It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's Just the Way it's ALWAYS Been...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but anytime I talk to someone about politics and the outright corruption, their eventual defense boils down to "That's just the way it's always been" or "That's how they've been doing it, so accept it." NO! I will NOT accept it and you shouldn't either! Since when is this phrase a plausible defense for any argument???

I can't believe anyone would think this way, but to have multiple people tell me the same thing, that worries me to unimaginable proportions. What do you mean "accept it"? Do I accept violent rapes, murder, theft or cheating? Of course not. They too have been happening since the beginning of human civilization, but that doesn't make it right or something we should just accept as something that happens. I know it happens, the point of bringing attention to it is to put a STOP to it or at least curb it. Don't they GET it? Are they that dense?

It's not easy trying to make this world a better place when the people around you have a defeatist attitude. Anyone else get this phrase from people when you're trying to open up their eyes to the political madness and fraud? If people go on believing there is nothing they can do about it, they have given up on their futures and their childrens' futures. It's sad, depressing and disheartening. No matter,...... we must go on. Keep talking, keep presenting the evidence, keep arguing and don't ever just "accept it".

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Star and flag
In a different thread, I just read someone basically say that war is not reality. This is not the type of thinking which will change anything.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

A lot of people are to obsessed with material lives, anything that is outside their circles just doesn't seem to exist. Some people are scared of change on a scale of that magnitude .. I think many have just accepted it.. At the end of the day many people have families to support. An all out revolt could lead to famine and extreme hardships on a vast magnitude of a few surrounding countries as well..

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

A lot of people are to obsessed with material lives, anything that is outside their circles just doesn't seem to exist. Some people are scared of change on a scale of that magnitude .. I think many have just accepted it.. At the end of the day many people have families to support. An all out revolt could lead to famine and extreme hardships on a vast magnitude of a few surrounding countries as well..

Change does not have to come violently. People need to realize this. It can be a peaceful change. All we have to do is enforce our own laws. When there is proof of fraud or voter manipulation, we need to push those people out, punish them accordingly and replace them with someone we can trust to do the job right. I don't understand why people always view change as something bloody. For example in my home country we had the Velvet Revolution. People pushed out the Communists without firing a single shot. Admittedly this doesn't happen often in most countries, but obviously it is possible.

new topics

top topics

join