It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ufo???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
came across this story on yahoo news.
could this be responsible for some of the ufo sightings?
ya i know its still being made,so they say.
so was the stealth bomber when a lot of people were seeing it and calling it a ufo!
news.yahoo.com...

An aircraft that resembles a four-point ninja star could go into supersonic mode by simply turning 90 degrees in midair. The unusual "flying wing" concept has won $100,000 in NASA funding to trying becoming a reality for future passenger jet travel.

The U.S. military's B-2 Spirit stealth bomber that debuted in 1989 represents the only previously successful flying wing aircraft, even though experimental flying wings flew before then. Zha's bidirectional flying wing kicks the general concept up a notch by essentially laying two flying wings on top of one another at a 90 degree angle, so that the aircraft faces one way for subsonic flight and rotates another way for supersonic flight. [Supersonic Biplane Design Stops Sonic Booms]

go to yahoo news for the whole story
edit on Sat Sep 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod note: added link

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Anything that's ever been in the sky has at one time been a UFO, as in people couldn't identify it. So it's very possible that what you describe has to be added to that list. A video of this craft would certainly help clarify it and add to the debunk list, such as the lanterns etc. often mistaken as real UFO activity.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

your correct!
they didn't have video,just a pic ( i'm an idiot and i cant upload the photo!)
any way it looks like a 'ninja star' and can make 90 degree turns at fast speeds! (sound familiar?)
ya gotta go to yahoo news to check it out. (i'm still an idiot,and can't make the link!)
ya gotta do the leg work yourself. sorry!

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Here you go.

www.mnn.com...

Looks cool!
edit on 1/9/2012 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
That craft is only in a design and concept mode right now; that doesn't mean it hasn't had prototypes that haven't been in the sky as of yet to be mistaken for a UFO. Other super sonic craft has been however, although if they do build this...the few anomalous objects that have stopped and turned 90 degrees will thereafter be associated with this craft.
edit on 1-9-2012 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBrotherDarkness

Nono, you guys have the 90 Degree thing wrong, I have seen/used this concept in a flight simulator.

What it does, is the whole BODY rotates 90 degrees while in flight, keeping in a straight line.

A video might be the best way to describe it, let me see if I can find one.

EDIT: Here we go.

edit on 13-10-2012 by corodius because: Added Video.

top topics

join