It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays have the right to marry and always have

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Marriage is a Union between a man and women. The laws about marriage are there to protect the interest of a family, should they choose to raise a family, it is set up so that it protects the rights of the family and most importantly children.

Gays have always had the right to marry. They have always had that right. Just not to marry one of the same sex. It is not to protect your right to do whatever you please. The laws set fourth are there to protect the family unit.

If one wants to reinvent the wheel. The burden should not fall on the rest of society.

God said, go fourth and multiply.

Last time I checked and some basic anatomy tells that thats not possible without male and female parts.

Besides, what happens if one day someone decides they are no longer gay. I suppose we should accommodate your divorce too and spilt up the property between groom and groom or wife and wife?

What else can we do to make you happy?

My guess is, that we could move heaven and earth for you and you still wouldn't be happy, would you?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycombGod said, go fourth and multiply.
How simplistic. You are assuming your god is everybody's god. Why so worried about what other folks are doing when they drop their knickers, anyway? I've always regarded that sort of prurient interest...unseeming.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Marriage is a Religious institution that the State adopted for lack of any real choice. What were they going to do, rename it? lol... It is, however, a religious institution between man and woman. There isn't fine print for Man and Man or Woman and Woman. It is what it is....and religious people would likely be far less touchy on the whole thing if redefining what existed centuries before any current standing Government weren't the whole point.

Personally... I did the marriage thing and found it very unimpressive. That led to divorce..and a real desire for something ELSE as a heterosexual. I've always been 100% behind Civil Unions or whatever someone wants to call it...and for BOTH Gay and Straights who flat out don't want any part of the Religious title and Union of Marriage per say.

There is no reason Marriage should be the ONLY option, especially when calling it secular is a joke and everyone knows it. 100% TOTAL equality in every legal way by Civil Union. No half way measures..100% equal. That would work.

Just my opinion..and I might be among the first Heteros to use it in my state.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

My guess is, that we could move heaven and earth for you and you still wouldn't be happy, would you?

I am somewhat confused about your rant.

Yes, anyone (gay, straight, wavy or what have you) has the right to marry. But not all US states allow it yet.

Are you referring to "gay" couples who wish to marry in a State where it isn't legal yet?

If not, then what else are they asking for?

edit on 7-9-2012 by Xquizit because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Never mind that numerous studies find that children raised in Homosexual households are just as well adjusted as children raised in Heterosexual households.

Never mind that Homosexuality is found in many different species and thus Homosexuality is for all intensive purposes older than modern humans and therefore just as natural as Heterosexuality and, oh say, breathing.

Never mind that Homosexuals can not marry(in all places) because if they were to marry under your example they would not be Homosexuals, they would be Heterosexuals.

If you disregard all of that your argument makes perfect sense.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Miri08 because: spelling and an add on

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

The institution of marriage, the union of a man and a woman, would not be marginalised if gays were to marry.

My marriage to my wife is not determined by someone else marrying another of the same sex.

If gays want to get married, call it a marriage, then they should be allowed to do so.

Just because they call it marriage, doesn't MAKE it a marriage. They could call it grilled-cheese sandwich. But just because they call it that, won't magically make it so.

And since a couples marriage is not contingent on anyone else, then it wouldn't harm the institution of marriage.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

God said, go fourth and multiply.

ok...I say, god sucks X 2 = freedom for you!

BTW - imagine if you took the time to think for yourself...you may find life more challenging, but the pay-offs dwarf group think.

edit on 7-9-2012 by facelift because: change out a vowel...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

The OP will probably be dead in 40 years. Based on the inanely haughty manner in which the OP so righteously speaks, I'm betting they are are over 35 (if not, dear lord I'll have some cleaning to do when I get grasp the reigns of power...kidding).

On a serious note, it'll die out. The ignorance always does, for the most part. Hopefully. Maybe. We have work to do.

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by thehoneycombGod said, go fourth and multiply.
How simplistic. You are assuming your god is everybody's god. Why so worried about what other folks are doing when they drop their knickers, anyway? I've always regarded that sort of prurient interest...unseeming.

The problem is, the OP's God is everyone's God. The OP simply doesn't understand how to listen to God. If God has spoken words that are not of love, then those are not God's words. Simple fact. We'll learn it more readily as out technology progresses in the next few decades.

edit on 7-9-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Amen to that!

C'mon, wake up to the 21st Century would'ya. No matter what gender, sexual preference, color.... We are all "human" and should be treated equally.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Im assuming that our creator, created us all the same and with the same parts, male or female. It's not a religious belief. Its anatomical.
edit on 7-9-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Not real clever as race mixing is biblical.
In fact Christians who believe in the word of God see humanity created equal. Just sinners
The suggestion that mixing races is against Gods word is ludicrous.

Wow you must feel silly now.
40 years from now people will still be accepting the bible as Gods word. Its been nearly two thousand years and you think you can overcome that...Ba Bow, wrong.
edit on 7-9-2012 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

No offense, but slavery ended over 100 years ago. Get over it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Live together for over 6 months most places and it's considered common law marriage. That doesn't matter wether you are gay or straight.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Source please.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I never understood the mentality of people inserting themselves in others life decisions. What's even more silly is using religion to justify oppression, and that's exactly what's being done. Call it what you like, but at the end of the day it's oppression.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

There are people that are old enough to fight and die for our country and not legally allowed to drink.

I dont see the mobs on the streets raising hell about that.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Comparing gay marriage to the civil rights movement is silly.
It's like comparing apples to bowling balls.

The only reason gay people want the 'marriage' label is to make them feel more normal. Like it's natural or something.

If you want to be with a partner of the same sex, then call it a "gay union certificate" or something but not marriage.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

We are treated equally.

That was my point really.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

soooo, are you suggesting heterosexual couples that are not capable of re-producing shouldn't be allowed to marry ?
since "family" seems to be your stated "goal" of the marital union, those who cannot produce one shouldn't be allowed to marry either, right ??

what exactly are you saying here ?
marriage (for as long as it's been around) used to be between 2 families, not just 2 individuals.

marriage in the USA was pre-determined by a body of thinkers who were deft, color-blind and often prejudiced in many of their decisions. are you suggesting they were right all along ??

personally, i find the whole "benefit package" associated with being married, UnConstitutional.
there should not be any State sponsored benefit targeted to any specific group of people ... for any reason ... when there is, it is at best imbalanced and at worst, discriminatory.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join