It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katie Couric Voted ‘The Worst Reporter in History of Man’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Katie Couric Voted ‘The Worst Reporter in History of Man’

There were others in the running....

Dan Rather, Bryant Gumbel and Brian Williams were also "nominated".

This seems more like satire ...........

(CNSNews.com) - At the Media Research Center's 25th Anniversary Gala in Washington, D.C., on Thursday night, former CBS News anchor Katie Couric was voted "The Worst Reporter in the History of Man."

Couric barely edged out fellow former CBS News anchor Dan Rather.

A crowd of more than 1,000 people attending the gala chose Couric for the honor. The other nominees were Rather, Bryant Gumbel and Brian Williams. The crowd made its choice known through a voice vote--which required a second-round run-off between Couric and Rather.

Couric won the distinction as part of the MRC's at annual "Dishonors Awards." The awards were presented at the Media Research Center's (MRC) sold-out 25th Anniversary Gala dinner, which was held at the National Building Museum in downtown Washington, D.C. The MRC, founded in 1987 by Brent Bozell, is dedicated to holding the liberal media accountable for promoting a left-wing agenda. CNSNews.com is a division of the MRC.

Other "awards" were presented as well.

In addition to "The Worst Reporter in the History of Man Award," the other "Dishonors" awards presented at the gala included "The Obamagasm Award (for drooling over Democrats)," "The Vast Right-Wing Knuckle Draggers Award (for biased campaign coverage)," "Damn Those Conservatives to Hell Award," and "The Barbra Streisand Political IQ Award for Celebrity Vapidity."

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

In my opinion they all suck.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The 4th estate is not what it used to be.

Long gone are the days of the news hound searching for the truth.

The most trusted News man in America resides on a comedy network and is a Comedian, and he beats out the talking heads on the MSM for accuracy.

The news media is just a sad distribution network for propaganda and is a product to be sold.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No, Chris Matthews is the worst reporter in the history of man.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
She isn't that bad of a reporter because she did win the Walter Cronkite Award for Journalism Excellence for the interview with Palin. You know where she made Palin look like an idiot. Small wonder how the idiots at FOX weren't nominated for anything. But then again this was done by Media Research Center which is nothing more than a right wing propaganda site and CNS is just another wing of MRC.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I can't believe it! A conservative outlet got together, sucked down some booze and pricey filet mignon and "voice voted" for the worst reporter...and the result was Katie Couric?

Why didn't they include Geraldo Rivera or the man that's known for being more full of crap than a bucket at a meat packing plant, Shawn Hannity?

Seriously, why is this on ATS? This is like the Yankees getting together and voting the Red Sox the worst baseball team ever. It's pretty biased and one sided is it not?

reply to post by benrl

Pretty sad when Jon Stewart is better at reporting facts than the MSM.
edit on 30-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
MRC is a hard right-wing PR site - and somehow, they overlooked nominating any of the FOX "News" talking heads, whose brand of "journalism" is to read the Roger Ailes "memos" of how to slant the news.

Hilarious...

ETA: I don't know of anyone who watches Katie Couric, she belongs on E! rather than a serious news show. To me, she's just a unit of weight.
edit on 30-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I never actually listened to anything she said because she had that whole cute in a weird way thing going on.... like the cute mom of a friend, when you were 12, who made you crushed on endlessly and only even hung out with her kid just so you could hang out her house... that kinda mom?

Wait... she was a reporter?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

He isn't a reporter ... he's a useless talking head O-bot.

My vote for worst reporter .. Dan Rather. The dude faked documents against Bush43 being AWOL and then when he got busted for the fake documents he was unapologetic and said 'the story is true anyways'. :shk:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ah, more uplifting stuff coming from the Right. They are full of nothing but idiocy, hate, bile, pettiness and dishonesty, and truly devoid of anything resembling humanity or decency. I've not seen literally a single word coming from the Right in years that can be construed as elevating to the human spirit. In my mind's eye, when I think of "the Right" all is can visualize is the western version of the Taliban. I am not alone either. At some point, even these ignorant, rude people will come to the realization that what they believe and how they conduct themselves are destructive to humanity and to their own causes.

Like every sentient person, I always knew the concept of zombie was science fiction. Now I am not so sure, for these people are indeed the closest thing in real life that exemplifies the concept of what a zombie is.
edit on 3-10-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
At least the voting was unbiased.

While "The Worst Reporter in the History of Man Award" was determined by a voice vote of the gala attendees, the other "Dishonor" award winners were picked by a panel of 12 judges, among whom were Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, Lou Dobbs, Laura Ingraham and Mark Levin.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Your title to the thread is misleading, It should read this.
Katie Couric Voted ‘The Worst "REPEATER" in History of Man’
Say it enough times and it becomes the truth!
Voila you have your tv slaves leaning forward to catch every word you speak from a script.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

edit on 30-9-2012 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

HAHA! Chris Matthews won the "Obamagasm Award!" I saw that one coming.

No surprise here: MSNBC’s Chris Matthews, who recently referred to President Obama as “the perfect American,” was the runaway winner of the Media Research Council’s “Obamagasm” award. Matthews out-tingled Diane Sawyer and Piers Morgan for the honor, presented at the MRC’s 25th anniversary gala on Thursday.

new topics

top topics

join