It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do christians quote the book of enoch?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Aiylyjen is the TRUE word for god.....

I know this to be fact as i have seen him...
Trust me...
Im telling the truth

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Haha i take it you haven't heard of David hatcher childress?
If not, he's a prominent figure in the "ancient astronauts" community.
He sounds like Mr Mackey from south park.

Its quite hilarious :L

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

That link might not work, I'm on a mobile device

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

No offence if not but that was a joke right? believe me its true! I've seen it!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
The source of every other religeon is from the fallen watchers. This is why everyone hates Christians.

Wrong. This is why Christians like to pretend everybody hates them. The Christian church has built its foundation on hating other religious paths. Stoning, burning, and torturing anybody who does not follow their interpretation of their God(s). The church has done this. Many Christians do this. It is not the religion, though.

I think the Christian religion is a beautiful one with soulful imagery and rooted in inspired poetry. I do not hate it at all. Christians feel the need to be hated because it helps fulfill prophecy. It's the same reason they support Israel; they just want to see them rise and then be conquered. The Christian church is the worst best friend that Israel could have.

In short: virtually all hate towards the Christian church is an action of reciprocation.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I practice Christianity. I don't necessarily believe everything that is written in todays Bible is accurate. But, I think it's the best moral code to teach my children. Also, it's great to belong to a humble community that cares about and helps one another.

Believe what you want. But, I'll raise my children to serve their community, to be compassionate to those less fortunate and to always try (even if they falter) to do the right thing.

I won't preach to you. Please, don't preach to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman
reply to post by Miccey

No offence if not but that was a joke right? believe me its true! I've seen it!

LOL i donno..
I just went with flow like.....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I practice Christianity. I don't necessarily believe everything that is written in todays Bible is accurate. But, I think it's the best moral code to teach my children. Also, it's great to belong to a humble community that cares about and helps one another.

Believe what you want. But, I'll raise my children to serve their community, to be compassionate to those less fortunate and to always try (even if they falter) to do the right thing.

I'm not preaching.
You actually sound like the kind of Christian I can respect.
I've always thought, at what state would our idea of morality be in if the bible never came about?
Yes there is bad stuff in there, but the majority of it is good for anyone with positive morals, which is why its still relevant today.
Although I do believe itneeds an update.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I totally get what you're saying. I think our ideas would probably be very similar. And there's no way I could ever talk to people in my church about what I truly believe. There are a lot of newer Universal churches that study multiple or at least several different religions. I think that may be closer to what I believe. There's a higher power. However we got stuck on this rock ... life means something and it should be cherished and protected.

I tried several local churches that were not the right fit for my family. It took years, but I finally settled on an outward mission-focused Christian church. The details don't matter as much to me. It's the practical application in life that I would like my children to carry on.

It would suck knowing the world, at sometime in the future, would be filled with selfish imbeciles regardless of whether they believed in Religion or Science.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22

So being a human and treating your fellow humans
with respect, kindness and being helpful, is christianity?
Not in my world and thats not what i teach my kids.
Thats being a Human Being, and thats what they
SHOULD do in order to be treated the same way.
Has NOTHING to do with christianity....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I agree with you about studying different religions. Its amazing how identical some of them are.. One I never thought would be close was the Koran and the Bible.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I don't think everyone hates Christians, I sure don't. They just Don't seem to have the ability to comprehend other people's beliefs.

I don't "hate" Christians (or anyone else for that matter) but have been told that a great many times by Christians. See, if you dispute anything they believe in, they turn it to "you hate us." But take a hard look at them, how they, for the most part, feel about Gays, Atheists, Buddhist, Wiccans, and every other religion there is. To them, they are the ONLY ones that are right, they ONLY ones who know the truth about all things, and EVERYONE else has it wrong, EVERYONE else is going to their Hell. So, one has to ask themselves....who hold the hate in their hearts, after all?

I have said this many times on this board, and I'll say it again. What I, and may of us are against is the Corporate Organization that runs them from the Vatican. I know Christians will say no, they don't run us, but they were the ones who made up all of the Myths, and Tall Tails, and they are the ones who invented the Heroes and Villains, and they are the ones who started people giving money to their "God," when actually the preacher gets it.

Christianity, or rather Christian churches in general that have profited off of their followers for many years fall right into this category. They take in billions of dollars each year and pay no taxes. If churches were made to pay taxes like everyone else, we could balance the federal budget, refund Social Security and Medicare overnight!

Corporate Religion & Christian Nationalism: Religion for Profit, War, Power

Christian Business Organization

A good book on the subject matter:
Christianity Incorporated: How Big Business Is Buying the Church

Some Of The Criminality Of The Vatican And Christianity

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
Aiylyjen is the TRUE word for god.....

I know this to be fact as i have seen him...
Trust me...
Im telling the truth

Really now? And you are sure and certain that was him, right? I will leave for you a link to a thread I wrote about things like this......
Linky

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As someone has mentioned before, the book of enoch was quoted in jude. Some of the book dove tails with christian prophecy some contradicts it. This could be due to the fact that the Essense (jewish gnostic monks) may have tampered with it. Thats just my speculation. To say that christians who believe the ancient astronaut theory are "new age" is kind of ignorant as genesis 6:4 clearly states that other worldly beings came to earth to mingle with the seed of man to create nephilim. There is nothing new about this. Its only recently in the past few centuries that the church deviated from this doctrine. You call them astronauts, i call them fallen angels. Either way, the bible indicates that the angels once (and possibly still do) occupied other planets and earth prior to mans' creation. And no, God did not create the earth in 6 days, it was restored for man after the angels destroyed it. And im not even sure if 6 days refers to 24 hour periods of simply 6 periods of undisclosed time measurments. The bottom line is that the book of enoch is directly relevant to christianity, we just dont know what percent of it is authentic give that is a copy of generations of copies of orally preserved history.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I practice Christianity........

Others do this as well, whether or not they "practice" Christianity. The main idea is The Golden Rule; no matter which "religion" promotes it (or none), it's the way that normal, healthy people raise their children.

Kudos.
Just keep doing the right thing; and feel strong enough to tell other 'Christians' that they are failing The Golden Rule: the only one that really matters.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

It would suck knowing the world, at sometime in the future, would be filled with selfish imbeciles regardless of whether they believed in Religion or Science.

Yeah? Have you seen, perchance, Idiocracy?

Highly recommend it. It's hilarious in a sort of gross, childish way, but deals with exactly that.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by binkbonk

He shows himself in his creation
And in and his prophecy.

There is more than one way to see. Ask a blind person.

Regars
edit on 6-10-2012 by drevill because: typo

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I am a Christian and I have read the Book of Enoch.. a few times actually.

The reason Enoch is referred to and quoted from by SOME Christians is it was referred to by Jesus, Enoch is in the OT lineage of Noah and therefore Jesus, the Book of Enoch refers to ... admittedly in a round about way, to the Son of God...Jesus, and it also does an excellent job describing the time before the flood... when every thought and act of man was wicked... and further describes the off spring of the fallen ones.. Nephillum and Raphiam.. the giants... both before and after the flood of Genesis6 and how they corrupted the flesh of man and animals and all of God's creation.. therefore resulting in the punishment and cleansing of the flood.

The corruption of the genetics of man is why God destroyed the Earth and spared Noah and family... as he was "perfect in his generations" or lineage and genetic line.

This is also why many Christians feel we are approaching the end of the age as man once more is altering God's creation with genetic mutations, GMOs, and cloning...'as in the days of Noah."

You believe what you will, that is cool. But you asked why and here it is. Judge not all Christians by the extremists just as we should not judge all Muslims by the extremists.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
A lot of so called Christian operatives call themselves Christians in an effort to deceive real Christians into believing that the Vatican's one world religion, which will be based on tolerance of all antichrist religions, is acceptable and legitimate. Catholicism, for example, is based on tenets of Egyptian sun worship but yet the Vatican has successfully deceived billions of people throughout the ages into believing that it worships Christ. In fact, we have every reason to believe that the Vatican is coordinating so called evidence and justification for actually believing that Christ was actually the Egyptian and/or Babylonian gods Osiris' and Isis' son, Horus, reincarnated. It's all a bunch of lies though as is Catholicism. Further research indicates that Simon the Sorcerer from the book of Acts founded the Catholic Church on the pagan Babylonian religions. My point is that just because a person claims to be a 'Christian' or even if a person claims to be Christ himself, if he or she is preaching a different gospel other than what Christ taught then that person is not a Christ follower. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

The exact thing I just stated. He does not show himself literally. You see things and subjectively choose to believe it is god showing himself. It is not god, YHWH, it may be creation and works and some might call that god, but it is not the god of the bible. Constant creation and works is more accurately describing quantum physics than the god of the bible.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join