It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Displays Of Affection In Public

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I put a simple question to you.

Do you get upset when people give displays of affection, hugging and kissing, in public? I don't mean just homosexuals, but I mean when anybody does it?

I would surmise that some people don't like like seeing because it makes them realize how lonely they are, and they get jealous of those people.

So what do you think? Does it bother you?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
More fun to do than to watch.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Straight or not, It doesn't bother me, simple displays though, a hug, a kiss, holding hands.

What does is when it goes beyond that, at some point just get a room, making out and heavy petting on public display is different that simple affection.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I don't mind at all, I quite like it, although I am not too fond of two people sitting or standing in a bar/street etc and trying to suck each others tonsils out.......that's a bit too much......

But as for people walking hand in hand, arm in arm or with an arm around each other I think is nice to see regardless of sexuality.....

Better than people just walking around looking grumpy......

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I don't mind it either, unless they are dry humping then it's kind of absurd, borderline inappropriate. Especially when young children are around.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I dont see how some pda should ever bother others.

I hug and kiss my beautiful lady anytime, anywhere. Its valentines day for her year round

edit on 22-9-2012 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
When I see an older couple holding hands on a park bench I get seriously irritated and usually have to have a go at them or throw something at them. It's just not good manners.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Public displays of affection are great...they make me smile...don't care if it's hetero or homo.

Public displays of sexuality will get interrupted--usually by me yelling at the perps to "Get a Room!"

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
nope... just gays tbh. And... prolly nuns but hey...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Why would any one be offended at PDO? Only really lonely people or religious nutters would I suppose. Me, personally, it makes me happy to see people in love. It gives me a little bit of hope for humanity.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718
I dont see how some pda should ever bother others.

I hug and kiss my beautiful lady anytime, anywhere. Its valentines day for her year round

edit on 22-9-2012 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

Indeed, that's how my wife and I are. Whenever, wherever, and just LET someone say boo about it lol

I have no issue with PDA, long as it's not taken too far. There's private places for extreme PDA hehe

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I put a simple question to you.

Do you get upset when people give displays of affection, hugging and kissing, in public? I don't mean just homosexuals, but I mean when anybody does it?

I would surmise that some people don't like like seeing because it makes them realize how lonely they are, and they get jealous of those people.

So what do you think? Does it bother you?

Nope. To be fair though I do it frequently. Because if you have a problem with it, then it sucks to be you (Not the op specifically) .

But in all honesty what pisses me off is when people have a problem with PDA, just because you're either with someone who dislikes it or you're forever alone or any other number of reasons doesn't make it bad or strange or annoying in any fashion.

Okay that's not fair it's probably annoying to whomever doesn't like it but you're wrong.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I do not care for people engaging in PDA, it irritates me. For what reason must you express personal views in public? You will not see me do something like that but I also will not confront anyone over the issue. But, then again, I am, according to friends and family, “a prude”.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with what I would consider "normal" displays of affection in public- regardless of sexual preference. A hug, a quick kiss, even a quick squeeze of the bottom is okay with me. What I have a problem with is people who "make out" or whose display of affection is bordering on sexual foreplay. I don't want to see groping and tongue strangling or dry humping in public. And if I see it happening in a family orientated place with children present I say something. If it's at an adult only revenue I keep my opinion to myself.

top topics

join