It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, people of America, this not the behavior of our Islam | Libya

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I know I will be attacked but... this is a bunch of crap! You must work for the Obamanation.
Before you attack me think… These pictures come out right after the attacks and killings? Come on. Where did these people come from? Just throw these posters together and came running out of their houses into the streets. Or did they have the posters already made. Ask yourself, have you seen even half of this outpouring of remorse from the muslims in this country? Let’s make it easier, have you heard any sympathy from any muslim group in this country? Ok let’s make it easier, have you heard any muslim group in any country show sympathy for what was done? I’m not talking about who barrack hussien Obama and Hillary have said was sympathetic. Have you actually heard or saw “live” or recorded SAY they were sympathetic to the US? Now attack me if you feel you are right. I want to be proven wrong. After 911 everyone from the president on down told me how sorry the muslim nation was for the attacks and murders. I didn’t hear one, not one muslim say it. Did you. Give me the u-tube link, please. Prove me wrong, please!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Found a few more pics and brace yourselves, there's another couple sharing a sign, this time it isn't a man and a child but a woman and a man! And btw, I like their sign.

The link to the pictures in my original post has reached over 200,000 so good news these pictures are being seen and spread!

www.buzzfeed.com...

And then I found 19 more

www.buzzfeed.com...

edit on 13-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nice, but......Eh hemmm, 4 men were killed because of muslim outrage over absolutely nothing. So which is it.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This a beautiful thing, I hope it is for real because this is the first time I have ever seen a Muslim speak out agenst the fundamentalist................I hope they are not the next target.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DangerMcBacon
Nice, but......Eh hemmm, 4 men were killed because of muslim outrage over absolutely nothing. So which is it.

The peaceful protesters weren't the ones who attack the embassy. Terrorists did and Libya is full of Al Qaeda and god know who else thanks to their civil war. Do we all get this? Libya is full of terrorists at the moment. Libya, from what I read online, was hard on terrorists when Gaddafi was in power but that all changed and all the terrorist in Libyan prisons were set free during the civil war. Those who set them free were fellow terrorists and "freedom fighters".

Anyway, here's a news clip from Aljazeera that explains what happened.

Libya launches probe into US embassy attack

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
From the looks of CNN at 5:26pm est. It's looks like your Islam is in a hissy fit, over a damn video on Youtube. I would'nt claim it as Mine either. Islam that is......

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Swills

This is not a rant, but a calm observation. These Muslims claiming that most don't agree with the extremist views don't even question why god/allah would allow his religion to be used in ways that is so violent and deadly. Does allah not have the power to stop it? If not, then he is not a god.

Also, if you were a member of a club, and some members take the club rules to mean abusing and murdering non-club members is mandatory, what do you do?

First, you shut down the club!
Second, you go after the killers!

What you don't do is tell the public, "Hey, sorry, some of don't approve of these extremist views." Not agreeing with these views doesn't stop the killing.

I feel for these people, but if they want to make their religion a beacon of light in the world, then they have to go after the extremists and put them down hard.

Probably the most sensible post on here.

Every tiime this # happens there are the muslims that prattle on about "Oh, this is not Islam, blah blah blah..."

And yet, they pay lip service, but do nothing but say "Yeah, sorry about that, but that wasn't us."

The day Islamic countries go on a hunt for these assholes (a true hunt, not "We're looking into it.") is the day I will start taking them seriously.

I mean, seriously. Somehow insulting "Allah" makes their god null and void? It's absurd and ridiculous. People talk # about Jesus and Christianity all the time, but they don't start burning cars, killing people and starting fires. Good grief I am tired of these 8th century cretins. And no, not all muslims are this way, but far too many turn a blind eye to the # being done in the name of their religion.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Umm, yeah thanks, we all are fully aware Islam is not happy with that stupid movie. That movie was made only to piss of Islam and give extremist & their friends a reason to justify terror.

So what's your point? And you wouldn't claim Islam as your own? Alrighty, what do you claim?
edit on 13-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Nice to see some more pictures come up, as I have said, not every Muslim is sneaking around plotting some terrorist action....but as one poster said, The moderates need to seriously root out the extremists and TAKE CARE OF THEM.

reply to post by detachedindividual

Why does this straw man argument always come up in these threads?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
While I appreciate the sentiment here unfortunately this does not represent the majority of muslim views. If you turn the news on right now whether it be in America or England or anywhere else for that matter you will find that the muslim population is hell bent on causing as much damage and destruction to the west as possible. They are enraged with a hatred so deep and engraved that it really for me only compares to how the Nazis behaved.

I am sick to the back teeth of these scumbags behaving the way they do and it has to stop. No one and I repeat No one should ever loose their life over a bloody film, cartoon or flimsy allegation. My patience is seriously wearing thin..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

When my husband told me about the first attack I did not want to come online, I will be honest because I did not want to deal with the anti muslim sentiment, since I am (Shi'ah) Muslim. But I am happy to see this, one of the first threads I decided to open on the topic, because I see many people here understand, this is about politics and political ploys and not one thing to do with the religion.

I am sorry for all those killed and/or injured, my prayers are with them and with their families.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

dear, that is almost impossible to do when the US is FUNDING their activities!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB
this is about politics and political ploys and not one thing to do with the religion.

I agree with this, but perhaps not on the same level you might. The folks behind this never ending BS need to be called out by the world once and for all. Strings are being pulled and it's too obvious not to see it anymore, it's got to stop.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I am sickened by some of the responses here. Hate for the sake of hate. I remember seeing some Muslims denouncing terrorism in the past. The response? "Why not more?" Now there's more and it's, "Don't believe them." People point out that kids are holding these signs so it must be propaganda but they are also the first to say, "Kids are suicide bombers as well." Hypocrisy at its finest. I need a frickin shower.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So, here's the deal.
I've often posted in here regarding the frequent violence shown by adherents to Islam. I've often stated my belief that the Quran is inherently violent, as was its founder, Mohammed... and that the core of the problem lies therein.

I wish more people would take the stand that these people have.
I really do. This is exactly what it's going to take... people rejecting violence on the basis of ideology. Whatever ideology that may be. So... credit where it's due. This took a lot of courage.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks so much for the apology.

As an American, I'd like to apologize as well -- since our government hasn't done so officially;
I apologize for funding a group of terrorists in Libya via the CIA to overthrow your government, because they weren't joining the world bank and planning to trade in non-us currencies.

I apologize for invading Iraq -- because Saddam kicked out oil companies and didn't want to trade in US dollars or have the world bank run his country (you'll notice this trend in ALL our enemies).

I apologize to Venezuela, for our CIA trying to assassinate the leader at least 4 times, because he didn't join the world bank.

I apologize to Afghanistan, because they have resources some corporations want, drug companies wanted more Opi-um, Bush family members and black ops wanted drug trade money, and because you are strategically located on the gas pipeline that would fuel India and decide their future alliances -- oh, and you weren't with the World Bank.

I apologize to the Democracy of Lebanon, who got US support in the Israeli bombing of their country -- they don't even have armed forces. Of course, with our real-time satellite support, it was a slam-dunk that only hospitals and schools and innocent people got hurt, nobody from Hamas was harmed. Apparently, it was because soldiers were kidnapped from Israel -- but what are soldiers doing kidnapping duly elected leaders anyway? I'm too tired to check if you are members of the World Bank.

I apologize to Iran ahead of time. I know we've been helping keep the Theocrats in power by scaring some of your rational and moderate citizens into an extremist position. The US was really popular in your country amongst the youth -- but the warmongers have done their best to make you hate us. It's just business. I apologize for the CIA funding an al Qaeda group of terrorists called the Mech, even though your nation sent troops into Afghanistan to fight with the USA because you really don't like al Qaeda. Apparently, we still give them money even though we blame them for stuff and bomb countries with fewer members than we've got in South Florida. You also don't have membership in the World Bank, so you are on the menu.

I apologize to heros like Bradley Manning, Julian Assange and all the whistleblowers who have been crushed by our empire. You got in the way.

To everyone I forgot -- I apologize.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
"It's a trap!" Admiral Ackbar's scene from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. they are trying to do the same thing robbers do with an empty gun when they point it at the cops...death by cops. they need the streets to run with blood for their 12 imam to come.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Religion allows one to take offence to such an extent that in defending god we think it right to kill?

No, that is a human idea. I am justified because god would require me to defend him so?

No

god requires defence? No, he must surely rise above that?

god does not exist? -closer

When did a civilised society get upset about a cartoon, film or any other tablet or media and walk into the east and kill a man that helped their country over throw a tyrant? Why do we not take offence at death in the same way as thousands do about a written word?

it is just an unruly few...maybe, but it looks like thousands to me burning flags and shouting death to the west, know what your enemy looks like and accept no apology from anyone without a sense of reason or perspective.

mad fantasists preaching and practising murder on masse are rightly to be feared and suspected and ridiculed for their lack of control anger and primitive wonder lust at what is to most of us perfectly obvious factual sentiment of an every day nature that offends no one but the weak minded bigot.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Darkstar74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join