It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OST & Cinematic Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wanted to start a thread where people could post their favorite movie/game OST, & other cinematic tracks. I prefer ones that are relaxing, haunting, inspiring, vocal, etc.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Already a thread for something like this here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But what the heck

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Remains my favourite! There was a shorter version used in revelations which was called "the library", but this is longer and more chilling.

The chanting mixed with the synth can induce memories, thoughts, or anything really! i usually sit and stare as my mind clears itself of the everyday thinking, and puts itself into a sort of deep... well it's hard to explain. Just listen.

I've burnt incense once, and listened to this for a heightened effect.

The slightly shorter, less synthy version
edit on 30-9-2012 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Thanks for sharing. =] His thread says "best music you heard in a film". I'm including video games, trailer music, demos, etc.

edit on 30-9-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
ahh what the hell... who am i kidding?

THIS

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

I see. Well here is some more

I find the beginning of this one really inspiring.

Loved that first song you posted in the OP by the way.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I posted these 3 yesterday in a thread, but they are well worth the repost

The first 3:26 of the first Elder Scroll video is one of my favorite pieces of music ever

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

Elder Scrolls soundtracks always bring a sense of nostalgic relaxation. Haven't played Oblivion a long time.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by TheLonewolf

Elder Scrolls soundtracks always bring a sense of nostalgic relaxation. Haven't played Oblivion a long time.

Yes they do. I haven't got play Skyrim yet, but I have listened to the music from it. Not as good as Oblivion I think, but still damn good. I played Oblivion for over 500 hours with two different characters. Can't wait to get started on Skyrim when i can afford it.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Easily, this:

The Cinematic Orchestra.

"The Cinematic Orchestra is a British jazz and electronic outfit, created in 1999 by Jason Swinscoe. The band is signed to independent record label Ninja Tune. In addition to Swinscoe, the band includes former DJ Food member PC (Patrick Carpenter) on turntables, Luke Flowers (drums), Tom Chant (Saxophone), Nick Ramm (piano), Stuart McCallum (guitar) and Phil France (double bass). Former members include Jamie Coleman (trumpet), T. Daniel Howard (drums), Federico Ughi (drums), Alex James (piano), and Clean Sadness (synthesizer, programming). The most recent addition to the band is Mancunian guitarist Stuart McCallum."

This is the full album and movie.
Cheers
edit on 1-10-2012 by Qemyst because: (no reason given)

top topics

join