It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama also said THIS at the UN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It's the hypocrisy that bothers me here. We have several threads going now about religion. The White House will not condemn the Cross in the Urine picture. It's free speech, dontcha know? Various Muslim leaders can say that Christ was illegitimate, that Christianity is responsible for the world's ills and is stupid, besides. All that is just hunky dory OK things to say. You can publish sexually-themed cartoons about Jesus, Moses, Krishna, Buddha, and any other religious figure, call the Pope a a reptilian, Nazi, pedophile, and that's OK, too. You can even call upon the UN to pass a law against blasphemy. Christianity and Judaism are fair game.

But you DARE to question Allah, and the Muslims put a price on your head.

And our President, who has said in print that he will "stand with the Muslims" if forced, goes along with the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I would argue that this is a ploy to gain favor with Moslem nations but also to say that those responsible for the attacks will not be the predominant force in that part of the World ie, the US will invade, again.

Problem is, the recent attacks smack of a psyop backed by the US.

edit on 25-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

He claims to be a Christian, yet he ALWAYS "represents" when it come to defending Muslims!!!! I think religion in general is "one of the biggest forms of mind control" used against the populaces of this world we are living in next to political affiliations....

Why? Can we not all just accept the fact that we are all human beings and stuck on this piece of rock called Earth?

Can we all come to an understanding that we are all different and we can use that to make humanity better?

When the hell will we realize that our differences are used against us so that the psychopaths running the show we call LIFE are actually preventing all of us from realizing our potentials as human beings and stop allowing THEM to turn us into mere farm animals that will be disposed of when our purposes are no longer useful???

+49 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Why don't you give us the full story instead of half of it.

He was talking about intolerance to any religion, including Christians, not just Islam, he was talking about humans getting along despite our differences.

He was actually talking about more than just religion too......

From President Obama’s speech at the U.N. today:

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women – it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources – it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the men and women that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated, churches are destroyed, or the Holocaust is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shiite pilgrims. It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, and that is the vision we will support.

Source
edit on 25/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You cannot deny what he says. Try as you might he is right, even if his words were twisted like they are.

People need to act like grown ups and realize not everybody will be on their side 24/7. People will have different opinions. Thats what makes humans unique.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What has he NOT said to get votes. He loves something one minute and hates it the next. He will say anything you want to hear.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So then logically the future belongs to those who embrace Islam. NO THANKS.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

that was a subtext to the original comment of not letting hate preachers win and incite.

he also mentioned holocaust denyers and blasphemy about jesus...in the same breath

put it in context, you propaganda machine

personally i thought that was the best speech he could of done....dont forget hes talking to the world here...get in touch dude...

its a shame, that he has to deal with this issue during election...the issue is over 1000yrs old...do they expect obama to solve it.....

that said...i thought america came off brilliantly, looking good under tough times
cmon, romney would of started a riot at the UN..lol
edit on 25-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I hope you're not that much of a [I'll get banned if I post it but it's a disparaging word].

The very next line:

"Yet to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see when the image of Jesus Christ is desecrated."

- Barack Hussein Obama

I hope I'm just reading your OP incorrectly. If I'm not you're a _______ing _____________.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Way to cherry-pick a quote. Context is everything. Here, let me help you out:

It is time to leave the call of violence and the politics of division behind. On so many issues, we face a choice between the promise of the future, or the prisons of the past. And we cannot afford to get it wrong. We must seize this moment. And America stands ready to work with all who are willing to embrace a better future.

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt – it must be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women – it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources – it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs; workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the women and men that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support.

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. But to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated, or churches that are destroyed, or the Holocaust that is denied. Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims, and Shia pilgrims. It is time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies. That’s the vision we will support.

news.blogs.cnn.com...

Follow the link for a transcript of President Obama's speech. A great speech by the way.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

The word is Republican

The ad lib is disgusting demagogue

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpNowSnap

here we go.....bro thats more about traditional local ideologies....

in islamic countries, the two worst crimes...i mean the worst..is rape and adultry....capital punishment in a third world country is a tough deterrent....

now tell me why a first world country, executes a person every firday at lunch time..... sort of ritualisticly??

just saying

peace and respect

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

No, I'm saying there is more to the opening post than what the thread starter shared with us.

It's called Google, and making sure the other members of ATS are better informed of the true story than just a snippet which can be used in the wrong way.

Please try to remain on topic and not derail the thread. If you have time, I suggest you look up the ATS terms and conditions before participating in any more threads as to avoid future mishaps such as this.

Regards
edit on 25/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You know OP you are the worst kind of poster. You deliberately created a title and the used a quote to attack Obama when the very thing to attack him for not saying is the next thing he said in the speech. Attack Obama or Romney for legit things. Purposely trying to lie to the people of ATS is wrong no matter who is doing it

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

yea but dude...this is ATS...we expose liars before we have breakfast.....like you just have with this dude

stay blessed

peace and respect

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

what garbage

stop crying wolf...its getting boring,,,

BTW talking "obvious" BS only mucks up your cause and works against you

at least put a bit of effort in....where do you get this tripe, i think youl find people are getting more immune to your illness

peace and respect

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join