It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing new finds in Egyptian desert?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Loki420th

well, there are the bombs laying right there on the ground ... so ... just my opinion. Who knows what a third world country's government was thinking how ever many years ago when they built this? Believe me, I would love for this to be an ancient intergalactic wormhole portal entrance to the gods planets where the beer is free and the women are wild, but I'm just not feeling it here.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki420th
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Bomb test side??? I kinda disagree, there is nothing "bombed". And who would build up such a site just for testing? Egypt?

Deserts are fairly well known for blowing sands, which fill depressions and quickly change the landscape. Not to mention the impact absorption characteristics of sand...

As for who, here's a link.
edit on 7-9-2012 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RationalDespair
I´ve searched ATS extensively for this, but I wasn´t able to find any topic on the findings I´m posting about.

Thanks to a tip by Loki420th in another thread, I found some amazing artifacts being uncovered in the Egyptian desert.

I would be hesitant to label them "amazing artifacts." They're clearly very modern and people have been all over and all around the sites (there's roads leading to one of them and lots of tracks of four-wheeled vehicles all over the place.) While I can't say what they are, I can say that they are not ancient and the locals would probably have a good laugh about the speculation that's been going on. Nor are they hidden planes -- if you've got a top secret plane, you have to be able to scramble the thing out of there. The surrounding terrain doesn't provide enough room for someone to fly any vehicle out safely.

There's a bunch of things they could be. The best way to find out is to join the Google forums (not the ATS forums) and start asking. Someone will know.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

Read the Kryder Explanation, it states otherwise.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So, the so called Kryder Exlporation Research and Recovery team " are just 'Armchair Archaeologists" who use Google Earth and make up fanciful research on Geoglyphs which other users on ATS have co0nfirmed to be Areoplane shaped sand mounts used for bomb testing.

An the 'Expedition" led by Dr. carmen Boulter (seriously, couldn't they have cross checked with some egyptian folks about what these are, they could have at least saved their travel fare) found nothing but a bomb site.

This turns out to be the funniest stuff i have read today.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by RationalDespair

Originally posted by abeverage
The little white pyramid is really strange. Why would they be bombing a white pyramid in Egypt?

I agree on that. I don´t think that would be part of a practice site, however it is a plausible explanation for the aeroplanes just north of it. Especially since the pictures that Loki420th linked to show some of the old bomb shells lying around in the area.

However, I´m not 100% convinced about it either. The sheer absence of any obvious bomb craters is suspicious, as well as the extensive amount of tire tracks and many signs of structures having been dug out of the ground previously.

OMG! OMG! What if this is a portal!

An ancient, ANCIENT area that is a portal to another world/dimension and they disguised it as a bombing range! I mean come on this is Egypt after all!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Yeah!! its a Stargate portal fallen down. it really looks like one, doesnt it?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Could this area be for paratrooper training, a landing site maybe? Maybe the white pyramid is a visual marker for the pilot to line up with? I know I'm out of my league, but from the massive amount of tracks, i thought I'd bring it up since no one else has.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I like the paratrooper idea instead of the bombing, the really is no damage to the site. the question is who was using it and who where they thinking of invading or for what purpose.Someone must have a good idea what this place is or was for. From what I have heard it was always a military zone, where only military could enter.Perhaps a test site for all kinds of things.Lets face it the military need to test their gear if not,,,,,,what good would all that stuff they bought be?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Surely that's a bomb test range. Plus, the "pyramid" appears to be made of concrete. Hardly ancient.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

What's really strange is the tyre tracks that seem to be too straight over some relly harsh looking terrain.

The scale of the irregularities you see is probably quite large. I once inadvertently drove a tiny Suzuki SUV through an air force bombing range – the terrain was coastal sand dunes. My travelling companion and I were a bit puzzled when we found ourselves driving through these gigantic craters in the sand with what looked like the rusted-out remains of oil drums at the bottom of them. When we passed through the area and regained the road, we stopped at a small café for tea and the locals told us where we'd been. 'You're lucky,' they said. 'The air force were over yesterday, bombing.'

Sounds like a tall story, I know, but it happened. In the middle of a civil war, at that.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

It's a Target range , and the reason you don't see any damage is because the don't use real explosives.
That would be too expensive to a third world airforce such as Egypt's, they use dummy bombs.
The inert bombs just stick in sand, and are retrieved after the session, hence all of the tracks.
They gave to go out and visually inspect the range to gauge the accuracy of the session.
One thing I've noticed is that the berms are in the shape of those used by other airforces as defensive installations at remote airfields in the desert.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
just popping in to say regardless what it is, I find it interesting that the pyramid is in the center of a cross.

Whether ancient carving or current practice target.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

It's a Target range , and the reason you don't see any damage is because the don't use real explosives.
That would be too expensive to a third world airforce such as Egypt's, they use dummy bombs.

Correct. See the remark in my earlier post about bits of rusted-out oil drums in the sand.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Hate to say it, but as a professional photographer --- just a friendly statement here --- that you need to know that ALL images are copyright, unless it has a 'creative commons' license listed for them or if it explicitly states that it's free domain for use. It's the same kind of thing where idiots find images on the pinterest and post them on their website and are suddenly shocked when they get sued for illegal use of the images. Now with this sort of site (ATS), it's for research and forums and would be considered in my opinion as 'fair use' however it's still sketchy waters. You could look at it the same as you would a bit torrent site, showing movies without permission. Same thing for us. It's our art being displayed in a manner that hasn't been given permission to or approved.

We often deal with people using our photographs on their blogs without permission, and giving a link is not permission, nor does it make it okay (it just makes it 'less bad'). Now personally I don't think this is a situation that matters and again I think this is 'fair use', but just be aware that just because they don't list 'copyright' that they aren't.

Again, not trying to cause a flame war here or something, just wanting to point out something we deal with on a day in day out basis that is often overlooked.
edit on 7-9-2012 by powerdrone because: Adding more happy faces.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by powerdrone

So, will using screenshots of Google Earth/Google Map could lead to getting sued?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
reply to post by Loki420th

well, there are the bombs laying right there on the ground .

yes and they are US mark 76 25 lb practice bombs.
www.delfasco.com...

I have picked up many if these from a old bombing range.
I get $65 for 40(1/2 ton) of them or $97 for 60(3/4 ton) from the scrap yards.
Being they are 25 lb each it makes it easy to not over load my little truck.
Better is metal detecting for 20 mm brash shells i get $1,17 a pound and can collect 50 pounds a day.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
copyright infringment really only applies if you are making money by using someone elses copyrighted material.

Fair use is a copyright principle based on the belief that the public is entitled to freely use portions of copyrighted materials for purposes of commentary and criticism.

fairuse.stanford.edu...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
reply to post by abeverage

Yeah!! its a Stargate portal fallen down. it really looks like one, doesnt it?

It makes you wonder!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
any image of a jet blueprint in the desert.....is from 1960 - 1975...they are either a MIG or a MIRAGE jet

not ancient.....

though...there is TONS to be found in the egyptian southern and western deserts

peace
edit on 9-9-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join