It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan factory fire.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

I havent seen anything on ats in the last 30 hours regarding this fire in pakistan that has so far killed 289 people. the factory made clothing for western countries.

my question is this......can you see a point in the future where these countries or victims will sue the western worlds companies that are participating in what really is "slave labour" for the poor conditions ?.

what im thinking of is that america, australia, europe...we have all seen our jobs disapear overseas to these third world countries just so that these greedy greedy companies can increase their profits. can you see a time in the future where it might really come back to bite them on the bum when the victims sue these companies under some sort of "profit from crimes" charges?
edit on 14-9-2012 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2012 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Nope. I don't see them all suing the Western billionaires, because they're too poor. The Western billionaires only choose countries that are very poor or in huge debt so they can manipulate the workforce.

The workers there are so far down the poverty ladder that they can't afford to suing the hand that pays/feeds them.

If they did sue the billionaires, where will they get paid from? Where will they get food from?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Blaming the West again? Typical I suppose.

The West did not point a gun at the pakistani factory owner's head and told him what to do and what price to sell. He alone preferred to sell out his own people than to help them, paying them a pittance and without a concern for their well being for a safe and better condition environment to work in.

I just find the fire strange....

The christian girl child who was falsely accused of burning pages of the Koran and kept locked up in a pakistani jail was finally recently freed on bail, and the imman was testified by others as slipping those pages into her bag himself.

The child told reporters of how terrified she was, and how the community threatened to burn her family with her inside the house one day.

Few days later...this...terrible fire occured...naturally happened with the factory owner's blatant disregard for safety,common throughout Pakistan.....with thousands trapped inside...and hundreds burnt alive.....

I am only human. Condolences to the families, and may those pakistani religious fanatics wake up...

edit on 14-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

join