It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Magazine Runs Cartoons That Mock Muhammad

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I feel a great many people on ATS are truly deluded as to what free speech specifically entails, does it mean you can preach your opinion in whatever disrespectful manner you wish? regardless of its consquences indirectly or directly.

I feel we are living in the generation of the TROLL.....who just secretely wishes to infuriate those whom he has a grudge with....simply because they cant walk up to them in a public or non public place and punch them in the face.

Freedom of speech is being used a scapegoat to conceal the true intentions of these malicius 'jokes' and insults.....

its very easy to conduct a respectful approach to free speech with out the use of vulgar tactics.....

Yours sincerely,

A fellow human being.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
'Christians do this and Muslims do that...'

There's a lot of generalising going on this thread.

If I didn't know better, I'd be thinking that all Christians and Muslims are like doo-wop bands singing in harmony and high-fiving under the street lights.

People are focusing on the extremists and ignoring the millions who don't give a rat's ass about media images.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

I don't know about you, but I would prefer not to have to formulate a speech every-time I wish to discuss something of political or religious value. I would also like to not have a lawyer to review my speech to insure I didn't insult someone.

I don't mind insults, do I respond to them? Yes, however, they don't keep me up at night. I usually forget about arguments very quickly, and I harbor no ill will. I do not mind heated debates at all. They are easy to recover from for me, and I respect your opinion, though I will do what I can to shoot your opinion down, if I fail, I will study more for the argument you used.

edit on 19-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I just finished seeing all the cartoons. Quiet funny I must say. You muslims don't have at all a sense of humour. Relax guys, is a genuine satire. Have a beer, a sandwich and a smile ....oopss, sorry. I forgot you don't drink and the sandwich has pork in it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

The difference is that if you do something that may have insulted Islam or the Prophet, Muslims will riot and kill innocent people. The people killed usually have nothing to do with the insult.

Christians will get offended but turn the other cheek.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Let's be clear about something here. This boils down to a couple of things...a bunch of uneducated people thinking that one of the few people capable of reading is helping them...this person tells them to be angry and break things...so they do. Second, it's about fear and intolerance. These few capable of reading do not like that the west may educate their servants and then the servants might not be servants anymore, they cannot tolerate the idea of "free people". And third...get real folks, the French might be doing us all a favor...they are going to draw this thing out and it can finally be stepped on and broken once and for all.

If they want to live in ignorance and oppression within the borders of their third world sewer holes...fine...feel free. But when you cross the border into the real world...you ARE going to behave in a civilized manner and be tolerant of the people around you and their opinions.

Lastly...those of you willing to give up freedom to pacify these extremists need to remember..."Those that would sacrifice Liberty for security will lose both and deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin...

I cannot hear the cries of the haters calling for someone's speech to be silenced...

edit on 19-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I forgot about that quote. Love it. Though Benji was ... i don't know .. a psycho?

2nd.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ok so we just had a major uproar because a French magazine published fuzzy pictures of Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, chebs which she chose to expose.

And now we are complaining because Muslims are in uproar because a French magazine is publishing jokes about their Prophet.

I mean who is more important, Kate or Mohammad, or should they both be shown the same respect ?

Edit to add ..... part of me thinks the whole Kate tits out was done on purpose so they can say look our Kate is more revered than your Mohammed.

Personally I don't give a rats ass about Kate or her tits .... but Muslims pray to Mohammad many times every day and lead their lives according to his teachings. I would say he is infinitly more important than Kate or any Royal.

edit on 19-9-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
Great to see everyone here is on the same wave length, It's completely disgusting that they still continue to do this despite the reaction from Muslims all over the world. Sure this will and has to be the beginning of a war that at first will be branded religious, only later to be realized as WWIII.

I was also watching news yesterday and every suicide bomb that took place was labelled as a retaliation towards the west for insulting their religion. Quit funny considering this [SNIP] has been happening for [SNIP] 10 years now.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 19-9-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

Ever heard of freedom of speech?? These same people you are talking about does the same with west and even constantly make death threats agains us. Why is these cartoons worse than that?
If they want to go to war over something so small, then that is their problem. They have no chance in winning against the west anyways.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

So you're comparing the "uproar" of Kate being photographed with her top off which consisted of no one really giving a damn apart from the mainstream media wanting people to give a damn so they can justify this as being "news".
And comparing this to thousands upon thousands of people rioting in the streets across the world to the point where people have been killed because of a badly dubbed movie?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Judging by the rationale set by many of the replies here, I can threaten to kill anybody who defames an image of my god or goddess and then it will be you who are at fault for my violent reaction?

Ridiculous. Religious extremism is simply that. Screw them if they can't take a joke.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

Yes. I'm noting the hypocracy of the west who are intolerant of petty embarrassment of a fake idol, whilst dismissing the outrage of an entire religion that feels abused.

Got it ?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Good for the French.

Although, are we sure it was not actually the CIA,or Black Ops, I mean, it must be the fault of the U.S., somehow, right? Oh, wait, no, it must be a Mossad event, those darn Jews!

This is just satire,and they need to get over it for pete's sake. I don't claim to know what games the people with the power and the money play to twist peoples emotions, or incite violence, but I do know this; a lot of people, globally, are getting fed up with this extremist b.s. from some of the Muslims.

If you can't laugh at yourself, you take life waaaay too seriously.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

en.wikipedia.org... they did it once for the greater benifit of europe say what you want about the french but they tend to make a stand when its necessary

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Here we go again...

You know, if this so-called prophet was such a righteous fellow, why would those who follow his 'divine' proclamations care what others think or say about him, his purported dubious actions or, indeed, the Qur'an?

Are not all the "disbelievers" and those "gone astray" condemned to burn in the "Fire" (Hell / perdition) anyway? Or am I to understand that these 'miscreants' could slip through Allâh's screening system and sneak into "paradise"?!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Yes. I'm noting the hypocracy of the west who are intolerant of petty embarrassment of a fake idol, whilst dismissing the outrage of an entire religion that feels abused.

Got it ?

Huh?!

Them titty pics is sweet!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
My question is, who even knows what Muhammad looks like seriously??? Slap a turban on his head and a goatee and that's supposed to be Muhammad? They didn't exactly have cameras back then. So draw a pic of some random arab and write muhammad next to it and that's supposd to be him?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I forgot about that quote. Love it. Though Benji was ... i don't know .. a psycho?

2nd.

He sat around naked on his porch taking "air baths" in his rocking chair. I think that qualifies as not playing with a fulldeck, especially in the 1700's.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

I have to say incorrect on your view. If you are party to any religious ideals you already insult any other religion that holds separate ideals. Honestly a cartoon, movie or any joke still acknowledges the religion and lends credibility to it's existence. However belonging to a separate theology means you discredit their god from existing. So how long do you think your religion will last if appeasement of these fears continues? Don't think their god would allow yours to exsist nor you for that matter. Remember mohamed conquered through force not peacefull resistance. I just came to the conclusion this fight is going to happen one way or another in fact it's already kicked off hasn't it?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
You mean Mohammad, the guy that works down the street at the donair shop?? Hairy beer belly Mohammad? Him naked? ewwhhhhh!

edit on 19-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join