It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.I.D.S. closes up shop?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hmm,this is odd.NIDS(National Institute for Discovery Science),a well funded organization that investigated Paranormal happenings with very qualified scientists and personnel,has suddenly closed up shop-Claiming "lack of activity".This is quite strange,in that there is no shortage of daily activity being reported,and NIDS themselves just did a huge overview of the increase in sightings of Black Triangles.

www.nidsci.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I wonder what is going on. It is hard for me to imagine the excuse of inactivity. Something isn't right.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I noticed that the head scientist behind the NIDS team,Colm Kelleher has gone into Cancer research.While that is obviously a positive thing,I am curious if some 'government grant' of a healthy proportion was behind his decision.Wouldn't be the first time the powers that be offered a position to a ufologist of high integrity to de-focus the progress and notoriety they were drawing to the subject.Sort of a "dangling the carrot" scheme to keep less attention on the field.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by 11thdimension]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Follow up from NIDS founder Robert Bigelow:

From Robert Bigelow
10-20-4

We at the National Institute for Discovery Science have come to a time in which a decision must be made as to the direction of the Institute. We have labored long and hard, coming to the conclusion to place NIDS in an inactive status.

The reasons for this decision are as follows:

1. We have not had the need to do any major investigative work for well over 2 12 years.

2. In view of that fact we decided to reduce our staff.

3. Our administrator, Colm Kelleher, has taken a position outside of Nevada to do cancer research. Colm's ambition has always been to do cancer research and was employed in this field prior to his employment with NIDS. We are sorry to see him leave.

It is unfortunate that there isn't more activity, as there was in the past, that warrants investigation. However, we will still retain our Secretary/Receptionist who will remain at NIDS to answer your calls. Her name is Mary Allman and can be reached at (702) 798-1700. She will be talking daily to Mr. Bigelow's assistants Janice and Donna.

Should substantial activity occur with a need for investigation then NIDS will be reactivated with new personnel.

Robert T. Bigelow
www.NIDSci.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hmm,perhaps THIS is the reason they so quickly terminated the Ufological work,Bigelow is getting involved in the space program himself!Didn't want UFO work to tarnish the image of serious plans to get into space,eh?Interesting developement...

space.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
People having better things to do with thier time is hardly a conspiracy.

Rather than worry about the reason... why not pick up where they left off? See if they will hand over the NIDS name to someone new.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It simply boils down to one wanting to be taken serious,and I don't think there's anyone who will deny that a field like ufology can leave one open for ridicule and scoffing,particularly if the field you're aspiring to conquer rubs noses with a government sponsored entity..Just seems like a timely coincidence to abrubtly drop one thing,"claiming no activity"which is B.S.,particularly when they just did a huge expose on a nationwide Triangle flap,and then announce you're getting involved in the race for space yourself.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Didn't NIDS purchase a ranch with weird thing happening on it a couple of years ago. Anyone remember the story this family finding their cows locked up in a trailer home? Some how the got through the dead bolt. Also there was some mutilations, weird lights at night, and creatures that could be seen some times. I remember them saying there was like a portal here. The family moved out and NIDS purchased the land if I can remember right. Anyone remember this?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I believe bigelow did purchase the ranch.

Also, bigelow has always had his own agenda, I don't think it's a bad agenda just personal. From what little I know about the man he seems a decent and extremely smart fella, so my guess would be something is definitely up but I don't think it's bad.

If you read all the ranch materials including outside articles, whatever was or maybe still is going on there could be studied for years and Robert Bigelow has a reputation in the business world for a being a bit of a maverick, I find it hard to believe he's just walking away.

NIDS may be morphing into a new type of organization.

Oh who the hell knows. Hope he's not walking away, I really like that guy.

SPiderj

top topics

join