It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Duper Sticks and Stones?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Man has gone from stick, to spear, to arrow, to missile, to smart bomb, each more deadly than the last. He has gone from stone, to sling shot, to catapult, to cannon, to pistol, to rifle, to machine gun. We now have the ability to detonate a weapon and destroy an entire city, but apparently that just isn't good enough.
The current technology is all about drones, remote operated machines that can sneak up undetected and kill any person on the planet while the operator eats a sandwich. I think it is no coincidence that an entire generation of kids grew up playing Call of Duty and other war games right before this technology reared it's ugly head.
With all the problems we have on this planet I think it's kind of ridiculous to waste talent and technology on new ways to kill people, we have plenty of options already. Plus, as with most military hardware, it's only a matter of time before the bad guys get their paws on the technology.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

it's only a matter of time before the bad guys get their paws on the technology.

That would depend on your definition of "the bad guys" , I would argue that the bad guys already have them .

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
Man has gone from stick, to spear, to arrow, to missile, to smart bomb, each more deadly than the last. He has gone from stone, to sling shot, to catapult, to cannon, to pistol, to rifle, to machine gun. We now have the ability to detonate a weapon and destroy an entire city, but apparently that just isn't good enough.
The current technology is all about drones, remote operated machines that can sneak up undetected and kill any person on the planet while the operator eats a sandwich. I think it is no coincidence that an entire generation of kids grew up playing Call of Duty and other war games right before this technology reared it's ugly head.
With all the problems we have on this planet I think it's kind of ridiculous to waste talent and technology on new ways to kill people, we have plenty of options already. Plus, as with most military hardware, it's only a matter of time before the bad guys get their paws on the technology.

And the truly frightening part: No weapon has ever been deemed too dangerous to be used. Sooner or later, mankind WILL find a reason to set off every nuclear weapon on the planet. It WILL happen.

top topics

join