It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange sounds over radio stations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Considering it is present, no mater where you tune the radio indicates that it is probably bleeding in through the radio’s IF chain. That is around 10.7mhz. It may be a sub harmonic of that frequency, around 5.35mhz or on down.

If the radio’s IF is a bit wide and the source is close, or wide, it may be the 13Mhz ISM band bleeding into it. Things like RF part heaters or diathermy machines.

In my own honest opinion, it sounds like a diathermy machine.
en.wikipedia.org...
I have heard some over the radio, and each brand, and type will have a different sound, and rhythm to it. They normally try to apply heat in waves to help sooth muscles. You will often hear them bleeding over the radio when you are around a nursing home. They are popular there.

The reason it is bleeding into your radio is you have a cheaply constructed radio. It doesn’t mater how much the sticker price on it was, the radio probably has very poor front end filtering (or none at all). And/or it has no shielding of the IF chain.

I would say you would find it if you had an HF radio and tuned through the 13mhz, 10mhz, 5mhz, and 3Mhz bands in that order.

If you don’t want to listen too it, then get a better radio.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
navigation and the localizer signal for a runway give modulation that can resonate, too
the localizer at your closest airport sends an "A" and a "N"....in morse code. when the two mix up you're on localizer!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

At 5 seconds it sounds like the opening beats to Steppenwolf's "Magic carpet Ride, and the rest of the video shows that the sound is being broadcasted over the stations broadcasts.

As it goes on, it sounds like a bunch of kids speeding on a motorcycle or as another poster said, whales in serious pain.

It also sounds as it his speakers are dying out - but he did claim that it stopped after a couple of hours.

The beeping noise is odd for an FM station along with the tapping and whooshing sounds, I'd expect those sounds with an AM station. It almost sounds like morse code, especially toward the end.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

No, no, no! It's got to be something much more unfounded and unlikly, like telepathic something or another to mess with our brainwaves. Far be it something common that those who don't listen to the ham bands aren't used to hearing.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
That sounds really freaky..There does seem to be a definite pattern to that noise..I have no idea what it is but i sure don't like it..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I was thinking the same thing right when I read this post. Binaural beats.
I listen to these too for meditation and I listened to them a few times when I went to sleep at night, because I read somewhere that they can help induce lucid dreaming, which I thought would be fun to have more of. Yeah. I'm weird too

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I've been building and listening to radio equipment all of my life and I don't hear anything but regular beat frequencies here. It really sounds like he is hearing more than one transmission at a time and that is exactly what causes beat frequencies.

I don't know all that much about monitoring these types of frequencies, but my first though was some type of interference, or something on the user's end of the chain. This is similar to what you are saying, and I think I will take your word for it considering you are much more experienced in this area that myself.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have no idea what that is, I know one thing though....... It gave me an "on edge" Feeling while listening to it, And now i have a headache, Like a tension headache behind my eyes.... Weird....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I'd suspect a radio gone bad and would have checked the radio in my vehicle to see if it were doing the same thing. I've heard various types of glitches with FM before, but usually does not last too long. One could not rule out space weather as being a cause either. The video should have tested on more than 1 radio to rule out the hardware as being the culprit.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
HASN'T ANYBODY SEEN SIGNS????????????

thats really creepy though i have a ham and im trying to find if there is any time or pattern when the sound repeats! but could be the radio i have heard crazier just not in pattern like that....

it reminded me of this though, the intervals are little off but wow is it similar!!!!!!!!!!!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-9-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I had wireless PA system that broke and started making a kind of similar noise when you turned on the microphone

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's interesting that many of you got headaches or felt pain. I was annoyed by it a bit but im sick right now so maybe that affected me so i didn't get affected. I know this is going to make you skeptical of me. But ive got threads where I state that Ive been attacked by voices and figured out how to manipulate the technology to make them quiet. Which is why this sounds like my name being called out via a telepathic or other signal converting to radio wave spectrums. About 6-8 months ago, maybe more i forget, i created a waveform with my brain and it was heard instantly by other house members.who thought it was my keyboard.

It went through the walls into the living room, i lived in a mansion at the time and had only small computer speakers, my roommate slept all the time so i rarely used them. Ive been looking for help officially but the government is too afraid to admit the truth because i think they have similar technology. Its purely mind control through fear and degradation. Since this technology exists they can go to any time? i think and target anyone which may explain the history of people who hear voices.

If im right, I caused the strange sounds and perhaps this wierd signal to expose the fact that schizophrenia is not a mental disorder, the insanity of having to hear those ***** you know whats causes the mental disorder, but i stayed strong and treated it like a military operation. Using all measures of reverse mind control and interogation techniques to uncover the greatest and worst secrets of all time. Not bragging by the way, just glad i only hear random telepathy, i no longer "hear" them but i sense the words in my brain, like a choppy CB signal only when im outside.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

What? You mean apply actual scientific methodology? That wouldn't be nearly as much fun as making armchair assumptions that aliens are taking over our neurons.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Probably nothing. Ever use a cb radio? Police scanner? Right now theres been a lot of "skip" on cb...thats when you can bounce your signal off the ionosphere and talk to very distant people with very low power. Its caused by yhe solar cycle and varies along with sunspots and solar flares. Along with it comes all sorts of interference and strange noises.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The poster's channel is all filled with #### like Nibiru etc.

Credibility: ZERO

It would be much more credible if a seasoned HAM radio operator would report strange noises - as opposed to some new-person who believes in HAARP and Nibiru. It's likely fake/disinfo, the usual fear-mongering and lies we see all the time from those kinds of people.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Probably nothing. Ever use a cb radio? Police scanner? Right now theres been a lot of "skip" on cb...thats when you can bounce your signal off the ionosphere and talk to very distant people with very low power. Its caused by yhe solar cycle and varies along with sunspots and solar flares. Along with it comes all sorts of interference and strange noises.

Exactly. What it comes down to is that in a radio, there is a whole pile of oscillating, analog circuits which are hooked up to a speaker. There is nothing mystical about it. The types of sounds that can be created by applying different input signals and tuning is practically endless.

People are not used to hearing all of those creepy sounds any more because generally, modern consumer radios auto tune to what are now relatively strong stations and auto mute when signals are not valid.

Ham operators, signal intelligence operators, radio design engineers, and anybody else that uses specialized radio receivers commonly hear a vast array of sounds like this. It's nothing new. In fact, the older the design of the radio, the more it is likely to do it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I believe niburu (planet x) is real. So do credible astronamers. Just because he has stuff on niburu doesn't mean his credibility is zero. Sometimes i think skeptics are just disinfo agents, some intent, some just deceiving themselves. I understand the brain doesn't want to believe theres higher powers manipulating our race, including our own governments or militaries. But someday there will be a sign that will convert your thinking..i hope.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Name a credible astronamer that believes in nibiru

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Could be normal interference or faulty euipment. Could be something stranger. Either way, if I'm in a cabin in the woods at night and this starts coming over the radio, I'm freaking out. That's some creepy sounding stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Probably a capacitor going bad in his radio.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join