It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed over Melbourne Australia 22/09/2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
For anybody interested this video was filmed last night in central Melbourne.

Hard to make anything out though.......

www.news.com.au

And it was dismissed instrantly by the astronomer because no astronomers saw anything........ What a shock!!!!!!

edit on 23/9/1212 by Krusty the Klown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

edit on 23-9-2012 by Zeta Reticulan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

What astronomer dismissed it?
Looks like LEDs.

edit on 9/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Regarding your question Phage.

Zeta's previous post addresses it in the quote from the article.

LOL, Zeta deleted it.

Here it is....

Astronomical Society of Victoria spokesman Perry Vlahos said it was unlikely the object was anything extraordinary.“Something that has been around that long and not seen by astronomers is probably unlikely to be anything odd,” he said"

edit on 23/9/1212 by Krusty the Klown because: Kwote tags.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

What astronomer dismissed it?
Looks like LEDs.

edit on 9/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Damn you Phage, I was planning to start a ufo fap by attaching this light i made

To a quad copter im looking at buying...

turbo ace x830
edit on 23-9-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
And it was dismissed instrantly by the astronomer because no astronomers saw anything........ What a shock!!!!!!

I suppose so, although most astronomers are actually focusing on stars and stuff, not LED kites or other things blinking a few hundred feet in the sky.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
First of all, this cameraperson is horrible. Why hold the camera sideways?

But this light looks like it could be a blimp, a lighted ballon, or lighted kite.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Looks like your typical LED light toy. LED's are very distinguishable and noticeable. No UFO here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

Well the AFL Grand Final is on in Melbourne next weekend which is the biggest game of the year, so I reckon a blimp would be the most likely culprit.

Maybe one with an LED sign on the side.
edit on 23/9/1212 by Krusty the Klown because: Afterthought

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Terrible this world we've let form around us. So much chaff to winnow from the wheat.

It was once finding a needle in a haystack... now it's finding a drop of water in a bucket.

I'm waiting to be pleasantly surprised one of these days (has to be soon, the laws of chance must apply at some point) where I see a title "UFO filmed over bridge in..." and when I click the link, it is not some black screen, a foggy distant street lamp and a flickering pesky dot of light bobbing around to the dance of a cameraman with epilepsy.

OR for at least them to do something other than hang in the sky and pointlessly blink at us.

1865. "Hey guys, UP here.. Hi there.. Not much, just hanging out, blinking.."
1912. "Yoohoo, guys, Up here.. Yeah, not much... pretty bored actually.."
1947. "HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS, STOP SHOOTING AT US!!"
1962. "Sup guys... just hanging out up here, watching the clouds..."
1980. "Dude.. I'm sooooo HIGH.."
1994. "I'm getting too old for this crap... these clouds are getting monotonous."
2012. "Hey guys, yep. Still up here.. Might watch neighbours at 6pm with my fish and chips.."

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Its happenning folks.
We all can smile as we eat our suppers.
But its happpenning.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Not exactly a UFO over Australia that could somehow prove it to relate to ETs. However, I definitely could not identify it through that horrible video footage.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I just wish people would walk around with Full HD Camera's with night vision / infra red capabilities, Tripods, Laser pointing instruments to measure distance & heat signatures and a checklist to satisfy everyone's "must do's" when attempting to capture something unknown flying in the sky.

C'mon people, you have the ATS community to satisfy - How dare you post video that is sub standard.

Tsk

Last time I checked Carlton Gardens is indeed in Melbourne, Australia so the title is somewhat correct. I travel past this site daily.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Its happenning folks.
We all can smile as we eat our suppers.
But its happpenning.

Digestion! It's Happening!

Verified as True by Snopes.com

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by one_small_step
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I just wish people would walk around with Full HD Camera's with night vision / infra red capabilities, Tripods, Laser pointing instruments to measure distance & heat signatures and a checklist to satisfy everyone's "must do's" when attempting to capture something unknown flying in the sky.

C'mon people, you have the ATS community to satisfy - How dare you post video that is sub standard.

Tsk

LOL, I wish I could double star this post.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

what would it take other than having them materialize in front of you? any object you "witnessed" could be explained away in some fashion i.e. experimental military, venus, lanterns, balloons, etc. so why are you here?

once they materialize in front of you then what? do you quit your day job? ask them to take you to their leader? then what? how would life change once they are absolutely proven as fact to you?

I think the inability to answer that question is why most people mock this subject, because after that fear sets in. fear of not being in control. fear of existentially being changed against you will, so it's much safer to ignore, mock and tease others who've already accepted the fact they exist.

they may never come down and shake your hand. why should they give a crap what we think and feel?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hey guys,

I viewed this "UFO" from several perspectives.

I initially viewed it from the corner of Lygon St and Queensberry St in Carlton. Approximately 10 minutes walk from where it was hovering. From this perspective it looked really creepy, just hanging in the sky with variable flashing colours etc. It appeared as just a bright flashing light, high in the sky. But even from that distance, there was a definite pattern to the lightshow. It looked weird, but it also looked manmade. In other words, it looked like an LED light display.

Anyways, so my partner and I shrugged it off and went to get some food. We came back out an hour or so later, and it was still there. Hovering in the same spot, in the distance. So we decided to walk to where it was. I figured it was a kite or balloon with LEDS attached to it. I was interested to see who was orchestrating this curious spectacle. It did look bizarre, and out of the ordinary. I'll give it that.

10 minutes later I was standing directly under the "UFO", in the Carlton Gardens. It was dark and there was only the odd person walking past. No one seemed to notice it. We were both looking up at it, and there seemed to be no one close by who was responsible for it.

Basically it appeared to be an elaborate LED array that was flashing and oscillating in a VERY predictable pattern. From a distance it looked like one source of light, but when I was standing directly under it I could see each individual LED flashing and changing colour. The flashing periodically gave the impression of rotation and movement etc.

I am not sure how it was suspended so high up in the sky. It was a night sky, so i could not see a balloon or tether. But i strongly suspect it was a balloon with an attached LED array which was tethered to a skyscraper nearby. The wind has carried the balloon over the park, which would have givien the illusion it was mysteriously floating over the park. You could see the "UFO" bobbing and swaying in the wind. It was stationary because it was tethered by a long piece of string and being pulled by the wind.

Why have I gone into detail, and what am I trying to say ? I'm saying to not get your knickers in a twist. There was nothing UFO like about it. It hovered there for hours on end, and I never saw it move from its position. Apart from the bobbing and swaying motion. It's also a lesson in how silly (or disingenuous) some people can be. It was VERY obviously strobing and flashing in a predictable pattern. Anyone with half a brain would have concluded that there was a mundane explanation about it. It appears to have been a publicity thing for a company. Some people are saying for a local beer company.

EDIT: It looked like the LED kite display that phage posted. The patterns and array were different, but that's basically what it looked like when I was standing under it. Sorry to disappoint you guys

edit on 23-9-2012 by Strangestar because: update

edit on 23-9-2012 by Strangestar because: correction

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Strangestar

Thanks for the detailed write-up. As I stated earlier, LED's are very distinguishable. At least for me, anyway. I'm an LED junky.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I was in that area that night, and I saw no flashing lights in the sky other than the usual helicopters that fly around.
However, the following happened to me that night:

Time: Midnight approx.
My Location: Carlton, Melbourne, Australia.
Object Location: CBD/Southbank, Melbourne, Australia.

I walked outside to the balcony of my girlfriend's 3rd story apartment (in Carlton) to have a cigarette. The balcony overviews the CBD, and Southbank direction. I looked to my left just casually observing the sky, but when I turned to my right, I saw something about the average size of a 4 door sedan speeding across the sky (moving from the right side of the sky to the left).

It didn't glow, and it had no flashing lights.
It made no sound whatsoever.
It wasn't metallic looking.
It looked like it had a matte-grey hue to it.
The shape of the object resembled that of an egg.

The flight pattern was very irregular. It changed it's direction and speed at an alarmingly fast rate.

At first it was traveling at an extremely fast pace in a straight line. Then it began to slow while increasing it's altitude. Just as it was coming into the path of the moon, it curved downwards and flew beneath my line of view of the moon (which allowed me to see the top of the object as more light reflected off it). It then slowed it's speed down, before turning 45degrees and shooting down in a straight line towards the ground at an incredible speed.

It was definitely too big to be a bird, and the shape of the object doesn't match up either.
The size and the speed of the object really has me stumped.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hey guys,

This happened pretty much directly over my friends apartment. He took some #ty iPhone photos but you cant really see anything other than a dot. He saw it on his balcony, says it was about 15 meters above the building, the size of a small vehicle, and had two rotary blades. Kind of like that 4 blade toy thing, but only two blades. Dark in color.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join