It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is any other states voting early? North Carolina is.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
North Carolina is having early voting through Oct. 30.

My question is, what happened to November? I was watching the news and it showed people at the polls, in long lines, waiting to cast their ballot, TODAY!

And it's going to run through the 30th of Oct.

Is their any other states doing the same thing?

Here's the link to the story!

www.wsoctv.com...

Here's the times and locations!

www.wsoctv.com...

Should this be illegal, considering that the first Tuesday in November is the traditionally recognized day to vote? Is it a ploy by the Democratic Party? This is the first I've ever heard about "the October vote."

The voters were trying to avoid the anticipated long lines on Nov. 2.

Well, I guess the rest of the patient voters who can wait until Nov. 2, won't have much of a line to wait in.

What's next? Christmas will be November 30?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well being from NC and listieng to legistlation about this I think all states should have this. ITs called one stop voting. Any resident can do this so you dont actually ahve to be in the state coem Nov. 2. WE have 2 large active military bases and many people comming and goin. Its an easier way then some absentee ballets and it ensures your vote if soemthing went haywire on election day. ALl states whould offer this if only fro the fact if you feel like makeing a last minute trip to Vega you can and not miss your vote. Also if the terrorist try to pull a attack and do liek they did in spain my vote iwll be counted or swayed like the spanish voters were.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
ITs called one stop voting. Any resident can do this so you dont actually ahve to be in the state coem Nov. 2.

I remember when I was young, as in elementary school young, the schools were closed on election day and when I got old enough to vote, employers encouraged their employees to get off early enough to get to the polls.

Super Tuesday use to mean something. It was almost like a holiday. Now, it's as meaningless as June 19th.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It sucks, frankly - but I don't think it will bear too much relevance. North Carolina is firmly Republican.

top topics

join