It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Checking. For those who voted for Obama last time....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bintim

Yes, I have this stupid space bar issue too. I have no idea how it started.

Back on topic, did not vote Obama first time, won't again the second time. No Mittens either. You couldn't pay me to vote this time around, and I don't want to hear any BS about it being my civic duty. I can't stand what we have to choose from. Our founding fathers never meant for us to vote for the "lesser of two evils", and why should I be forced to decide if I can't stand the options?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I prefer a community organizer with compassion at the helm, instead of a corporate whore.

I wonder where you can find one of those. Obama certainly doesn't fit the bill ...

Obama's Top Campaign Donors

Huffington Post - Corporate Donors See Stock Price Gains If Their Candidate Wins, Research Shows

A look at 10 publicly tradedcompanies whose employees gave a higher percentage of their contributions to Barack Obama, including tech giants Microsoft and Google and media company Time Warner, outperformed the S&P 500 by an average of 17.6 percentage points in 2009. In contrast, the 10 companies among John McCain's top contributors who donated more heavily to him than Obama, including AT&T, Bank of New York Mellon and American Financial Group, underperformed the S&P 500 by an average of 2.4 percentage points in 2009.

Obama Fundraisers ... deep ties to corporate lobbiests

The New York Times' Eric Lichtblau reports that the Obama campaign is working with at least 15 "bundlers" who are linked to the lobbying industry. This group of lobbying-affiliated fundraisers--who work either working for private consulting firms or corporations--have raised more than $5 million for the campaign. ...

Among the bundlers on the list, according to the Times: Sally Susman, who heads up lobbying for the drug manufacturer Pfizer, and David L. Cohen, who oversees lobbying for the telecommunications giant Comcast. Both have raised at least $500,000 apiece for Obama's re-election campaign.

- And then there is the information reported on TV news about how 80% of Dept of Energy l(20.5 billion total loans) loans went to Obama's top donors.

- And then there is Obama bundler George Kaiser, owner of (now broke) SOLYNDRA, and the massive loans Obama shot his way.

Googling 'Obama Corporate Whore' ... WOW! Tons of information ...
Republican/Democrat = same/same

To assume that Obama voters are leeches on society is stupid.

You may not be. But many are.
Spread the wealth = looting and leeching and stealing.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
reply to post by bintim

Yes, I have this stupid space bar issue too. I have no idea how it started.

Back on topic, did not vote Obama first time, won't again the second time. No Mittens either. You couldn't pay me to vote this time around, and I don't want to hear any BS about it being my civic duty. I can't stand what we have to choose from. Our founding fathers never meant for us to vote for the "lesser of two evils", and why should I be forced to decide if I can't stand the options?

If you are not planning to vote Democrat or Republican why not vote Libertarian? Instead of forfeiting your vote at least you would be sending a message that the Democrats & Republicans didn't give us a candidate to vote for.

I'm not voting for the "lesser of two evils" or simply voting against someone any more, that is a wasted vote. As long as the majority on both sides continue to vote for "the lesser of two evils" we will continue to get the same results and the same evil leadership. Einstein summed it up best, let's stop the insanity.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

― Albert Einstein

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Yes I did, I voted for Obama hope and change motto.

And not I would not vote for him this time around.

My reasons? you can pretty much read all about it in the way I post in the political forums.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You didn't ask me ... but I'll answer anyways ... I"m voting Gary Johnson this time.
He isn't qualified .. but it's my protest vote.

Oh .. and to the previous poster ... Obama is not 'less likely' to get into a war.

He's bombed more countries than Bush43. He's just like the others ... no hope/no change.

Uh, did he send 500,000 Americans to theatre?

Did initiate a 2.0 trillion dollar decision?

I do not consider a low intensity conflict a war, sorry

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
I voted for Obama in 08 and I will vote for him again. Why? He is the president least likely to start a new war in the middle east. While Romney is already beating the war drums against Iran. I see no need to sacrifice thousands of soldiers and trillions of dollars for a holy war when our economy is struggling at home.

While I completely agree with you that there is no need to sacrifice soldiers and more money for war, I am very curious why you believe President Obama is least likely to start a new war(s).

From St. Pete for Peace, President Obama has:

- Signed the NDAA into law -- assassinating US citizens w/o trial now legal
- Personally oversaw a 'Secret Kill List'
- Waged war on Libya without congressional approval
- Started a covert, drone war in Yemen
- Escalated the proxy war in Somalia
- Escalated the CIA drone war in Pakistan
- Will maintain a presence in Iraq even after "ending" war
- Sharply escalated the war in Afghanistan
- Secretly deployed US special forces to 75 countries
- Sold $30 billion of weapons to the dictatorship in Saudi Arabia
- Signed an agreement for 7 military bases in Colombia
- Opened a military base in Chile
- Signed the Patriot Act extension into law

I've omitted the ones in that list that did not have to do with putting U.S. boots abroad and there's much more at the link; however, I did not include any portion of the second list (which is long!) as all have sources that I did not have time to look at (I'm reluctant to include a source if I haven't 'vetted' it as a reliable source).

So, given just that bit of information, why do you think Obama less likely than Romney to start new wars? I don't think either one of them is different from the other in that regard ... or in most other regards, frankly. =(

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I got to thinking to myself that when I stated this thread I neglected to start it by saying if I had voted for him last time and would do so again this time. I didn't vote for him last time, and I will be voting for Romney this time.

And I am amazed to see all the Johnson support out there. We could see a third party surprise this time around.

Thank you to all who are participating in this thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"

Obomney 2012. Same suit, different color. People who try to separate the candidates with idea's like Romney is a warmonger and Obama isn't are just fooling themselves. Obama doesn't need to say he wants to bomb the middle east, he will just do it anyways without congressional oversight just like he did to Libya, because according to him the US military belongs to the UN.

Come on people. Do you REALLY think your vote matters?
edit on 3-9-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Man I'm loving this thread

Oh, and I didn't vote last time, will likely not vote this time, though if I do I'll vote Johnson. You couldn't pay me in gold to vote for either of those 2 a##holes

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I too did not vote for Obama, i dont anticipate voting for him in this election.

I look at it this way. Obama won the last election with 70 Million votes, Romney would have to overcome a 10 million vote deficit to even have a realistic chance. That aint happening. I wont help Obama win as my conscious is against that man, he is not whats right for this country. In fact I wrote a huge post on facebook today and I think this pretty much sums it up.

I also realize the Obama machine will still be in office come next year. Mitt doesnt excite enough people. He ostracized too many potential voters, real voters, in how they treated Ron Paul. There isnt going to be much reconciliation for that voting bloc, Mitt Romney stands for NONE of the things Ron Paul stood for and that old man had a lot of support. It was evident at his rallies, it was evident from his campaign fundraising (no corporate donors, he went the distance on just regular people, struggling folks making donations), it was evident who the military personnel overwhelmingly supported, it was evident at the convention ignoring RP and the lack of excitement for Romney, it was evident through the bias of main stream news, it was evident from the outright cheating and ignoring of Ron Paul from the GOP. They wont be getting a lot of that mans votes, in fact they are still so scared of that aftermath the GOP is actively trying to keep Gary Johnson the true libertarian candidate off of ballots around the country so Mitt has a better chance to collect votes. I just refuse to believe that this is the best we as the greatest nation in all of the world has to offer. I wont support that machine from either side. In the coming years we will see many more people awakened to these schemes and realize the error of our ways. Our citizenry is an unstoppable force once united towards a common enemy, even if that enemy happens to be our very own government. Every citizen has the right and the duty to throw off an oppressive government, even by force if it comes down to that, but we all hope we can finally find the right way to lead this country back without resorting to any kind of violence. For the most part we are a kind and humble people and only want to help our families and the ones around us, we will see the day again when we resort back to being communities helping each other instead of relying on a government to provide for our every need. That government is leeching our life force as we speak, but it wont be for much longer. You already have 75 million people not participating and the more we have election cycles like this one, the more that number grows.

I will not help Obama remain in power, I will show my dissent through voting my conscious. I will stand with all the others who believe these elections are nothing more than daytime drama to keep people occupied whilst all of their buddies make out like bandits. The last true measure of a man is being honest with himself even when noone is looking. Just like in that booth, no one will ever know if I vote Obama, Romney, or Mickey Mouse, but my heart will only vote for what is right, and neither of those guys are it."

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
To answer the question though, I will most likely vote for Johnson also. He seems like the one decent candidate left that resonates with my belief system in politics.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yep. I will indeed vote for him again in November. Whether my vote matters is a different thing.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
P.T. Barnum was correct in 1910 (or whenever) when he said there's a sucker born every minute.

Trouble is, they started breeding.

On topic, I did not vote for Obama, because I knew who he was, and, more importantly, who he hung out with.

I don't like Romney either. I'll vote for who I want this time and everybody else can suck it. #rnc #republicanparty

Lesser of two evils, indeed. Ron Paul is the best choice at the moment. Which isn't saying much.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yes I voted for him.
No I will not be voting for him again.
Why?
When it comes to my reasons for voting for him, he went ahead and did the opposite of what he promised.
He claimed to want to take care of jobs and the economy and then proceeded to focus on creating a vast new bureacracy that will decimate the middle class via taxes and higher medical costs(i realize he promised this too, just figured he was pandering and not that incredibly stupid).
He denounced Bush's dismissal of the Constitution and civil liberties, then proceeded to make Bush look like a freedom fighter with his scrapping of the founding document.
He pretended to symbolize a "post racial" America, then proceeded to use his justice department and other proxies as a way to create massive division and promote racial preferences.
He claimed to believe that the massive debt levels created by the Bush administration were dangerous, then proceeded to dwarf them.
Basically, he has made Bush look like a halfway decent President (he wasn't, but compared to Obama he is practically Thomas Jefferson).
So there. I don't care for Romney, but he's the lesser of 2 evils. Since I live in solidly red state that has no chance of going to Obama, I may vote Gary Johnson out of conscience.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I also voted for Obama last election and I also wont be voting for him again. I like other Obama voters feel like I was duped. But we must also by any means prevent Romney from being potus, the very idea of having a person who constantly lies to us scares the hell out of me. I think 4 yrs of Romney 100x scarier than more Obama cause we dont know what the hell this guy will do when he is in white house. This election sucks so much I just wish it was over already.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

So you believe anyone who votes for Obama is ignorant?

I believe anyone who votes for Obama is ignorant, but I believe anyone who votes for someone who is a traitor to the US Constitution is ignorant.

As for the OP I will not vote Obama, nor Romney.
I feel Romney is just another Obama, or a stooge at best.
I feel it's a win win for TPTB, but that's just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Two years to young to vote when Obama ran. This time around not sure, considering it cause Mittens scares me, and with a tea party/GOP congress at his disposal? However I'm not to happy about thinking what Obama would do with 4 years of not caring about political fall-out short of the kind that can get you impeached.

Considering voting Gary Johnson, already a Registered Libertarian, though might not vote at all cause what does it matter? I won't get the guy I want either way, and so many people are into this gotta win mentality voting third party is considered a wasted vote. A vote is never wasted if its something or someone you believe in! I mean come on were not voting on the next American idol here were voting for the Leader of the U.S.

And during these time its important to do the research, vote in what you personally believe not just to beat the other guy.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yes I did & no I will not...

However, given the alternative(s), upholding civic duty w/o dissonance is very difficult.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
In o8 I didn't want to vote for Obama but Palin/McCain were so much worse that I didn't have any choice but to vote against them in protest.

and this year the thought of Paul Ryan and that Mormon guy; chicken hawks the both of em. No thanks!!

Third party? We'll see.............

I hope Obama offers more free stuff; that might sway me over to the Democrats side.

edit on 3-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
The purpose of this thread is simple, so I would like to put most of the argument aside and try to keep it narrowly on topic if possible. I understand the passions of everyone out there, and the need to defend or attack is tempting. I have one question and it's for those who voted for Obama in 08 only.

The question is: If you voted for president Obama in 2008, do you still intend on voting for him this time around, or, have you now changed your mind and will not vote for him ?

All I ask is for the answer. Please try not to go off topic, thanks.

edit on 3-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

Voted for him in '08...would sooner stick my hand into a damn garbage disposal than vote for him in '12.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join