It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How lame is Romney if Obama is leading him in the polls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Why didn't the Republicans nominate a sock puppet?

Romney, your father was a looser and you are a looser, too!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
*grabs popcorn*

edit on 8-9-2012 by plank because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofonehunlo

looser

comparative of loose (Adjective)Adjective: 1.Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth".
2.Not held or tied together; not packaged or placed in a container: "wear your hair loose".

Fair enough... most politicians are a little detached from reality...

edit on 8-9-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

ffs i wanted to make fun that they can't spell 'loser'.
life isn't fair.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
reply to post by Akragon

ffs i wanted to make fun that they can't spell 'loser'.
life isn't fair.

A rose by any name.

Goodnight all.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
that might be the winter of your discontent.
but damn it, i want my monkeyman!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

looser

comparative of loose (Adjective)Adjective: 1.Not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached: "a loose tooth".
2.Not held or tied together; not packaged or placed in a container: "wear your hair loose".

Fair enough... most politicians are a little detached from reality...

edit on 8-9-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

haha you made me laugh so much.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Allow me to turn that question around."How lame are the American sheeple if Obama is leading in the polls?" Wake up! Obama doesn't care about you,or America. Just my opinion,yours may vary.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hope you all get the point.

Three times as many Americans are going on welfare each month as are getting jobs.

In about forty years 100% of all Americans will be on welfare.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Actually, you're not too far off from the truth

Yep, we're not going to be working soon.

www.nytimes.com...

The falling costs and growing sophistication of robots have touched off a renewed debate among economists and technologists over how quickly jobs will be lost. This year, Erik Brynjolfsson and Andrew McAfee, economists at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, made the case for a rapid transformation. “The pace and scale of this encroachment into human skills is relatively recent and has profound economic implications,” they wrote in their book, “Race Against the Machine.” In their minds, the advent of low-cost automation foretells changes on the scale of the revolution in agricultural technology over the last century, when farming employment in the United States fell from 40 percent of the work force to about 2 percent today. The analogy is not only to the industrialization of agriculture but also to the electrification of manufacturing in the past century, Mr. McAfee argues. “At what point does the chain saw replace Paul Bunyan?” asked Mike Dennison, an executive at Flextronics, a manufacturer of consumer electronics products that is based in Silicon Valley and is increasingly automating assembly work. “There’s always a price point, and we’re very close to that point.”

Yeah, so pretty soon, we'll all be on welfare...but a welfare that allows us to do anything, go anywhere, and be anything we wanted to be.

Smile, your world is coming down around you as the Kali Yuga ends!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Yeah, George Romney,.....he was just a scumbag and racist slime wasn't he?

I just don't know how anyone could think otherwise.... Look what company Romney's father was known to keep and what crazy causes he marched for. Oh..wait...that's a civil rights march, isn't it? Still a loser tho. Has to be....somehow.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, George Romney,.....he was just a scumbag and racist slime wasn't he?

I just don't know how anyone could think otherwise.... Look what company Romney's father was known to keep and what crazy causes he marched for. Oh..wait...that's a civil rights march, isn't it? Still a loser tho. Has to be....somehow.

What does George Romney have to do with this besides nothing?

Here's a pic of Mittens supporting the Vietnam war right before he fled to France.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I couldn't agree more.. What DOES George Romney have to do with the price of tea in China? It was the OP who said "Romney, your father was a looser and you are a looser, too!"

Interesting choice of words to open a rant.....but so ill informed, in my opinion, as to the actual man that I had to note something about how deep in the Civil Rights Movement and actually working around and with Martin Luther King Jr. George Romney had been.

Whatever people think about Mitt, this isn't another Bush dynasty with Prescott Bush leading a family tradition of shady dealing and outright dirty laundry. By all accounts, Mitt's father was one of the good guys....as far as ANY politician can ever be.

* By the way..... One of the better Presidents in actual performance numbers for 30 years (Bill Clinton) protested the Vietnam war from Moscow, Russia. You don't GET any worse than that....yet..he turned out one of the better leaders...so this Vietnam business with EVERY candidate really is a dog that doesn't hunt. It never did unless someone was outright shameful in their service)

edit on 8-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
lol nvm

edit on 8-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
(Original being replied to was self snipped...so reply is as well.
)
edit on 8-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

George was one of the good guys?

Like Father Like Son, George and Mitt Romney

In 1970, George Romney launched a new program for financing federal housing projects using mortgage-backed securities. Thats right! Mortgage backed securities. You know, those lovely financial instruments that played such a major role in our current housing bubble and economic downturn. In fact, one might argue that it was George Romney who laid the groundwork for the entire Community Reinvest Act which was passed into law under Jimmy Carter just a few years later and then expanded by Bill Clinton. The scandal itself should sound familiar, too.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Ummm... You're talking about something the article says he did...which laid the groundwork for something later passed into Law by Jimmy Carter and expanded on by Bill Clinton....decades after it was partially his idea.

So.. his idea..which became the baby of two Democrat Presidents, not to mention Dodd and Franks later on ..but that really is getting off into the woods for topic....but his mere idea makes him bad?

Personally, the original idea is another of the good ones. Heck Social Security and the original New Deal programs were good ideas too. They got warped and abused into something hideous over time....but you're actually showing another point that I'd say makes George Romney a pretty good guy.

A President could do worse than having had that as a Father and role model to grow up to.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
He changed his tune.
The story behind the above protest:

In May 1966 Mitt Romney participated in a protest against a group of students had taken over the office of Stanford President Wallace Sterling, setting himself up in support of the institution of a test that was a first step toward the Vietnam-era draft.
(He was 19 years old).

By age 23 he saw it differently, like his father, who was on Nixon cabinet.

. He once spoke out against the Vietnam War. In 1970, a 23-year-old Mitt Romney was interviewed in The Boston Globe about the Vietnam War. "If it wasn't a political blunder to move into Vietnam, I don't know what is."

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

He supported the war then dodged the draft. He's scummmmmmmmmm.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The draft wasn't a factor for calling him by the time he became eligible. It was never relevant as I discovered in doing research on his Missionary work for the LDS in France. It's possible he had that in mind earlier in life for his Missionary time (It's traditional in the LDS) but the war had past him by when he was actually the right age. We'll never know.

Thankfully...by sheer age alone..this will be the last Candidate we ever have to hear the Vietnam this and that with over war records and what each man did by conscience, courage or cowardice. At least that little bit will be a relief.

new topics

top topics

join