It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Train Sounds?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Right im not sure how to describe this other than the sound of a train, well it is definitely the sound of a train, but at first it makes a whirring sound like an engine.

After the sound of the engine it sound like a train going over the tracks.... it seems pretty normal right? well the thing is i dont live near a train track, station or anything train related.

I honestly cannot get my head around this either, the fact that the train is approximately every 3 minutes???

Please someone try and tell me what this is because its starting to freak me out!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

It is probably a......

;......

TRAIN...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I don't live anywhere near a train... its impossible I'm in the countryside and its very weird if its happening every 3 minutes roughly...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Where (approximately) do you live? I've heard about very similar sounds happening a lot lately.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

You can hear trains from miles away sometimes. Especially if you live in a desolate area and there is nothing to diffuse the sound. There are trains all over the place. Have you checked google for any nearby tracks?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I live in the South-East of England and I know that the train that is closest is about 30-40 miles away but the weird thing is the irregular times as it is the second to last destination with only 1 train line, this would have to mean the train is travelling 30+miles in the space of about 3 minutes

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
not to mention that between me and the train there are hill

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Unless there is a new rail line that was put in, I doubt it was actually trains then. It would seem more likely that it may be coming from a military base or possibly a industrial complex that may be testing something. Of course there is always the chance that its something not of this world.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nobody you know

Yeah i gotta admit its sounds other worldly and not to mention there is no airports near me, no new train lines and now my friend is telling me the same is happening to him about 10 miles from me, and he looked outside saw flashing lights and then he saw eyes looking at him from his garden, what the hell is happening here!?!?!?! Im freaking the hell out here!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

24 hours a day? what time frame?

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It has been happening for about the past hour every 3 minutes and this is the near on identical

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Must be some kind of special sign.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Soloro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I live in Southeastern US. I've lived in this house with husband and kids of for 10 years. I too hear "the train" ...just since the last few months. I only hear it in the evening (from dusk until perhaps midnight or so) and only when I step outside (meaning, it's not loud enough to be heard behind closed doors.)

The strange thing for me is, it is constant, like one big-ass train going on forever. My skeptic family shrugs it off and just don't have the curiosity about it that I do.

Oh, I'll also mention that this 6-hour-long train sound ALWAYS seems to be coming from southwest of me. That would put it in the direction of Georgia --which I think has a gaping ozone hole anomaly of some sort, so I've always wondered if I can just hear the Universe whooshing by because a 'window' is open, LoL...

Oh well... yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift-- that's why it's called the present!
It's a wild ride, folks-- make the most of it!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
A lot of folk in a lot of places are commenting on strange sounds these days. Seems it even goes on under the oceans. The most famous is The Bloop but there's even one they call The Train.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I actually do live near a train line, I've lived here for years.
This past week i've heard weird trains, not at all what i'd consider usual.. exactly as you describe and rather frequent.. that was the bit that spark my attention.. these sound like massive freight trains. Those type of trains dont run on 2-3 minute gaps.. 10-20min normally and that's rare its normally a good hour between "train rumbles" and has been that way for many years. Not for the past few night's though starting at about 11ish.

I'm in Australia btw between Sydney and Canberra.. im also over a flight path that has been sounding rather strange the last 3 months, even my neighbors have quizzed it, way more traffic than normal and it sound heavier than commercial jets. these things shake the ground some night's and at odd hours 1-3ish.

No idea what's happening.. but it's noticeable to the local's and im about the only person out here waiting for doom (lol)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i live near train tracks but the other day i heard somthing like this but the sound was comming from the wrong direction me and my mother both noticed it odd you bring it up i thought nothing of it after it went away
im in Alabama btw

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Do you have anything in which you can record this sound for us? Video camera, smart phone, digital audio recorder?

And yes, I know this is the gray area,so nothing like that is required, I only ask because It would help us a lot as far as figuring out what it is that you are hearing and hey, it can't hurt to ask.

edit on 1-10-2012 by DirtyLiberalHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Could it be fracking?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Head towards the sound and find out what it is? If you do, take a camera!

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have lived near railroad industrial tracks my whole life almost, when I was a kid for 18 years I lived about 500 to 600 yards from the tracks, could even see it pass in the winter thru the trees. And even now I live about 350 yards from the tracks, I've been used to the low grade off and on hum it makes as its approaching, and then it levels off into this steady consistent hum with a slight vibration you can feel in your gut then it trails off pending on the carts it has, can even make the off and on sound from the carts passing if you listen enough through the hum.

Lately I can say the sounds are a bit off, not always as I am sure normal traffic is partly to blame, but there is a consistent dusk train passing that doesn't sound the same, no steady off / on leading into a consistent hum, then trailing off, it's more full on, always for about 10 mins or so, almost makes me want to look up?!?!

I have a small airport near me too, about a mile or two away, hear crop dusters, corp jets and military choppers / jets a good bit, but this is different.

__ __
Will see if I can record the sound with my digi audio recorder

edit on 1-10-2012 by Moneyisgodlifeisrented because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join