It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big brother watching our children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Delaware Schools Database on school children

I find this profiling very disturbing, this can easily be used for all the wrong reasons.

They will have a complete workup for each child to determine naughty or nice and assign a ranking to everyone of them statewide. These are dark times indeed, very dark.

Big Brother is alive and well.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yep, schools should definitely not keep records of the students. What kind of horrible world is this where teachers have a clue about how their students are doing. Outrageous!
edit on 10-9-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 3litechasr

Yes, Orwell's "1984" is alive and well. This has been going on for years, but not in a group database. The same information used to be in each students individual file. Ain't computer technology grand?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I want to take a minute to thank liberals for completely decimating the public school system(s) across the country over the past 60 years.
It is remarkable that in just a few generations, their union-based "reforms" have managed to completely dismantle the once proud US School system.

I'm sure they are going to do an equally efficient job at destroying the US healthcare infrastructure.....once the pride of the world.....

-Chris

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christosterone

I want to take a minute to thank liberals for completely decimating the public school system(s) across the country over the past 60 years.
It is remarkable that in just a few generations, their union-based "reforms" have managed to completely dismantle the once proud US School system.

I'm sure they are going to do an equally efficient job at destroying the US healthcare infrastructure.....once the pride of the world.....

-Chris

You just don't get it Chris - It's not a Right vs Left issue.

It's Globalist Royalty vs Useless Eaters.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

huh ? its a computerised school records file - this is the 21st century

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christosterone

-Chris

When Jimmy Carter signed the Dept. of Education Organization Act, in '79 the US was ranked pretty high among industrialized nations. Can't find the exact number right now, but the ranking was high and holding steady. Today we are ranked #18 out of 36 and losing ground at a steady pace.

Personally I see the data base as an obvious step. I can not find a reason to be against it, but I'm listening.

edit on 10-9-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think the obvious is being overlooked...the teachers and schools already know who the troubled/ at-risk students are.

Why do we need a state operated system that builds a biographical database for each and every student. IMHO this is over reaching and unnecessary.

What purpose does it truly serve?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
What's the problem. It just sounds like a tool teachers need to do their jobs and target resources.

As a parent, I expect teaching staff to put two and two together and work coherently.

Regards

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3litechasr
I think the obvious is being overlooked...the teachers and schools already know who the troubled/ at-risk students are.

No they don't. The whole point is to see tendencies.
Of course everyone knows about George who's almost never in class in any subject. The point is to fetch those who are starting to have problems. It is interesting for a teacher to see if a student's performance has dropped just in that class, or overall.
If just in that class, the teacher can ask why that is. If overall, the teachers can talk among themselves to figure out what is going on, before trying to help the kid.

And that's just an example.

top topics

join