It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Knockout King": new savage "game" becoming more popular among urban youth.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
'Knockout King': New brand of street violence targets random victims.

ST. LOUIS — Matthew Quain still struggles to piece together what happened after a trip to the grocery store nearly turned deadly. He remembers a group of loitering young people, a dimly lit street — then nothing. The next thing he knew he was waking up with blood pouring out of his head.

Scattered reports of the game have come from around the country including Massachusetts, New Jersey and Chicago. In St. Louis, the game has become almost contagious, with tragic consequences. An elderly immigrant from Vietnam died in an attack last spring.

The rules of the game are as simple as they are brutal. A group — usually young men or even boys as young as 12, and teenage girls in some cases — chooses a lead attacker, then seeks out a victim. ...the goal is not revenge, nor is it robbery. The victim is chosen at random, often a person unlikely to put up a fight. Many of the victims have been elderly. Most were alone.

The attacker charges at the victim and begins punching. If the victim goes down, the group usually scatters. If not, others join in, punching and kicking the person, often until he or she is unconscious or at least badly hurt. Sometimes the attacks are captured on cellphone video that is posted on websites.

Here is a recent example:

What these teenagers need to understand is that its only ok to attack and kill people when its on a worldwide scale. For some reason, governments are allowed to invade nations and steal their wealth. Its only wrong when you do it on a local level.

Actually these teenagers arent even stealing, theyre just attacking. To truly follow in the footsteps of our leaders, they should have stolen his wallet as well.

I predict a bright future for these gentlemen in the armed forces or as police officers.

+35 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I love the young people of today. Not only do they need gangs to be tough, but they have to hit an old man and then run away. These kids are cowards, pure and simple.

ETA: I am not violent and do not believe in corporal punishment, but, if these were my kids, they would get their asses beat.
edit on 5-10-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It just keeps getting better and better....we now sound like our parents...how does this seem to be acceptable behavior with any kid....I'm curious to see if there is any outrage from the parent or parents of these kids...gives me stomach ache to think the my kids growing up will be around these types of kids that have no sense of value or respect...and nobody on the bus comes to check on him....that makes it even worse
edit on 5-10-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I love how everyone thinks this is a new thing.
I did this back in elementary school with my buds.
This is nothing new, just getting more and more popular.

I'm not saying go out and beat up old people, but kids will be kids I guess because, even I was in a little wanna be "gang" for a while.

U know the age of 10-15 where u somehow own the world and nobody else matters.
We did petty crime because we were bored little kids with nothing to occupy our short attention span.
Maybe kids just need an extra curicular? Activities to keep them out of trouble.
edit on 5-10-2012 by otie1 because: no reason

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I live near St Louis.. these morons are beating on bicyclers, folks who are walking, folks who are sitting.. whomever they perceive are weak and they can harm. One man died later and 2 of the group have been charged with murder. Here in my town they do this as well.. one girl got hit in the face with a tree branch a few weeks ago at a park near my house and I DO NOT live in a bad part of town. People not from our town come here to "flash mob" our gas stations, bowling alleys, etc.. to steal and trash and be violent for the sake of violence. The news refuses to report it.. thats the interesting thing.

People make a million PC excuses for it. There is NO excuse for it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Yes! That bothered me too. Was the bus empty? Or were the other patrons cowards as well? Why not check on an older man that was ruthlessly sucker punched?...unless they jumped off the bus to chase these little cowards down.

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by otie1

New to me. I never hung out with a pack of cowards before. I wonder how many other people will admit to it?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Kubrick scores again...

Not looking good, is it?

?

X.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Yes! That bothered me too. Was the bus empty? Or were the other patrons cowards as well? Why not check on an older man that was ruthlessly sucker punched?...unless they jumped off the bus to chase these little cowards down.

Sweetie.. around here you cant hit a "youth"... juvenile. Youll get sued by the crappy parents, charged, and called a racist.
here, 9 times out of 10 they "release the juvenile to into the custody of the parent(s)". I ran the crime stoppers out here and work with youth on and off currently. Its a lot worse than you think or youre being told or the news is reporting.

+36 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Well arnt you a prick.

OP it makes me sick to the stomach watching that vid. If I ever seen anything like this I would be doing the same to the kid and dragging them to the police station, no matter how old they are.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is great news, unprovoked attacks being carried out by children for no reason? This is the next generation, prepare for "Occupy Iran", we are so screwed.

link   
reply to post by superman2012

We were children so yeah we were cowards, and at least ive grown uo to admit that. Some of my old "friends" still think they are gangmembers.

I'm a lot older now and looking back at my youth I'm very embarrassed to think that was me.

link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by superman2012

Sweetie.. around here you cant hit a "youth"... juvenile. Youll get sued by the crappy parents, charged, and called a racist.
here, 9 times out of 10 they "release the juvenile to into the custody of the parent(s)". I ran the crime stoppers out here and work with youth on and off currently. Its a lot worse than you think or youre being told or the news is reporting.

Honey, I know you can't. But you can sure as hell follow them wherever they go while calling the police. If they attack you, you have a right to defend yourself.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

We were children so yeah we were cowards, and at least ive grown uo to admit that. Some of my old "friends" still think they are gangmembers.

I'm a lot older now and looking back at my youth I'm very embarrassed to think that was me.

At least you grew up. There are a lot of other people that still believe that they are tough guys because they have multiple people helping them beat someone up. Gangs = cowards.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
And by the way its not like I'm the hoodlums in the video. We just stole # from Walmart, spray painted buildings and got drunk and smoked cigs. I don't think we ever bum rushed a bus driver.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Its so easy to point at them and say "the youth of today is this", but really, nothing has changed.

Im old enough to remember thugs in my hometown beating people up at random many years ago. The main difference here is the availability of cameras. In this day and age, everything is photographed, so while in the past maybe 1 in 100,000 attacks were filmed, now 1 in 10 are. So yes, from our high horse it appears youth of today are worse.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
I live near St Louis.. these morons are beating on bicyclers, folks who are walking, folks who are sitting.. whomever they perceive are weak and they can harm. One man died later and 2 of the group have been charged with murder. Here in my town they do this as well.. one girl got hit in the face with a tree branch a few weeks ago at a park near my house and I DO NOT live in a bad part of town. People not from our town come here to "flash mob" our gas stations, bowling alleys, etc.. to steal and trash and be violent for the sake of violence. The news refuses to report it.. thats the interesting thing.

People make a million PC excuses for it. There is NO excuse for it.

It sucks. They don't report on it for the same reason they don't do reports on suicides. They don't want copycats wanting to get into the news story of the night.

The biggest question is:
Where were the parents at?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yeah I feel sorry for my old friends. What kind of life can being a gangster bring you?
And its not even like they were tough, we just thought we were because we had friends with us.
I totally agree gangs=cowards. They won't do anything unless their friends are around.
Unfortunatly kids now-a-days think gangs and gangsters are cool so I don't see this gang fad dying any time soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If you watch the attack on the driver, there are other people on the bus it looks as if a women comes up to the front when the driver starts rolling over pylons but not once checks on the guy. Read most of the posts under the video and couldn't help but agree with alot of em.

All I can say is little bastards try this on me, or anyone I know, and you best be sure there parents better watch out cause I'm gonna go to the root of the problem once I find the little pricks....

SaneThinking

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

You can't do much once you've been beat for awhile.

You need to keep your guard up. If approached by a group of "youths" watch for the downward eye glance. That puts you off guard. If the kid in front of you glances down, step back because you're going to be sucker punched.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join