It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia helps U.S., Syria establish contact, Turkey in shock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
True or simply a tactic to weaken the FSA in Syria? I'm sure the news (true or not) will definitely divide/crack the FSA and relationship between the allies strategically.

With a little bit of help from Russia, the Americans and the Syrians have established contact with each other, sending shockwaves in Turkey, which has blamed Moscow and Beijing for the continuation of strife in Syria.

Addressing the American media on Thursday, Russian Foreign Minister, Sergei Lavrov dropped a bombshell. He said that Moscow had helped the American experts to establish contact with the Syrians on the subject of chemical weapons. “I hope I won’t disclose any big secret, but we have helped American experts establish contact with the Syrians on this issue, and we have received explanations and assurances that the Syrian government is guarding these facilities in the best possible way,” said Mr. Lavrov, as reported by Russia Today.
LINK
Your thoughts/comments/opinions/viewpoints please.
edit on 1-10-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Iraq's WMD's, The fact that the WMD's are in Syria is old news but the Russians being worried about them is news. I would imagine terrorists are chomping at the bit to get ahold of those.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So whats the big deal? Communication to ensure the Weapons are being protected by big bad Assad and his minions?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
it would be a relief to believe that we have more ties to the road to peace than the public knows.
Huh?

new topics

top topics

join