It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Explain Our Relationship with Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I cannot understand why America has the policies it does with the State of Israel. I have read thousands of pages on the subject and still cannot understand the relationship. How can our policies be in the interest of America? It seems to me that our policies are not only harmful to America they are also detrimental to Israel and the rest of the world body. What I mean by this is that as long as we continue our present policies Israel will never have to account for its actions, or policies. Without accountability Israel will always be at odds with the rest of the world. Hopefully someone can explain to me about our relationship with Israel.

Respects,

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have a couple of links

www.aztlan.net...

(a bit biased but pretty much everything on the net seems to be)

www.mfa.gov.il...

(This one's purely objective and while it will give a historical grounding, may not provide the answers you are seeking)

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You've just opened the biggest can of worms in the world.

You are absolutely right. The U.S. would like to see a democratic nation in the middle east, but aside from that what is the reason? Surely there would be an easier way to get a foothold in that area. The only thing that actually explains this phenomenon is the religious aspect of the connection. In fact this topic is almost better suited in the Conspiracies in Religion section. I'm sure you can find lots of discussion on this subject there.

Basically the fact that the United States is based on a Judea-Christian background gives Israel an automatic boost in our eyes. Israel is, according to the Bible, God's chosen people, Not that they are individually better than other people, but as a whole are explained to be the people that God chose to reveal himself through. This is the basis that they have a most favored nation status with the U.S. I better stop if you want to keep this in a political forum. You can't explain it any other way, as you may have noticed.

join