It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ridge: Border security a success - Oh really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Tom Ridge, on a stop in Ottawa, stated that Boder security is working and people are being stopped from coming into the USA every day.

There isn't a day that goes by -- literally -- where a couple of people aren't turned away at our borders because they are associated in some manner, shape or form with terrorist or terrorist-related organizations,"

cnews.canoe.ca...

A couple of people? What about the thousands that are apparently crossing the border???

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Tom Ridge, on a stop in Ottawa, stated that Boder security is working and people are being stopped from coming into the USA every day.

There isn't a day that goes by -- literally -- where a couple of people aren't turned away at our borders because they are associated in some manner, shape or form with terrorist or terrorist-related organizations,"

cnews.canoe.ca...

A couple of people? What about the thousands that are apparently crossing the border???

I agree. I hate Ridge!
I find what he says so offensive. He's nothing but a liar IMO. Our borders aren't secure. He just wants you to think they are so that he can stay in power.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
I agree. I hate Ridge!
I find what he says so offensive. He's nothing but a liar IMO. Our borders aren't secure. He just wants you to think they are so that he can stay in power.

Ridge? Stay in power? I believe he has already talked about retiring hasn't he?

And as far as border security goes... The couple of people they are turning away at the officials entry points are a joke. How about the hundreds coming across the borders where there are no check points? Sounds to me like he doesn't read the newspapers either.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Ridge? Stay in power? I believe he has already talked about retiring hasn't he?

Gosh, I hope you're right!
I certainly don't like him.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yup, I found the article, then my browser went haywire, but he says we will not serve another term so he can go into private business.

I'll get it again and post it for ya.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well they stopped one of the most Notorious Terrorists, err I mean Golfers today,

Yahoo!News
Golf superstar Tiger Woods and his bride, Elin Nordegren, honeymooning aboard the yacht, Privacy, were barred from the port of San Juan because they hadn't met the anti-terror security requirements, the US Coast Guard confirmed.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
www.usatoday.com

USA Today 7/13/2004
WASHINGTON (AP) � Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge is considering stepping down after the November election, telling colleagues he is worn out from the massive reorganization of government and needs to earn money in the private sector to put his teenage children through college, officials said.

You won't have Tom Ridge to kick around any more.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
www.usatoday.com

USA Today 7/13/2004
WASHINGTON (AP) � Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge is considering stepping down after the November election, telling colleagues he is worn out from the massive reorganization of government and needs to earn money in the private sector to put his teenage children through college, officials said.

You won't have Tom Ridge to kick around any more.

MY bet - - he gets a huge Government contract for "security" work and then gets to bill for 'cost overruns'!

Secure Border? I can drive from the U.S. to Mexico back and forth all day and all night and the Border Patrol has no idea!

[edit on 16-10-2004 by Chuck Stevenson]

top topics

join