. i was kinda hungry at the time and thought why let good food go to waste

edit on 6-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Why take the chance?

Toss it!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So by your logic that paper around the burger is airtight... and only enclosed sterile air?

Riightt.

R.I.P.

Here lies John,
Who died on the jon,
All for a 15-hour old bacteria burger.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

More of your logic -- you want to refrigerate the other half of this toxic waste to consume later? Lol. Did the SHTF and I missed it?!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I used to live with a friend of mine in TX. His mother was from Thailand. She would fry chicken and leave it on the kitchen table all day and night! We never got sick. I've eaten pizza that wasn't refrigerated and left out for more than 2 or 3 days and did not get sick. You can usually tell if something has gone bad to the point where it is not edible. I watched my buddies grandfather eat RAW CHICKEN all the time! He was 80 and also from Thailand. Never sick! Might just depend on the person and their immune system. As far as food from a fast food restaurant I wouldn't worry about germs or bacteria. I'd be worried about the chemicals, additives, and preservatives they pump into that crap.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
out of necessity i've eaten stuff that would make the average person puke so it's my opinion that the 15 hour old bk burger would be a delicious feast and someone mentioned already it's no more dangerous than a fresh bk burger and i tend to agree because after the nuclear holocaust it's not just cockroaches that'll be left it's all the fast food menu items as well so dig in if you already haven't.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Yes but you really shouldn't. It won't make you ill I just think you're better than that.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

OK - it's 7.40pm Sunday night (Aussie time) and you do realise that I'm going to have to come straight back on here and check your posting history first thing in the morning to check if John Phoenix has posted since his Burger King subject No. 1 experiment.

What if you disappear and we're all
???

Will it be a conspiracy?
We can make it into one if not.
We do that good here.

Good luck John Phoenix's tummy tonight.

We want a complete description in the morning.
Actually, strike that.
No we don't.

p.s. just have to say this is the funniest thread I've read in ages.

edit on 7/10/2012 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
i would have eaten it lol

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Many people have crappy immune systems and compromised digestive systems....so where person can dumpster dive and enjoy days old meals...others cannot.

And, you cannot always go by appearance and smell.
We had a power outage...maybe a day in warmish weather.
Had some fresh mozzarella in brine in teh frig....and just didn't want to toss it. Looked good, smelled okay...and I tasted just a little piece ............... I thought I was having a heart attack, and felt like I was dying.

If you've ever had food poisoning.....you know to be wary.
If in doubt, toss it.

YMMV

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Lol, yep.. I remember when I was about 22 and going to a Tech School. I made myself a ham sandwich one July day but forgot to take it out of my glove compartment. I lived in Dallas at the time and the temp was probably 100 plus that day but I was really hungry and ignorant about these things so I ate it and even before our 1 hour lunch was over, I was sitting against the bathroom wall at this school, sweating bullets and puking in the floor.
I left about 20 minutes later and went to my then girlfriends house, now x wife and literally couldnt move for 2 days.
Anyone thats had bad case of the flu, multiply it by 100 and you get food poisoning.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join